Parks Reopening 9/30?

I don't know about Disney, but Sea World just sent email saying they are closed on 9/30.

Disney has almost normal park hours posted for all 4 parks on the website calendar for the 30th. We’ve heard rumors at Kidani today that AK is opening tomorrow at 8. Since there is a Halloween party I would bet they really want to get magic kingdom open as well.

FWIW, I cannot get reservations for tomorrow in AP system. I also asked to tour DVC tomorrow and was asked If another day might be better. I’m curious how “phased” it will be.

Now that park hours are posted, has anyone (resort guests or not) been able to get a park reservation for any park tomorrow? We’re not seeing any availability at any park. What’s the point of opening the parks if park reservations aren’t also added? Surely, they are not just relying on all the people who had reservations prior to the storm (many of whom canceled or left).

Were the park hours for tomorrow ever removed? The following is listed in the Disney website so I would not anticipate the hours currently posted to remain the same.

The theme parks are currently planned to open under a phased approach so I would anticipate parks and hours to change with the next update.

Personally, I would be surprised if they offered more reservations as what is open will be with reduced staff as many CMs will be unable to get to work.

19A73CE8-0123-4970-90C0-4A8F406FD9D7.png

Does anyone know when restaurants are ending walk up only? Wondering about Boma for tomorrow since park doesn’t open till 11.

Were the park hours for tomorrow ever removed? The following is listed in the Disney website so I would not anticipate the hours currently posted to remain the same.

The theme parks are currently planned to open under a phased approach so I would anticipate parks and hours to change with the next update.

Personally, I would be surprised if they offered more reservations as what is open will be with reduced staff as many CMs will be unable to get to work.

View attachment 706597
Park reservations were blocked out on Tuesday for Wednesday - Friday. We haven’t seen them return, even though Friday hours are now posted.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when restaurants are ending walk up only? Wondering about Boma for tomorrow since park doesn’t open till 11.
I do not know if they are ending walk up but we are here at Jambo and Boma has been very busy every time we have walked by. However they are moving people in and out. I feel the morning was less busy than the evening. We have walked by a lot lol. UP and down up and down. We walked over to Sanna and they had an hour or more wait around 5:30. :)

Looks like resort guests will get 2 hours of early entry at each park tomorrow 9/30. The CM at the Boardwalk front desk confirmed this.

Per the resort tv system (words scrolling with updates) Hotel guests will have 2 hour early entry. Magic band or key, along with ticket and park reservation required. As we have a reservation I have not attempted to modify or change anything so we will go to the park we planned on going to.

Announced on WESH Channel-2 (local TV), Thursday evening:

WDW:

. . . Magic Kingdom, Friday, 10:00am
. . . Epcot, Friday, 11:00am
. . . Studios, Friday, Noon
. . . Animal Kingdom, Friday, 1:00pm
. . . Water Parks (all), Friday, closed
. . . Disney Springs, Friday, 10:00am
. . . WDW Hotels on/near water previously evacuated, Friday, closed (including Fort Wilderness)

UNIVERSAL:
. . . USF, Friday, staggered openings, ONLY to hotel guests (due to damage)
. . . IoA, Friday, staggered openings, ONLY to hotel guests (due to damage)

SEAWORLD;
. . . SW, Friday, Closed
. . . Aquatica, Friday, closed

LEGOLAND:
. . . Friday, closed

FUNSPOT:
. . . Kissimmee, Friday, 10:00am
. . . Orlando, Friday, 10:00am

NOTE-1
Hopefully, opening times might change overnight.
Parks must be able to notify employees and see who is available.
One of out friend's daughter got a call after 9:00pm, Thursday night.

NOTE-2:

Due to publicity, no parks have announced actual IAN damages.

WDW:

. . . WDW Hotels on/near water previously evacuated, Friday, closed (including Fort Wilderness)

UNIVERSAL:

SEAWORLD;
. . . SW, Friday, Closed

LEGOLAND:
. . . Friday, closed

FUNSPOT:

NOTE-1

NOTE-2:

The Disney ones all open 2 hours earlier for resort guests early entry. So MK at 8am etc.

WDW:

UNIVERSAL:

SEAWORLD;
. . . SW, Friday, Closed

LEGOLAND:
. . . Friday, closed

FUNSPOT:

NOTE-1

NOTE-2:

Hi Rusty. Good to see you here. I pray you and your family were safe.

On the 50th last year, one of the FW boat skippers told us that he received his orders late that night as well. And we were standing on the dock very early at 5:00 am. Is this normal procedure or only done under extraordinary circumstances?

Universal is not open even to jotel
Guests. We are here and we are getting seven different stories from we don’t know to no parks today to maybe noon. I wish they would communicate better. Not upset about the closings just poor communication

Roped dropped mgm. It’s dead. After we ck off our must do boxes, planniNg on hitting MK

Only ride down is ROTR for normal stuff
@ 10:30 am. Just missed it lol. Some things never change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter