Part Six - Meg & Mom's Disneyland/Hollywood Adventure

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Cast.. Me (mom), 32 yrs & Meg (mature 8.5 yrs). Both LOVE Disney and Hollywood.This was our dream trip!
Day 6 –Jan 12

Yay! It was finally ‘Club Libby Lu’ Day! Meg had been looking forward to this from the minute I told her she got to go on Xmas morning. This was like a dream come true to her! I had made her appointment for 10am and hoped for a sunny day so the hairdo didn’t get wrecked. Well we had a beautiful sunny day!

For those not ‘in the know’ of what Club Libby Lu is, it is a tweenie girls makeover shop in DTD. They do little makeovers – they can pick a princess, ballerina, rock n’ roll chick or pop princess makeover.
254007986tEXEPz_ph.jpg

We arrived and as she entered they sprinkled fairy dust (glitter powder) on Meg and welcomed her. I was so impressed. They were all upbeat and really into it. The store is amazing. VERY pink!!! It was like they took Meg’s personality and likes, and bottled it – then opened it up in a store. It was so ‘her’. I could have spent a fortune in this store. She loves pink poodle stuff, and they had tons of it in here ($$$$). Cute tops and tees and all the accessories. They have a make your own potion (lotion) bar, lip gloss maker, etc….. You can pick your makeover and they range from $20 for hair/nails/makeup and 5 choices from the party favours upwards of $40 that include potions and glitter and tees. We just did the $20 pkg because there were other things she wanted to buy rather than making lotion. They took about 30 mins for her makeover.
254017727iUaZut_ph.jpg

254017823vcenHz_ph.jpg

She picked the rock n’ roll chick and looked adorable. She had pink eyeshadow and pink glitter nails and felt so pretty. I bought her a tank top and as I said, could have blown a ton of cash in here, but held back! This place is simply amazing, and if you have a tweenie girl – it is a MUST do! Meg’s hairstyle stayed in for 3 full days – it was done with twisting and bobby pins. I had to fix a couple of spots, and just washed her bangs and these pieces that stuck out at the top on the 3rd day, and she was good to go.
254017861NCEASe_ph.jpg

254017894zGdrwK_ph.jpg

After Libby Lu we went to the La Brea Bakery and got a coffee/blueberry muffin and a choc. Milk/Choc. Chip Cookie ($12). We sat outside and there were tons of cute little birds who got most of my muffin (it wasn’t very good – too dense). We then went into Cal Adv. And rode Soarin’ again. We went and did a few other things again, or things that were closed in the rain. Also, the 75 mickeys were on display and Meg really loved running to each one to see which celebs had made them.
254018274kgGmRv_ph.jpg

254018250sTGLyR_ph.jpg

After a few rides in paradise pier, we were going to go on California Screamin’, but Meg wasn’t feeling good. I think she had too many rides, and her sugary breakfast didn’t help. She conked out on a bench near the fish carousel (name?? LOL) and slept for nearly an hour (of course…we couldn’t go back to our hotel due to the shuttle issue…..).
254018358WfOAfl_ph.jpg

I people watched and she finally woke up – starving. All she wanted were chicken nuggets, so we wandered over and found Taste Pilots Grill. This turned out to be our fave place to eat! The food was awesome - and the portions were huge! Meg said they were the best chicken nuggets she has ever had! The kids meals come in a little lilo & stitch lunch pail with happy face fries. My burger was HUGE. I mean really really huge, and came with criss cross fries. The burgers come plain, and then you go to the condiment bar, which looks more like a salad bar. There are fresh tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc… to put on your burger. I saw lots of people put their burger on a napkin and make a salad out of the ‘condiments’ to go with it. The food was excellent and lunch cost about $14 for the 2 of us. We ate around 2pm, and it filled us up until late evening. Definitely a great place to eat and leave full! It is right next to Soarin’ - so if you get a fast pass, you can eat here, and then go on the ride.

We went over to DL for the Mickey Shining Star Cavalcade at 3pm. We went and found our perfect seats on a curb and were all excited to see the parade.. The parade started – then it ended. – all in about 3 mins. It wasn’t really a parade, but a car and a tiny float thing with a bunch of characters. What a waste of time! We laughed so hard – we thought it was a real parade and were looking forward to it, and it was a dud! We hung out in DL the rest of the day.
254026549syMsdz_ph.jpg

We had gone into Innoventions at about 5:30. I didn’t think this would be really interesting, but we ended up enjoying it. All I wanted to do was find somewhere in there that maybe we could email someone – and we were told there was something that took a photo and emailed it to whoever you wanted. We found out that this was the ‘Talk to Stitch’ attraction.This alone is worth the trip into Innoventions. You have to go on a ‘reservation list’ when you get inside, and then they take you in to meet stitch. Well Meg does this bang on impersonation of Stitch’s voice, so she had a great time. They take you in, and Stitch is on a screen. They have someone watching you from behind and you talk into a phone. You can ask stitch whatever you want and he answers you. Meg didn’t really know what to say, because we didn’t know you actually ‘talk’ to stitch, so we weren’t really prepared. At the end, they take your photo and give you a place to pick it up on the web. If you go to http://stitch.go.com/ and type in 69M7X3X you can see Meg’s photo! We called Gramma and gave her the site and the code, and she was happy to see her baby! We also did this other email thing, but the emails never did appear…so they are lost in cyberspace at DL. Another neat thing Meg adored was the re-mix studio. They had real working re-mix machines with pop faves like Raven and Hilary Duff, and you could remix their music, then watch the video. It was pretty empty in there, so Meg got the CM to show her how it all worked. There is a mini dance floor and she started to do some hip hop dance (she is an excellent dancer). The CM danced with her and she had an awesome time. At the end, he gave her an Honorary Citizen Sticker for dancing. She was really excited to get that sticker!
254026682iymLPT_ph.jpg

We did tons of rides and also got a churro (yum!). Our feet were healing and not as sore as previous days. The next day was to be our last day in Disneyland. We hit the 7pm shuttle back to the hotel and ordered pizza!

What a great day! Thanks for the trip report, Meg is having such fun :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter