• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passholder Only..

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
Well I have to say I love the passholder only entrance. Especially if your getting at the parks before noonish. Now what I also think would be great is a Passholder Only Lane or 2 for Parking. Has anyone heard if that has even been discussed?

Well I have to say I love the passholder only entrance. Especially if your getting at the parks before noonish. Now what I also think would be great is a Passholder Only Lane or 2 for Parking. Has anyone heard if that has even been discussed?
First I'll add that the passholder entrance is not always faster.

I have not heard of anything regarding any additional AP exclusives.

First I'll add that the passholder entrance is not always faster.

I have not heard of anything regarding any additional AP exclusives.

k, Well it has worked real well for us mid morning. After lunch not much of a line at any of them.

We have a group of 6 but only 5 have AP. I assume the non-AP person must enter at the regular tapstile?

We have a group of 6 but only 5 have AP. I assume the non-AP person must enter at the regular tapstile?

depends. If it's first thing in the morning, they'll actually check your band before you get in the line. If it's later in the day then they don't say much

once they have the fly over so resort guests dont' muck up the traffic being too far left I think we'll see things improve (at least at mk). HS they can't even get the buses their own lanes so I can't see passholder happening anytime soon.

I honestly don't see the need for anymore...

The only reason they are doing the pass holder perks in the first place is it appears they overshot the price and the numbers must have dropped heavily 2015-2016...there is no other viable reason.

The AP line saved us so much time on our trip two weeks ago! We didn't have to wait in line once and the non passholder lines were fairly long.

My 2 year old is quite skilled at helping me scan my magic band for entrances (even knows fingerprint comes next). He likes to pretend to scan his wrist for fp+ and I make the chime sound for him. It's freaking adorable :earboy2:

While we found the AP entrances to be mildly beneficial last week, we did spot a couple of kinks in the process. These kinks would also apply to parking lanes. For starters the term "Passholder" is not well understood by guests in general. When at the gate at HS before opening, the CMs weren't verifying that the people in the Passholder queue were actually AP holders. We were at the end of the queue just outside of the rope "box" they set up for the queue. No CMs were checking to make sure that people in line had APs. As we waited, a steady stream of people and groups would start to queue up behind us because it was a shorter line than the rest. Someone would see the sign up ahead and say something to the effect of "What's a Passholder?" I'd then volunteer that the line was for AP holders, and they'd respond "Oh..." and then move over to a regular line. Rinse, repeat.

If you have a CM at the end of the line playing traffic cop, then everything works fine, but the term "Passholder" is ambiguous to a degree. What kind of "Pass" it refers to seems open to interpretation. Is it an on-site perk for park passes associated with a room/park package? It for pre-purchased tickets... or what?

Now apply that confusion to people trying to sort out what parking booth to line up for!

While we found the AP entrances to be mildly beneficial last week, we did spot a couple of kinks in the process. These kinks would also apply to parking lanes. For starters the term "Passholder" is not well understood by guests in general. When at the gate at HS before opening, the CMs weren't verifying that the people in the Passholder queue were actually AP holders. We were at the end of the queue just outside of the rope "box" they set up for the queue. No CMs were checking to make sure that people in line had APs. As we waited, a steady stream of people and groups would start to queue up behind us because it was a shorter line than the rest. Someone would see the sign up ahead and say something to the effect of "What's a Passholder?" I'd then volunteer that the line was for AP holders, and they'd respond "Oh..." and then move over to a regular line. Rinse, repeat.

If you have a CM at the end of the line playing traffic cop, then everything works fine, but the term "Passholder" is ambiguous to a degree. What kind of "Pass" it refers to seems open to interpretation. Is it an on-site perk for park passes associated with a room/park package? It for pre-purchased tickets... or what?

Now apply that confusion to people trying to sort out what parking booth to line up for!

Yes, much easier to get a person on two feet into a different line than a car. It would be a nightmare because of the ambiguity and that people are dumb/don't care and would get in the line regardless.

I've loved the AP line since they've implemented it. Have used it at every park and every single time we've used it it's been faster and has had less people in it vs regular lines

Using it at Epcot one morning even got us in the park with the ADR guests an hour early

I love the passholder lines too. Even when they were longer for us then the regular lines I felt they went faster. Sortof like TSA Precheck. For the most part people in those lines have an idea what to do when they get to the front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter