Parking Increase

ksdaveb2003

Mouseketeer
Just saw a post on a different social media site that stated that UO parking is increasing to $32/day. :oops:

i think it's such a disgusting cash grab at a time when families are seeing everything from groceries to insurance skyrocketing. Seriously $32???? When people are already paying hundreds per day to enter your parks, plus premium prices for food, gifts, etc? Can't these conglomerates retain a teeny, tiny modicum of sensitivity to the struggle many have to even afford attending? Parking should be 10-20 max. It's ridiculous.

Sea World just raised theirs as well - and their parking is basically an open asphalt lot - and a real cluster to boot.

If this was on the Disney forum there would be 30 pages of how much Disney stinks, the magic is gone, all they do is raise prices, this is why I'm not going to Disney ever again....blah-blah-blah.

My only thought would be that there has to be a decent expense to maintaining a parking garage along with the seemeingly 100 miles of moving walkways to get to city walk.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country both have $32 parking fees, as well.

I guess it’s been a while since I’ve noticed parking costs, but I remember $15-$20, as well. Things have really gone up in just the last few years, though.

If this was on the Disney forum there would be 30 pages of how much Disney stinks, the magic is gone, all they do is raise prices, this is why I'm not going to Disney ever again....blah-blah-blah.

My only thought would be that there has to be a decent expense to maintaining a parking garage along with the seemeingly 100 miles of moving walkways to get to city walk.
I don't begrudge Universal as much - because it IS a covered garage with some security. But I hate paying the same inflated rate for an open asphalt lot in the blazing sun at Sea world - which is NOT in the same leagues as WDW and Universal, no matter how much they try to price themselves with those bigger players. Their lots are terrible - a real free-for-all: disorganized, dangerous with minimal security or other staffing on busy days.

I mentioned this on another thread - but the price is so high for Disney and Universal that you are better off getting an uber.

I got an Uber from Universal to Disney return and it was only a few dollars more than the price of parking and a lot less hassle.

Well part of it seems to be that this board is very slow for the last few months and not a lot of posting.

If it makes anyone feel better, the mall I go to charges more to park 1.5 to 2 hours.
View attachment 848068
Valid point. The cruise ship port in Brooklyn, NY is $45/day. And it's just a broken-up asphalt lot with a chain link fence.
My son is a big University of Kansas football fan and said they were told that, since their conference games will be held at Arrowhead next year while their new stadium is being built, they will have to pay the "usual" Arrowhead parking rate of $50/game.

Parking fees - another great reason to stay at a hotel (with free parking) & a shuttle.
Those offsite shuttles are very mixed and are often shared by multiple hotels.

I had looked at several of the properties that had a free shuttle and the shuttle did not get very high ratings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter