• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

parking for Kadani?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi
We are staying for the first time at Kadani in a 2 bedroom in January. Just wondering where the parking is located for these location, is it really underneath on the first floor? Does it go for most of the building so no mater where our room is we can park our car fairly close to an entrance or elevator?

Thanks

Goofydad621

Hi
We are staying for the first time at Kadani in a 2 bedroom in January. Just wondering where the parking is located for these location, is it really underneath on the first floor? Does it go for most of the building so no mater where our room is we can park our car fairly close to an entrance or elevator?

Thanks

Goofydad621

Yes, it's on level 1. Rooms are on 2 to 6. There are 2 elevators in each wing, plus the ones by the lobby. So you will be pretty close no matter where.

Most of the parking is underground. The parking stops about half way down the long hallways, so, if your room is at the end of the hallway, you will still have a fairly long walk from the elevator to your room. For example, our last visit we were in 7851. The closest elevator was actually further from the lobby than our room, so, we had to backtrack to get to our room. That elevator was the last elevator for parking, so, if you had a higher number room, then you had a fairly long walk to the room. The other, related, issue is that parking runs out at the far ends of the resort. We actually sometimes didn't get to park near the elevator closest to our room. We usually were able to find a space that was about midway between the last two elevators.

We have also had a room on the opposite side of the resort, nearer Jambo house. The last elevator, once again, is about half way down the hallway. On this side, there is an additional parking lot that guests can use that is not under the Kidani building. The peculiarity of this particular parking location is that it is closer to the lobby of Jambo house than to the lobby of Kidani village, which is nice to know if you plan to eat at Jambo house at Mara, Boma or Jiko.

We had the Disney Dining Plan, and I have to say that we didn't make much use of the refillable mugs due to the distance to the lobby, and the fact that the lobby closed earlier than we were usually back from the parks. But, the distant rooms are very peaceful and quiet. We once stayed at the second to last room facing Sunset savannah closest to Jambo. I think that particular trip, we may only have gone to the lobby to check into our room.

Technically the parking is at ground level, the building starts on the 2nd floor.

Underground parking in Florida would be filled with swamp water.

The MK is also built on the second floor so Disney could have the Utilidors underneath.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everybody

I just heard that the parking was under the building, I have had long distance parking at the Ploy and at AKL in the past. Glad to now that it is not as bad there

Goofydad621

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter