Passing on Genie + altogether?

We used it and ILL in November (just DH and I) but when we go over Spring Break and again over Easter with DD8 we will only get it for MK. We will probably buy ILL for Rise once, maybe Remy once, maybe 7D or Space for per kid request. We found the ILL more worth it since you have a bit more control over times, you aren’t having to check the phone all the time, and just one can save you 1 1/2-2 hrs. Lock it in and be done for the day. After watching the last week, it seems like Genie is less helpful on crowded days which seems counterintuitive.

Saw comment that Genie+ is only good for morning people..I think the opposite. I found we ended up have a stockpile of LL’s for the evening because it was the only times we could get. (Getting one every 2 hours)
Only used for MK & DHS. Did Standby at EP & AK. (ILL’s - FOP, Frozen, MMRR)

Saw comment that Genie+ is only good for morning people..I think the opposite. I found we ended up have a stockpile of LL’s for the evening because it was the only times we could get. (Getting one every 2 hours)
Only used for MK & DHS. Did Standby at EP & AK. (ILL’s - FOP, Frozen, MMRR)

Thats highly dependent on crowds. Last week and part of the week before(which was admittedly very crowded) there was nothing in the evening available for major rides after 10-11am.

We completely skipped using it earlier this month. We did use ILL a few times, which I swore I would never do! But for this trip, there were only two of us, so the expense didn’t feel that extravagant. However, there has been a recent change in which rides now have ILL.
On our next trip, we’ll be a bigger group & have young children with us, so we may just chuck it all & go to Universal!
As everyone has said, definitely use early entry. We were able to get 2-3 headliners in before things got crazy & then would just ride rides with low(er) wait times. And we also park hopped every day. Animal Kingdom had many short lines when we arrived in the afternoon.

I'm glad there are those who don't like genie+. We always try to get there a t opening or shortly thereafter
Still a little stressed though.

Still not going to pay for either G+ or ILL.

Rope drop and winging it work well enough for us.

As ever, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter