Passholder hard ticket event... In need of some help... Please

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
My friend has bought 12 AP tickets to the Halloween party... They are AP holders and bought for them whole family, now they are not going to be able to use them for the dates that they bought them for due a family wedding that she forgot about...

She called Disney to see if she could change the date or get a refund ...Disney was like sorry no refunds or date changes.... so she owns those tickets

So she was asking me if I want to buy 5 from her... I tried explaining to her that I am pretty dang sure that once you buy them, that they are yours... that they are not transferable.... right? plus my DD, DSiL and Sweet DGS are not passholders... DH and I are....

She is so desperate to get rid of them, it was like 1000.00 bucks for those 12 tickets...

I checked with DD and the date will not work for us... So that gets me off the hook...

Any suggestions - that could maybe help her out...

I believe they are non transferable. Like the poster said above, her best bet would be attempting to use the tickets on another day.

Have her try callign again, and say - i know that they say they are non-refundable, i understand, and this was all my fault, but is there anyway that if I can't get a refund, could I change dates on the tickets?

We had an issue with my husband and the Army - we had h20glow tickets for the 4th of July and orders came up and they were super nice about it when i approached it like above (granted, i DID ask for a refund and I did get it)

Hope that something ends up working out for her!

Thanks for all the suggestions... I did tell her to call back, or then I had a thought and suggested that she just head over to Disney Springs to guest services and see what they can do to help her out... She is going over there some time this week...

Really she just wants to change the date... So hopefully they will help her.... maybe face to face will work out better than on the phone...

So I know others have said it but have her call again-they should let her change the date-she may have to pay a difference in price if new date is higher. Two years ago I was going with a friend and my daughter. My daughter cut her glass (at home not at Disney we live nearby) on her foot. She couldn't go. It was the last MNSSHP. I went to GR and was able to switch it to a MVMCP.

I recently called and was able to change the date of my MVMCP tickets without a problem. (My tickets were also purchased with an AP discount.) She even offered (without my asking) to refund the difference in the price, as the night I changed it to was a little less expensive.

So I know others have said it but have her call again-they should let her change the date-she may have to pay a difference in price if new date is higher. Two years ago I was going with a friend and my daughter. My daughter cut her glass (at home not at Disney we live nearby) on her foot. She couldn't go. It was the last MNSSHP. I went to GR and was able to switch it to a MVMCP.

What is GR?

My friend has bought 12 AP tickets to the Halloween party... They are AP holders and bought for them whole family, now they are not going to be able to use them for the dates that they bought them for due a family wedding that she forgot about...

She called Disney to see if she could change the date or get a refund ...Disney was like sorry no refunds or date changes.... so she owns those tickets

So she was asking me if I want to buy 5 from her... I tried explaining to her that I am pretty dang sure that once you buy them, that they are yours... that they are not transferable.... right? plus my DD, DSiL and Sweet DGS are not passholders... DH and I are....

She is so desperate to get rid of them, it was like 1000.00 bucks for those 12 tickets...

I checked with DD and the date will not work for us... So that gets me off the hook...

Any suggestions - that could maybe help her out...
I purchased 2 tickets for the Halloween party for 9/17. Then Disney released dates for the After Hours vents for September. I called and was allowed to change my tickets from 9/17 to 9/22. Maybe she should call again.

Also, although the tickets say non-transferable, in my experience you can in fact transfer them through MDE to anyone you are Friends and Family with.

I purchased 2 tickets for the Halloween party for 9/17. Then Disney released dates for the After Hours vents for September. I called and was allowed to change my tickets from 9/17 to 9/22. Maybe she should call again.

She is going in person to Guest service at Disney Springs... with 12 tickets which is kinda alot, I am hoping that they will be able to fix them for her...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter