Parking Question

DianeNJ

Earning My Ears
We will be staying outside the park and would like to know if there is anyway to avoid paying parking when going to the parks. Can you park at a resort and take their transportation to the park?

Unless you are a resort guest, you can't use the resort parking for more than a designated amount of time. They will usually give you a "guest" pass for an hour or two and that is it. There is just not enough parking at the resorts to accomodate guests trying to visit the parks.

No, that's a perk for staying on site. That's why they have
security. Can you imagine if everyone did that? Spring with
some of that money you are 'saving' by staying off site.

I could reccommend you a couple of places, but they are secrets. :)

I'll bet Charlie told you to post that question here. ;)

Disney has specially trained bunnies that patrol the parking areas and grounds. They can sniff out an off-site hotel guest car from 100 yards. You don't want to get those bunnies mad at you. :eek:

j/k... the answer is, don't get caught.

An annual pass would give you free parking, may be worth it if you are staying a week or longer.

I see that there are a few other parking questions over on the transportation board.

Here's the link:

transportation board

PS - is 6 bucks a day really going to bankrupt you? ;)

With security being as tight as it is around the "world" - parking security is right up there. We drove to AKL for breakfast and we quizzed when we arrived and given a limited pass to park there.

Can't answer your question, but I want to give you a big welcome to the DIS boards!

There is no way to avoid the parking fee and what is Charlie really like at work?

Just to note that valet parking is $6.00 PLUS the tip--which is still expected. Not really a great bargain when you can park on the lots for only 1/2 that---.

Nice to see you on the DIS, Diane. Welcome. :sunny: I see you are from NJ. I know a guy named Charlie from NJ. Hope you don't know him. :D

Good ideas here too, BTW.

Speaking of parking, one of my guidebooks mentioned that Disney's Boardwalk area offered parking for the numerous eating and many after-dark establishments in that area (ESPN Club, Big River Grille, etc).

My question is: does anyone know how late the WDW transportation bus runs to that area? About an hour or so after the last park closes?

Also, are there any parking limitations? What time does the lot(s?) open? I wanted to see if others have chosen to park here and found it convenient if they planned to end their day at the resturants in that area after visiting the other parks via the WDW bus, boat, or other system?

Thanks.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter