Passenger counts this week?

We are on the transatlantic in may. The last time I checked concierge still had cabins available which is very unusual as well as all the other classes of cabins so I’m guessing it won’t be that full. We are very much looking forward to it. My only concern is hoping Disney has plans to get us access to tests so we can fly home from Barcelona and I don’t have to search down a testing place there.

Any word on increased capacity since the new testing? Hopefully we hear something from folks currently on the Fantasy.

Any word on increased capacity since the new testing? Hopefully we hear something from folks currently on the Fantasy.
Last I heard was that they are at 60% and expect to increase to 75% by summer

Last I heard was that they are at 60% and expect to increase to 75% by summer

we were on the fantasy the end of February-first week of March and our total was reported at 2060. Now that the port test has changed, and some rules loosening up since then, I’m watching to see if the numbers go up. We are back on the Fantasy in 3 weeks (April 23rd)

Someone posted they had 2200 on their dream last week. I don't see much higher than that regularly happening till certain mandates drop.

Wonder if they’re increasing their capacity limits?
We are booked for September (Fantasy) and I just read their updates on the website, what ARE the current capacity limits?? I can't seem to find any specifics.

We are booked for September (Fantasy) and I just read their updates on the website, what ARE the current capacity limits?? I can't seem to find any specifics.
DCL has not officially stated any specific capacity limits since the restart. Based on recent onboard passenger counts, they seem to be running somewhere around 65%. However, since pretty much all cruises are still available to book, it doesn't seem that is a "limit" as much as just the number of folks willing to cruise right now.

DCL has not officially stated any specific capacity limits since the restart. Based on recent onboard passenger counts, they seem to be running somewhere around 65%. However, since pretty much all cruises are still available to book, it doesn't seem that is a "limit" as much as just the number of folks willing to cruise right now.
Correct. However, crew on the ships have been telling guests about capacity unofficially, and we know that at least one Dream class ship around Christmas was supposed to have 3,000 before Omicron hit and caused a bunch of cancellations/guests denied boarding, so that suggests they have been at 75% for some time at least. Pete Werner mentioned on the DCL show a few days ago that while he was on a cruise on the Dream the crew said the Dream would be going up to full capacity this month. All unofficial of course but thus far the cr w info usually seems to be fairly reliable.

It will be interesting to see what capacities are like the weeks of April 12th and 19th when school kids are on their Easter break and families go on vacations.

It will be interesting to see what capacities are like the weeks of April 12th and 19th when school kids are on their Easter break and families go on vacations.
We are on the Magic on April 11-16 and I’ll definitely report on numbers when I am back. There are a lot of rooms that appear to be unsold on the website but I do know that people with GT have not yet been assigned their rooms so it wouldn’t surprise me if it is more fully booked than what appears online.

We are sailing on the Wonder on 4/13 and I have been watching how many available rooms have been listed for a few weeks now. It seems like a bulk of us that had gty rooms were assigned our rooms yesterday. People were assigned rooms on deck 2- is that not designated for quarantine anymore? I counted 145 available rooms last week and after the assignments there are no inside or Oceanview available anymore and about 45 verandas that show available. I'm curious to see how many guests end up sailing.

It’s been spring break season since mid March. Many many schools have already had spring break. It’s a 4-5 week span of time .

It’s been spring break season since mid March. Many many schools have already had spring break. It’s a 4-5 week span of time .
Yes, I know some schools do break early. But traditionally "Spring Break" is the week before or after Easter, which is why peak rates are in place for many vacation options.

Yes, I know some schools do break early. But traditionally "Spring Break" is the week before or after Easter, which is why peak rates are in place for many vacation options.

Eh the whole mid march to mid April everything is high price and slammed busy, Wouldn't really say traditionally its around easter anymore. I have lived in NY, PA, OH and FL and spring break was never tied to Easter, sometimes landed near it based on when easter was. This year for some reason more of Florida than normal all had the same week ( normally tends to be back to back weeks).

Thanks so much for clarifying this. On the "updates" on DCL's site it appeared as if it was a part of a mitigation strategy - however, it seems there is a lot of flexibility on their part, and as a passenger preparing for your cruise you wouldn't necessarily know ahead of time when this part of mitigation is no longer part of the program, is that right?

Following this I have one more question - I've found the CDC color - coding for all the ships - today the Wonder is "orange", Dream is "yellow" and the others are "green" - from my understanding - for the passengers there are no noticeable consequences unless a ship slips into "red" - is that correct? Or are people, for example, onboard the Wonder right now experiencing any mid-cruise changes due to "orange"? TIA!

Thanks so much for clarifying this. On the "updates" on DCL's site it appeared as if it was a part of a mitigation strategy - however, it seems there is a lot of flexibility on their part, and as a passenger preparing for your cruise you wouldn't necessarily know ahead of time when this part of mitigation is no longer part of the program, is that right?

Following this I have one more question - I've found the CDC color - coding for all the ships - today the Wonder is "orange", Dream is "yellow" and the others are "green" - from my understanding - for the passengers there are no noticeable consequences unless a ship slips into "red" - is that correct? Or are people, for example, onboard the Wonder right now experiencing any mid-cruise changes due to "orange"? TIA!
I just got off the Wonder. It moved to orange right before our cruise started and has been that way since then. I was concerned but there were no noticeable changes onboard. It was my first cruise but everything seemed normal and no signs of COVID. Masks only required in theaters and then to get off at port.

On the "updates" on DCL's site it appeared as if it was a part of a mitigation strategy - however, it seems there is a lot of flexibility on their part, and as a passenger preparing for your cruise you wouldn't necessarily know ahead of time when this part of mitigation is no longer part of the program, is that right?
I'm sure it was part of the mitigation strategy when cruising first resumed, but DCL never announced what limits may have been in place then or since. Until very recently deck 2 was blocked on all ships, so there was some degree of limitation - and there may still be. However, a lot of people see the passenger counts and think DCL is keeping that count low, but since pretty much all cruises have been available to book up until 3 days prior to departure I would say any "limit" DCL may have imposed was well above the number actually cruising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter