Passanger Med-Evaced off Dream

I hope he’s ok. That was one of the things I wondered when I was on board is where they could land a helicopter in an emergency, looks like they hoisted him.

That sounds like a life and death emergency. Praying that he is ok.

This happens pretty regularly....coast guard is very adept at hoisting passengers off the cruise ships. We have been on several cruises where a passenger had to be airlifted. It is really something to watch. Hope the passenger is OK.

MJ

On our first cruise a passenger collapsed and stopped breathing in the theatre. The response from the crew was quick. A few doctors and nurses jumped right in to start cpr on him. They ended up stopping in the Bahamas in the middle of the night to get him medical care.

Of the eight DCL cruises we have been on, two involved medical emergencies...both while in port...and they didn't include us. We were late leaving and were told about them by CMs later. We also were delayed for 45 minutes by a late DCL excursion bus (flat tire) in Acapulco during our EBPC in 2008...they will wait for their own excursions and take medical situations very seriously.

This happens pretty regularly....coast guard is very adept at hoisting passengers off the cruise ships. We have been on several cruises where a passenger had to be airlifted. It is really something to watch. Hope the passenger is OK.

MJ
Exactly. A ship like the Dream has over 5,000 passengers and crew on board. A small city. I suspect a big mix of kids and seniors, both who might be more prone to health issues.

We were pixie dusted into 12000 a couple years ago. We happened to be in the room when they hoisted someone off the ship. I'll try to post a video or pics of it later. It was AMAZING to watch them keep up with the ship as it continued moving. They basically closed Vibe and told us to stay off our balcony.

Exactly. A ship like the Dream has over 5,000 passengers and crew on board. A small city. I suspect a big mix of kids and seniors, both who might be more prone to health issues.

We were on the Fantasy in 2012 in Cabin 8006 which is the front port corner cabin that has a porthole looking out over the teen club. This is where they hoist the medical evacuees. Watched the whole thing from the porthole. Amazing seeing the helicopter position overhead and drop the hoist with a crewman to the deck and then pack up the passenger and hoist them up into the helicopter.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter