• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passing the Fantasy at sea

stkgator

Mouseketeer
Sunday morning, Feb 6th, 20220206_090453~2.jpg I look out the balcony on the Dream and what do I see passing off our starboard side - the Fantasy! It was just after 9 am on our Sea-Day heading north near Freeport. It had already passed us when I noticed it - not sure if there was a public announcement or if each ship sounded their horns as they passed.

Last edited:
Several years ago, we were on CC at Serenity as the Fantasy passed by the island. I have this photo somewhere!

Looks like the Magic to me. Either way it’s always cool to see a sister ship. We just got off the 1/29 Fantasy and passed the Dream the last night a couple hours outside of Canaveral.

In November while at Castaway Cay while sailing on Fantasy, here is a Dream off shore. It wound up coming almost all the way in.

Last week on Magic we left Castaway Cay on Tuesday, had a sea day then back to Castaway Cay on Thursday, Dream was scheduled to be there on Wednesday. Around 11:30 that night I was getting a drink on Deck 9 and saw Dream off the port side.

With all the stops the 3 ships are doing at Castaway Cay and Nassau, easy to see why you'd be able to see another ship while sailing.645742

Looks like the Magic to me. Either way it’s always cool to see a sister ship. We just got off the 1/29 Fantasy and passed the Dream the last night a couple hours outside of Canaveral.

You are correct, it is the Magic. I just assumed it was the Fantasy as we were headed north and I assumed that Magic would not be that far north of CC and traveling due-south to the east of our track. It was the closest I have seen another cruise ship on the open sea - so it appears that the passing was planned.

We passed the Fantasy on our September cruise and then the Magic in January both from the Dream

Attachments

• 4FEFF434-D9A3-426A-B3A7-3F749A8ACDEF.jpeg
    4FEFF434-D9A3-426A-B3A7-3F749A8ACDEF.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20C7893A-1375-4AD1-865A-2828F02E7F2C.jpeg
    20C7893A-1375-4AD1-865A-2828F02E7F2C.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 645744

You are correct, it is the Magic. I just assumed it was the Fantasy as we were headed north and I assumed that Magic would not be that far north of CC and traveling due-south to the east of our track. It was the closest I have seen another cruise ship on the open sea - so it appears that the passing was planned.

We were on the Magic for the Jan 22nd cruise and on our sea day I saw another DCL ship, Fantasy maybe? I was excited!

MJ

We were on the Magic for the Jan 22nd cruise and on our sea day I saw another DCL ship, Fantasy maybe? I was excited!

That may have been us on the Dream. :wave:
I remember passing another DCL ship on our sea day. A crew member told me which ship it was at the moment but I've since forgotten.

That may have been us on the Dream. :wave:
I remember passing another DCL ship on our sea day. A crew member told me which ship it was at the moment but I've since forgotten.

Could be! Our sea day would have been Sunday Jan 23. It was too far off for me to tell:sail:

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter