Part 5 IOA, USF, etc.

Nan

Mouseketeer
Cast: Me & DH 40 somethings
DD 16
DD 12

First, I want to say thank goodness for Band-Aid Blister treatment. This product saved the trip for me. These are in the "Dr. Scholl's" area at our Wal-Mart. Our first day at USO I wore new socks (big mistake) and they caused big blisters on my little toes. I had happend to bring the Blister stuff and put it into use the next morning. They are large, opaque ovals that you stick directly to the blister and surrounding area, it conforms to your foot. Sounds bad, but it worked great for me. They don't move around or get messed up like regular Band-Aids. I recommend that you don't leave home for USO without it!!

Commercial over. Back to the trip. We didn't get to IOA at opening time, as we had hoped, but like we all have said, with the Onsite Express room key, you don't have to be so rushed and pressured. So, we decided to have breakfast at Croissant Moon. This is located on the right, not far into the the park. It wasn't extremely crowded. The service is cafeteria style. Everything we had was delicious. We got a cinnamon roll, banana nut muffin, fruit cup, orange juice, soft drinks and coffee. These fruit cups are available throughout both parks and they were delicious. We got them several times and each one had ripe, tasty fruit in it. I was skeptical and didn't expect it to be so good, but it was. Of course they are a little pricey (2.99, I think), but they contain watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, honeydew melon, I think that is all, and are big enough to share for a cool, healthy, snack.

On to the rides. Since we were able to ride most everything we wanted (magic room key) the first day, I think I have already talked about most of the rides. But, again, we zipped in and out of rides effortlessly and with great enjoyment. DH and I rode the Hulk, so great!!! We still can't talk DD's into riding it. That is another great thing about the Express line w/key, we left the girls on a bench to wait and they were only there about 15 minutes at the most until we were done and back. We never got to ride the Barges, there was a problem with the pump. So we bypassed Dudley Do-Right as well. You really do get completely soaked on these two and we had things to do and didn't want to have to go change clothes. We had ridden them last year, but if you never have, be sure to do it, they are fun, but will soak you. We rode Spiderman several different times and I think I could tell that some rides were more active than others. Maybe I thought this because Earl has told us some scoops are different that others, but I believe I did feel a difference.

We decided to eat lunch at Mythos, I had heard so much about it on this board. We went around 11:15 and were seated immediately. This is a unique dining experience. It is so funny to be in a nice restaurant in a theme park - there everybody is in shorts and T-shirts, but this is no "theme-park" restaurant! The decor is lovely and unusual. For some reason, I had pictured it as being dark, but it is light and beautiful. We sat in a large booth with a nice view of the water. Our waiter was a little subdued and I was wishing for some of the others I saw around. They were more animated and had suggestions for their tables and all, but ours was a "just the facts ma'm" kind of guy. It was Ok, though. After we ordered, he brought us a basket of the most delicious bread and butter. The bread was literally steaming hot and just so good. DH had the pizza of the day and I had the wrap of the day. His pizza had garlic sauce and veggies on it. Very good. My wrap was a pork tenderloin, chipotle wrap with stirfry veggies in it. OOOOHHHH, it was wonderful, I wish I had one now!!! There were, also, some sort of mashed potatoes with it. I didn't really care for them - the thing is they were pale green and had an interesting flavor - wassabi or something maybe, I am not real good with this type thing. Anyway, I am not used to gourmet things, so I am sure it was me and not the potatoes!! I honestly cannot remember what the girls got - been too long now, but everyone enjoyed their food and we were too full for dessert. I wanted to try the banana gooey cake, but just couldn't do it after all the other delicious food. Maybe, next time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter