• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passenger counts this week?

This is not scientific but I’ve been following posts for weeks and it seems like 5-7% is the average.

On the 2/11 Dream cruise, the restaurant manager (Witt) told us that they were expecting 1500 people, but that probably 1300 people would make it after considering weather, Covid tests, and other last-minute cancellations. So, I think that not too many people fail the test.

I dont know what to say about masks and testing. How effective is it controlling outbreaks? What I'm most afraid of for our July 18 cruise is that we might show "upper respiratory symptoms" cough etc and be quarantined for some or any of the cruise. It would literally kill me to be locked in a stateroom for even one day after paying more for this cruise than we did for a weeks package stay at a deluxe WDW resort in 2020. We were most concerned, like everyone else, about port testing but if they reduce the chances of catching a Covid case before sailing what does that mean for the other passengers who might be affected.
The reality of cruising today I am afraid. I would remind folks that the risk of quarantine has been around for 20 years, that has been the standard protocol for norovirus on cruise ships. Same with the protocol of having staff serve food at the buffets, happened on our cruise on the Magic due to norovirus concerns. And I don't think they gave refunds for norovirus like they do with covid.

With increasing passenger load, that means they will eventually have to change some policies, like Rainforest Room and leaving empty seats in the theaters.

I was on the Dream with 2200 passengers last weekend and it felt like about the max they could have without starting to change some things. We got to the 8:30 show the first night at 8:15 and could not get a seat for just 2 people. It was frustrating but we were able to see it the 3rd night. And the pools had a line mist of the time, but usually just had to wait for one rotation of people. 30-60 min wait for aquaduck (but maybe that’s normal since there weren’t really restrictions other than spacing the line). Also it seemed almost all tables at dinner were full during first seating

I was on the Dream with 2200 passengers last weekend and it felt like about the max they could have without starting to change some things. We got to the 8:30 show the first night at 8:15 and could not get a seat for just 2 people. It was frustrating but we were able to see it the 3rd night. And the pools had a line mist of the time, but usually just had to wait for one rotation of people. 30-60 min wait for aquaduck (but maybe that’s normal since there weren’t really restrictions other than spacing the line). Also it seemed almost all tables at dinner were full during first seating

On the 2/7 Dream sailing, the wait time for Aquaduck was about 10-15 minutes. The line is slower than usual because they wipe down the raft with a disinfectant after every run. I guess I don't know if they did that before Covid, though.

Just off the 2/19 Magic, we asked a few different people and got numbers between 1300-1500. The 1500 was the expected capacity but expect it to be lower after the Covid testing at the port.

Just off the 2/19 Magic, we asked a few different people and got numbers between 1300-1500. The 1500 was the expected capacity but expect it to be lower after the Covid testing at the port.
I also got a difference of about 300 people back in January from the Fantasy. Wondering if some give the original numbers they were given and some give the final numbers after testing cut back the guests.

I also got a difference of about 300 people back in January from the Fantasy. Wondering if some give the original numbers they were given and some give the final numbers after testing cut back the guests.

Probably. When I did back-to-back cruises on the Dream earlier this month, the head server gave us two numbers for the upcoming second cruise: 1500 and 1300. He said that 1500 people had reservations, but that they expected about 1300 people to actually make it after flight cancelations, testing failures, and other last-minute changes.

I just spoke to my TA-there is 2240 scheduled for our March 7 Dream cruise-that is the highest number I've read about in a while.

Just off the Magic. Our waiter told us they’ve been running at about 50% and will continue to do so until April 2nd voyage, at which time they are anticipating going back to near 100% capacity. As mentioned, our cruise director reported 1,333 on the Feb 24-28 sailing.

Just off the Magic. Our waiter told us they’ve been running at about 50% and will continue to do so until April 2nd voyage, at which time they are anticipating going back to near 100% capacity. As mentioned, our cruise director reported 1,333 on the Feb 24-28 sailing.
How do they expect to get back to 100% percent capacity with all the restrictions? It’s not like the cruises before that are showing sold out. The are all discounted. They wont get back to 100% until they drop all the Covid “nonsense” or cut their prices 60%.

How do they expect to get back to 100% percent capacity with all the restrictions? It’s not like the cruises before that are showing sold out. The are all discounted. They wont get back to 100% until they drop all the Covid “nonsense” or cut their prices 60%.

Maybe they plan to lift all of the restrictions before then?

They can be allowing 100% come April 2nd, but that mean they will get near that in guests, right now they aren't allowing 100% period. But for the most part it hasn't seemed like they have had to figure away out to get guests to cancel to stay under whatever there allowed capacity is.

I agree till restrictions are removed, especially the under 12 vaccine mandate , and all things are back to normal operations people won't be cruising, its just too much money.

But I would bet they are planning/hoping to be normal by Wish sailings, since that will look terrible to have to launch the a brand ship with thing scaled back and possibly having to find ways to get people off the sailing if they aren't back to 100%. Look at the star cruiser right now and its previews having fully normal meet and greets and everything, will be interesting to see if that happens when the regular guests go soon.

I don't know what the numbers are this week other than -2. My wife and I were supposed to be on the Fantasy right now on the back end of a WDW-Disney cruise and arriving at St. Marteen this morning. But with all the still in place hoops to jump through, protocols, procedures, restrictions, half-baked experiences, and the risk of traveling 1100 miles and failing a covid test after having been vaxed, positive for covid, and now boosted is not worth the chance for me. I for one can't wait for 100% capacity and a ship full of faces where I can see smiles instead of logos on a mask and where I can sit back in the theatre enjoy my soda and eat a bag of popcorn. In the words of John Lennon, "You may say I'm just a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I don't know what the numbers are this week other than -2. My wife and I were supposed to be on the Fantasy right now on the back end of a WDW-Disney cruise and arriving at St. Marteen this morning. But with all the still in place hoops to jump through, protocols, procedures, restrictions, half-baked experiences, and the risk of traveling 1100 miles and failing a covid test after having been vaxed, positive for covid, and now boosted is not worth the chance for me. I for one can't wait for 100% capacity and a ship full of faces where I can see smiles instead of logos on a mask and where I can sit back in the theatre enjoy my soda and eat a bag of popcorn. In the words of John Lennon, "You may say I'm just a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

You can have this experience just not on DCL. I am 100% agreeing with you though. We are booked on a 4 night so if it all goes poorly we will just do something else. If it wasn't for the quarantine risk we would be on a Celebrity ship right now.

I am so with you, I would 100% sail tomorrow if everything was fully normal with no restrictions, and there are a lot out there that would also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter