• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party Ticket Problem

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
I have an MDE with just party tickets in it and a resort reservation. When I look at My Reservations page it shows both of those things, but when I click on book FP+ it says that no one in my party has a ticket linked. Now it's now 60-days out yet, but I am worried that something is not right.

I have an MDE with just party tickets in it and a resort reservation. When I look at My Reservations page it shows both of those things, but when I click on book FP+ it says that no one in my party has a ticket linked. Now it's now 60-days out yet, but I am worried that something is not right.
I have the same exact issue! I posted.for help, yet no one has responded yet, so I don't know how to help you. I tried calling Ticketing and was told that party tickets can't pre-book FPs. I know that isn't the case, but that's what I was told. I hope.someone will.respond with a way to help both of us:)

The Party Ticket is only good for that specific day so it isn't going to open a 30-day window.

I have restricted CM Comp Tickets in my MDE that only have a 7-day window. With an onsite reservation, my Comps now have a 60-day window.

You'll have to wait for your 60-day onsite reservation length of stay window to open and then you'll be able to book FPs for that specific park day.

Thanks Hiro! I think you've already answered this once for me, but it seems odd now that I have the tickets in my account that it would still say no ticket linked when you click on FP+....seems like the error should be something else like "it's not 60-days yet."

Thanks Hiro! I think you've already answered this once for me, but it seems odd now that I have the tickets in my account that it would still say no ticket linked when you click on FP+....seems like the error should be something else like "it's not 60-days yet."
As if Disney would be that thorough and precise! ;) They can't even say "your 60-day window opens at exactly 60 days..."

Hatbox - if you don't see booking availability open when your window opens, please report back! :)

But I am in my 60 day window, and I am not fine:) So, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction to fix it? I assigned my party tix to phantoms in my MDE. Tickets to the party were purchased on the Disney site. But, like the OP, they don't show up when I try to get FPs for them. I am 56 days from my arrival date, so according to the above advice, I should be fine? Or because my phantoms don't have an on-site stay, the FP window will open at 30 days?

But I am in my 60 day window, and I am not fine:) So, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction to fix it? I assigned my party tix to phantoms in my MDE. Tickets to the party were purchased on the Disney site. But, like the OP, they don't show up when I try to get FPs for them. I am 56 days from my arrival date, so according to the above advice, I should be fine? Or because my phantoms don't have an on-site stay, the FP window will open at 30 days?
You need to group someone on the room reservation to the party people to open the booking, then take the person out of the grouping and book for the phantoms.

You need to group someone on the room reservation to the party people to open the booking, then take the person out of the grouping and book for the phantoms.

I have to say....I have no idea how to do that. Would you be so kind as to explain how to group someone who is on my room reservation to the party ticket holders? I can't seem to modify my room reservation online. I'd appreciate any help - thanks.

I have to say....I have no idea how to do that. Would you be so kind as to explain how to group someone who is on my room reservation to the party ticket holders? I can't seem to modify my room reservation online. I'd appreciate any help - thanks.
For the Party group, add on a person from the room reservation. Then when a warning comes up regarding the onsite person, remove him from the group and continue booking for the phantom group.

If that doesn't work, you can free up a full day for an onsite person and group with the phantoms to book FPs for the party day. Then, change the onsite person back to whatever FPs he actually needs.

If you don't feel comfortable grouping/regrouping, you'll need to wait until you are 30 days out from the Party to book for the phantoms.

I bumper my hotel stay out a few days...and was able to get in and get exactly what I wanted! Hooray! Thanks Hiro!

For the Party group, add on a person from the room reservation. Then when a warning comes up regarding the onsite person, remove him from the group and continue booking for the phantom group.

If that doesn't work, you can free up a full day for an onsite person and group with the phantoms to book FPs for the party day. Then, change the onsite person back to whatever FPs he actually needs.

If you don't feel comfortable grouping/regrouping, you'll need to wait until you are 30 days out from the Party to book for the phantoms.

I tried this, and I'm still getting the error message that my two phantoms don't have tickets. I'm 58 days out from the party and 56 days out from the beginning of my on-site resort reservation. Could the problem be that I originally purchased the tickets under real names, and re-assigned them in MDE to phantoms on my account?

I tried this, and I'm still getting the error message that my two phantoms don't have tickets. I'm 58 days out from the party and 56 days out from the beginning of my on-site resort reservation. Could the problem be that I originally purchased the tickets under real names, and re-assigned them in MDE to phantoms on my account?
That shouldn't affect the booking of FPs because the phantoms are linked to the entitlements and not being linked to the plastic ticket shouldn't matter. The phantoms will have to enter the Party by using a MB, though.

The only other thing is that Disney may have tweaked this and are not allowing FPs to be booked with party tickets.
*ETA: I see this isn't the case because Hatbox has booked FPs with his Party tickets.

I believe you have tried everything "umbrella-wise" that's in the SDFP thread. Tagging @ScrapYap because she may have more info as to what to check to "umbrella" the phantoms into your booking window.

I called MDE help yesterday just to have them look at my two accounts and make sure everything was kosher. I only saw my party tickets under my yahoo account, but the CM said she saw them under the gmail account. She briefly linked the accounts to move the tickets and then unlinked the accounts. I was really worried about this but everything (ADRs, FPs, resorts reservations...etc) seemed to still be on the right account.

I called MDE help yesterday just to have them look at my two accounts and make sure everything was kosher. I only saw my party tickets under my yahoo account, but the CM said she saw them under the gmail account. She briefly linked the accounts to move the tickets and then unlinked the accounts. I was really worried about this but everything (ADRs, FPs, resorts reservations...etc) seemed to still be on the right account.
Hatbox - where are your actual physical, plastic tickets - directly linked to each phantom as well as the "entitlement?" I can't figure out why it won't allow FP booking for @beesly and the previous Posters.

I didn't get physical tickets. Confirmation only, which auto-linked into MDE. I have magicbands already linked to this account. I will have magicbands in that account. I am using a throwaway room to book at 60.

I didn't get physical tickets. Confirmation only, which auto-linked into MDE. I have magicbands already linked to this account. I will have magicbands in that account. I am using a throwaway room to book at 60.
Thanks, Hatbox. Any insight for @beesly and @Avery's mom?

Did your entitlements auto-link without you inputting an additional step as to choosing exactly where they linked?

SO NOW I'm confused. The DVC CM told me just today that my MVMCP tickets will NOT allow ANY Fast Pass bookings
DURING the 7 pm to 12 midnight hours. She also told me that I would ALSO NOT be allowed to book any Fast Passes during the 4-7 pm early before-Party officially starts, UNLESS we buy another Park Day ticket!!

SO NOW I'm confused. The DVC CM told me just today that my MVMCP tickets will NOT allow ANY Fast Pass bookings
DURING the 7 pm to 12 midnight hours. She also told me that I would ALSO NOT be allowed to book any Fast Passes during the 4-7 pm early before-Party officially starts, UNLESS we buy another Park Day ticket!!
That info is incorrect. The Party Ticket does open booking for the complete Party day except that you should use it to book between 3:30-6:30.

@HatboxHaint has successfully booked FPs using his Party tickets and so have many others this year and the previous years that FP booking has been available.

Okay, here's what I'm seeing. The 60 day "umbrella" function isn't working for phantoms with just a party ticket. The phantom (who only has a party ticket and no other ticket) has to be listed on the resort reservation in order to pre-book 60 days out for that phantom.

At the same time, the "party line" on this is changing. Officially, you can't prebook FP on a party night with only a party ticket because FP aren't given out during the party. And there's even a murmuring about the possibility of tightening up the soft arrival time of 4:00 PM. Officially, the party doesn't start until 7. But it's going to take some major re-education to prepare party guests to stop coming at 4 PM. So while unofficially, party guests can't prebook FP (kiosks only) - unofficially, it does still work. But oddly enough, the 60 day umbrella function does not work with party tickets. This might be a glitch that poofs away - and you'll find next week that you suddenly can umbrella party phantoms! It's worth trying again. Maybe switching browsers.

We'll see how the system is behaving when the 30 day mark arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter