Passport for child

Twice. I sent a request on May 5th and then another one on June 6th. NO RESPONSE. And I've tried dialing about 150 times, cannot get through by phone yet either.

Good to know. I submitted a request today, but I thought it was a bit utopic to expect a response in 3 working days... At least I won't get my hopes up.

I finally got through to the call centre, just by chance, at about 11 AM, a couple of days ago. I was only on hold for about 20 minutes (even though I was told there were 244 people in front of me!). The person I spoke to said to wait until the very beginning of July, and if the passports haven't arrived by then (I mailed the applications the end of April), then I am supposed to call them back and request that the applications they be moved to the local office for urgent service, and we should be able to get them in 10 days. Our flights are July 25th.

Have you tried requesting the status of your child's application on the website?

No but wait...it's 9 weeks PLUS mailing time lol So I guess mailing time is what....another 4 weeks????? UGH

Twice. I sent a request on May 5th and then another one on June 6th. NO RESPONSE. And I've tried dialing about 150 times, cannot get through by phone yet either.

I finally got through to the call centre, just by chance, at about 11 AM, a couple of days ago. I was only on hold for about 20 minutes (even though I was told there were 244 people in front of me!). The person I spoke to said to wait until the very beginning of July, and if the passports haven't arrived by then (I mailed the applications the end of April), then I am supposed to call them back and request that the applications they be moved to the local office for urgent service, and we should be able to get them in 10 days. Our flights are July 25th.
So we have started a search with out local MP,,,they should be back to us next week with status,,,we will wait and see

So we have started a search with out local MP,,,they should be back to us next week with status,,,we will wait and see
I will be very interested to hear what they find out for you. This could very well be the route I take as well, soon......

It took me 15 weeks to get my 20yr old daughter‘s passport (submitted via mail to Gatineau) . it is possible to get through the phone lines, don’t give up. If you are within 10 days of travel, it is really important to call and ask for a file transfer. Within 24hours of that request, someone from your local passport office will call you and ask why you need your passport and ask you to fax in the details/proof of travel. We were charged $20 for the transfer. Told to pick up the day before our car/land border crossing trip. Separate pick up line at the passport office, so rather than waiting hours, it was about 45 min at the office to get it. Unfortunately we did not get the birth certificate back and were told it could be at least a month before they mail it back to us.

This is why we canceled our cruise - I am crossing all of my fingers and toes for you. Have you contacted your MP’s office?

This is why we canceled our cruise - I am crossing all of my fingers and toes for you. Have you contacted your MP’s office?
We are cruising out of Vancouver at the end of July and since it's a roundtrip cruise we are able to use her birth certificate as the sea border is treated like the land border. Would feel much better if I had her passport though...I have the info for our MP and will contact him if the passport doesn't come by the end of June.

So I actually got through on the phone to Passport Canada today! Started dialing at 8:29am (pacific) and I got through to go on hold at 8:36. 169 people ahead of me and I was on hold for about 40 minutes so that is not bad. Very pleasant guy I spoke with. Though not a LOT of info unfortunately. He said the file looked good on his side, everything was accepted and the passport should be sent to the printer in the coming days. We changed the travel date from July 25th (the day we actually get ON the ship) to the Friday before (July 22nd) just to give me even more time but he was very optimistic I will get it well before that date. He's forwarded my info to a local office and I should expect a call within the next week with more exact info. Sigh. Not exactly the news I was hoping for but at least the darn file isn't lost in the office or lost in the mail.

So less than 30days out from flight,,,no passport yet,,no call from MP office,,,getting my camping chair ready for next wed,,,ugg

:idea:I know we will hold a DIS Meet in the parking lot with you ,,,lol.
I am so sorry this added stress is happening to you. I know you and your family really need some good time together.
Fingers crossed for you.
Hugs Mel🤗

:idea:I know we will hold a DIS Meet in the parking lot with you ,,,lol.
I am so sorry this added stress is happening to you. I know you and your family really need some good time together.
Fingers crossed for you.
Hugs Mel🤗
|Thanks,,,no stress for me yet,,wife cant say the same,,,if no passport the week before,,,then I will stress...lol

ughhh this thread is making me feel sick...I have all of our paperwork filled out, have an appointment to take it to Service Canada June 29th (booked it June 3rd and that was earliest availability) our trip is mid January so theoretically plenty of time but I'm having a stroke over this

ughhh this thread is making me feel sick...I have all of our paperwork filled out, have an appointment to take it to Service Canada June 29th (booked it June 3rd and that was earliest availability) our trip is mid January so theoretically plenty of time but I'm having a stroke over this
I'm sorry to say your stress is warranted. Tomorrow marks 12 weeks waiting for the passport for my DD13....went in person to Service Canada on March 29....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter