Parties of 6 or more, how do you do it?

mindylovesmickey

Proud Marine Wife
I'm new here but I'm hoping someone can help me. Why is it so hard to book suites for parties of 6+ at the DLR? Is WDTC the only ones other than Central Reservations who have that option? I could turn this into a really long story, but to not do that, I have reservations through Central Reservations for a 2 bedroom suite in February for 4 nights. We are doing the 5 days for 3 bonus tickets, but because we aren't booking through WDTC, we don't get any of the "extras" like MTTMM or preferred seating at DCA. The only reason we are not going through WDTC is poor planning on my part because I didn't realize you have to pay for the full package 30 days before arrival. We are using our tax refund for this trip, lol. So, do I chaulk this up to lesson learned and just hope we get to do these things next time with better planning (we plan on upgrading to an AP during this trip), or is there a way around this to get those extra things?

Why do you feel the need to book a package? At DLR it is very easy and usually much cheaper to book things separately.

Have you considered not staying on-site? There are many accommodations for 6 just across the street from DLR and within easy walking distance. Check out this map for hotels.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

The ones I would recommend for 6 people are Desert Inn & Suites, Camelot & Carousel. Residence Inn Maingate is a bit farther, but offers an awesome breakfast and has a lot more space to spread out.

If you prefer to book a package just for ease of not having to research hotels, etc., I'd recommend getawaytoday.com. They are currently offering 2 free Early Entries with their parkhoppers and their prices normally beat WDTC.

Hope this helps to give you some more options. :goodvibes

We did the Desert Inn & Suites last year and we were mildly disappointed with our experience and the room itself. And we have never stayed onsite before and are really looking forward to that experience, especially since we are staying for 5 days. This will be our last vacation before my husband goes back to Iraq and I guess maybe I'm trying to put to much emphasis on the "magic" that is supposed to go along with going to Disney. I did book us a 2 bedroom suite with conceierge service at a military rate at the DLH, we are doing a character breakfast, and we get at least one day of EE so I just probably need to let it be. I just wanted the preferred seating, MTTMM, and that extra stuff the WDTC is throwing in there. I keep look for the preferred seating and MTTMM on Ebay and all the tickets they are selling either expire January 31, 2008 OR they want an arm and a leg for them.

I know we will have fun either way.

The 6 of us have always found the same problem. With the Anaheim fire codes requiring (up to 5 only per room) finding rooms that work is difficult. We have only purchased 1 package previously and all the other times we booked direct and did alot of research and asked on the Disboards for opinions. Most folks who post on here only have smaller families and that appears to where most places aim their business to accomadate them.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter