passports

JANNYANS

DIS Veteran
I have Canadian guests going into my vacation home in February.They have been told they do not need their passports only Canadian citizenship, birth certificate and photo ID is required when crossing the border.They are unsure about this .Can anyone please tell me the correct information for them?
Many thanks

Are you talking about the US border? Birth certificates are accepted, but the passports will make things go a lot more smoothly. This has been my experience. If you're going outside of North America, then you'll definetly need a passport.

into the US these days a passport is certainly the simplest and fastest way to go. They will accept a combination of proper photo id and a birth certificate without problem. I'm afraid the days of heading over the border with just a driver's licence are over. We live quite near the border and go over frequently and haven't had any problem with the id mentioned above.
Hope they have fun!
Lydia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter