Party ticket LIMITs?

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
With the after hours tickets capping at 3000 at $150 per person. 7pm till 2 am , I believe is a GREAT value. 10pm-2am only 3000 guest!
Now for another topic/question.
The parties have been over crowed to say the least . Some like the price increase, some don't.
The prices have been announced this year for parties. We discussed that on the other thread.
What and where would YOU like to see the ticket cap at? What would make it valuable to you?
I would say since the hours have been cut back from the past. Now it's over at midnight .
I would like to see a 5000 ticket cap . One man can dream right! Then I would be happy to pay $100 per person.

I loved the disney after hours party it was amazing I would love for the hollowed party to be the same number I know it will never be but I could wish

I totally understand your sentiments.

But your best hope is to hope that people think the new prices are too high and fewer people buy tickets.

Nobody knows what their limit is. I agree that it's too high. But as long as people keep buying tickets and going, nothing will change.

My best guess is that "sold out" is in the neighborhood of 25K. Taking that down to 5K would be a massive cut in sales. The parties would go away before that would happen. That's what happened to the Pirate & Princess Parties and I think attendance was well over 5K each.

You might think Disney After Hours is a good value at $149. The problem is that there weren't enough people who agreed with you to support it.

Last edited:
I know it will never happen

I do not think 140 is a good price I paid 75 and that was hight

By the way and I hope you did not mean this but your replay came off kind of mean to me ( and before anyone says anything I have a right to my own feelings and I maybe more sensitive with things right now)

I know it will never happen

I do not think 140 is a good price I paid 75 and that was hight

By the way and I hope you did not mean this but your replay came off kind of mean to me ( and before anyone says anything I have a right to my own feelings and I maybe more sensitive with things right now)

:confused3

If you're talking to me, my reply was to the OP, not you. And it wasn't meant to be the least bit mean. I even said I understood the sentiments.

I believe the current party "caps" are at around 30,000 (that's what I have read, I have no idea). I would like to see that cut in half (so 15,000). It would still be festive, without being on top of each other. I would pay 50% more, if that were the case.

Since Disney doesn't release party ticket totals, guests are left to estimate what is being sold. Years ago, the rumored cap was 20K-25K, that number has very clearly risen in the last few years to probably closer to 40K-50K. That 40K-50K is still a long ways off from park capacity, but it makes for a fairly crowded party (especially with Disney cutting back on the number of M&Gs and shows the past few years).

I'd be happy to see the number return to the 20K-25K mark, but as @mom2rtk said, Disney would likely stop holding the parties before losing that big a revenue stream.

that number has very clearly risen in the last few years to probably closer to 40K-50K. That 40K-50K is still a long ways off from park capacity, but it makes for a fairly crowded party (especially with Disney cutting back on the number of M&Gs and shows the past few years).

:faint:

Since Disney doesn't release party ticket totals, guests are left to estimate what is being sold. Years ago, the rumored cap was 20K-25K, that number has very clearly risen in the last few years to probably closer to 40K-50K. That 40K-50K is still a long ways off from park capacity, but it makes for a fairly crowded party (especially with Disney cutting back on the number of M&Gs and shows the past few years).

I'd be happy to see the number return to the 20K-25K mark, but as @mom2rtk said, Disney would likely stop holding the parties before losing that big a revenue stream.
Good point that it seemed the cap was increased last year. Didn't the party event had some language in the past regarding "limited" tickets / exclusivity that was taken out from the description, starting last year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter