Passports for kids to cross the U.S. Border

c&m

Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me t
Does anyone know if it is necessary for kids to have their own passports these days?

My DH and I have our two DDs (ages 3 and 6) on our passports. Is that enough or would it be necessary to get the kids their own passports? Also, if the kids get their own passports, would my DH and I have to get new passports that would exclude the kids names in them?

Thanks in advance!

We cross the border all the time and have never had passports for the kids. A birth certificate will work just fine.

allison

They aren't necessary, but it's never a bad idea. We got them for our kids (then 12 & 10) in the fallout from 9/11 when we drove to WDW this past Christmas. If you have the kids on your passports I wouldn't change it, but the rules have been changed and that option no longer exists. When your current passports expire you may want to look at getting ones for your kids as well.

Of course, passports aren't required for any Canadian to visit the US, but there's a big difference between what's required and what's prudent these days.

- Mike

Just an FYI

Just say a post on the board that states that DCL
wants everyone outside the US to have own passports, including kids. Exception is if you have your child(ren) on prior to December 2001.

I would definately check into this.

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter