Parks will be closed for Ian

Guess they receded before we got up at 9 am
I don't think it's severe flooding but definitely saw water covering the walkways to where I wouldn't be comfortable walking through it, esp those walkways along the lagoon under the bridges.

I saw the canopy on the pool bar and told DH I doubt the pool opens as soon as the parks with all the green in the bottom.
Have seen no flooding though, have you?

Yes, the grass and pathway where the dogs are walked was flooded over and pool manager said the pool has overflowed.

Walkways along certain parts of the water path have overflowed too, we haven’t seen it as we haven’t left the resort yet. They have drainage guys working on the flooding.

Glad to hear everything is going ok thru the storm. We’re due to arrive on Saturday and have been on the fence about canceling - mostly worried about the roads and getting there but also whether rides may be damaged or shut down. I saw already this morning the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride building looks like it took some damage from the storm.
I'm supposed to arrive in Orlando Saturday too. I don't think I'm cancelling at the moment, but the Airbnb we are staying at confirmed there is no flooding or damage (it's near WDW) and we won't be going to Universal until the 5th anyway. That being said, I'm waiting and seeing the extent of the damage and I don't want to be there to be in the way when so many folks are struggling with flooding, etc. I too worry about roads and getting there but I imagine as the day goes on and into tomorrow we will know more.

Word on Twitter is that the parks will still be closed tomorrow (per CMs). They may just be opening parts of City Walk. I just noticed how they worded it as “parts of our destination” and didn’t actually say anything about the parks.
I know some TM (at least I assume you meant TM not CM) are requested to work as of 9 PM tonight

If you means CM, you aren’t talking Universal

I know some TM (at least I assume you meant TM not CM) are requested to work as of 9 PM tonight

If you means CM, you aren’t talking Universal
Sorry, TM. I tried to post the article that says only VB and CityWalk TMs have been asked to report for normal tomorrow
And these comments from TMs that attractions won’t be open tomorrow.

Last edited:
So who is this Ashley C person?
Someone who knows?
Word on Twitter is that the parks will still be closed tomorrow (per CMs). They may just be opening parts of City Walk. I just noticed how they worded it as “parts of our destination” and didn’t actually say anything about the parks.
technically Disney never stated anything about parks either.
But they are opening theirs

So who is this Ashley C person?
Someone who knows?
Your link doesn’t work otherwise
Her profile says she works at Hogwarts Express. Just trying to share info with people who might not be on Twitter. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m sure UOR will post an update at some point but I always prefer to know what the chatter is so I don’t get my hopes up thinking something will happen and then it’s not. I see a LOT of people on social media assuming the parks will be open for resort guests and that assumption may be premature. Like, you posted upthread that you’re onsite and didn’t see any flooding, but people in other areas had lots of pics of flooding. Just trying to be helpful.

And yes, I fixed the link, didn’t realize it wouldn’t link to an outside site.

Yes, it was carefully worded.

Hopefully it won’t be too long till the parks are open again.

We do know several folks who are Back tomorrow.

I agree, it’s nice to share any info.

We heard one man complain and moan and everyone around was like…….c’mon give them a break……..some folks just have to make the staff’s life difficult. He’s checking out today we’re all glad to see.
There is always one - boggles the mind really.
I'm loosing a few nights on my FF+ pass that really changes the value of it overall - but in the scheme of things its not a big deal.
People can be ridiculous.
I get that is S*#ks to spend all that money for a few days as Universal and a hurricane hits but not like they can control that

I see hulk was flooded and the river ride damaged - they have so much work to do its crazy - not just the cleanup but the setup all of HHN again PLUS all their own personal things to deal with.

Just went up and talked to the people at the parks/ticket desk. They said they have no clue when/if anything will even open today - including VB and citywalk, and transportation.
We are unable to use 2 days on our 5 day ticket. She said instead of calling, once guest services opens up we can visit one of the booths at the park, but we are leaving tomorrow so I’m not sure that will be an option.
I just wish they would communicate and let everyone know. The lobby is full of confused people. Kids and families up there with their lanyards on, thinking the parks are open to hotel guests, ready to start their day, but everyone is finding out there’s no where to go. Disney gave operating hours yesterday, and are doing 2 hours of early park admission for hotel guests this morning. SeaWorld was honest and let everyone know they wouldn’t be opening. Crickets from Universal outside of the very vague message from yesterday 😔

Just went up and talked to the people at the parks/ticket desk. They said they have no clue when/if anything will even open today - including VB and citywalk, and transportation.
We are unable to use 2 days on our 5 day ticket. She said instead of calling, once guest services opens up we can visit one of the booths at the park, but we are leaving tomorrow so I’m not sure that will be an option.
I just wish they would communicate and let everyone know. The lobby is full of confused people. Kids and families up there with their lanyards on, thinking the parks are open to hotel guests, ready to start their day, but everyone is finding out there’s no where to go. Disney gave operating hours yesterday, and are doing 2 hours of early park admission for hotel guests this morning. SeaWorld was honest and let everyone know they wouldn’t be opening. Crickets from Universal outside of the very vague message from yesterday 😔
Talk about “WOAH”. The lack of communication from Universal is unacceptable. It is already almost 8am, and no follow up since their vague communication last night. Again, WOAH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter