Past attractions we miss at WDW

RexFromEndor

LIGHTSPEED TO ENDOR!
For me, it's Alien Encounter. I was 1 when it closed, but I saw it on YouTube when I was 12/13 and I really, really wish I'd went on it. Seriously. My favorite part is S.I.R., because I have a crush on him (listen to that VOICE.) As someone described him in 2005, "I have to admit, I will always miss S.I.R. with Tim Curry providing the "dripping-with-arrogance" voice (I can still hear him saying "Bon Voyage!" in an almost condescending tone)" And it's not just him, either; I have always had crushes on evil male robots ever since reading Metal Sonic x Amy fanfics when I was 7. (So you can guess what my reaction to Grid was in Six Flags New England's Cyborg Hyper Drive ride. Sadly, SFNE didn't have the volume turned up, and they're not open right now; even then, S.I.R. is better because Grid doesn't win in the ride.) Why they didn't keep S.I.R. in the Stitch retheme and turn him into a deadpan snarker, only sane man and less sadistic is beyond me. I hate 90210. He has the most annoying voice in the history of WDW. In fact, I made this:

Another favorite of mine is Body Wars, despite me again never having went on it (I was 4 going on 5 when it closed.) I love to see what goes on inside of a person, so I liked that one. They should have gotten the Marvel license back and made a revival of it where Ant-Man and The Wasp go inside The Falcon. (As I only like the insides of certain people.)

I also like the 1971 Snow White ride because of how balls-to-the-wall insane it was, ESPECIALLY the starburst scene at the end. The ride used to move faster and go around sharp twists and turns; they slowed that down for the 1994 ride. Did you know it was going to be a Sleeping Beauty ride, but they decided to copy Disneyland's rides and made it the chaotic evil Snow White nightmare it eventually opened as?

Surprisingly, I don't hold the original Imagination in high regards; I've never cared for Figment as much as I do S.I.R.

What were your favorite past rides?

When I was young, i really enjoyed Mission to Mars and for completely illogical reasons, If You Had Wings. Probably liked that one because I have horrible taste in music

I seriously LOVED if you had wings. But then I watched a ride-through video recently (kudos to whoever lugged a VHS camcorder around the park). And I must say I’m not quite sure why I did. Too funny looking back on it.

For me, my first thought of an old attraction was the old version of Test Track. I enjoyed the campy silliness. The new techno-neon-serious version just doesn’t do it for me. I also miss Horizons. Maybe I’ll watch an old video of it and see if I remember that one correctly, too. It might just be the nostalgia.

For me, my first thought of an old attraction was the old version of Test Track. I enjoyed the campy silliness. The new techno-neon-serious version just doesn’t do it for me.

I completely agree with you! The original Test Track was a great ride. I went on World of Motion and Horizons when I was younger but I was way too young to remember it. I definitely would love to see Horizons come back just to be able to experience it based on all the descriptions and history I have since learned about the attraction.

I seriously LOVED if you had wings. But then I watched a ride-through video recently (kudos to whoever lugged a VHS camcorder around the park). And I must say I’m not quite sure why I did. Too funny looking back on it.
I feel the same. I have always had fond memories of it, but no idea why. Probably the sense of flying. Also explains why I like Soarin so much

My top 5 favorite past attractions:
20K Leagues Under the Sea
Horizons
Alien Encounter
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (thankfully can still experience this at DL)
If You Had Wings

For me, my first thought of an old attraction was the old version of Test Track. I enjoyed the campy silliness. The new techno-neon-serious version just doesn’t do it for me.
My favorite moments in the original Test Track:
Acid/Corrosive test! :scared1:

Watching the video of crash test dummies slamming into the wall and then rounding the bend and gunning it toward that wall (which moved out of the way at the very last moment!).

I really wanna make a Disney+ series about S.I.R. where Spinlok and Femus send him out to investigate Clench's disappearance, with a few other robots as backup.

The Great Movie Ride is at the top of my list.

I didn't have my first Disney experience until 2004, and sometimes I feel like I sorta missed out on a golden era of Disney attractions. But I'm glad I was able to witness the former glory of Hollywood Studios (back when it was still MGM Studios).
The Studio Backlot Tour; Lights, Motors, Action; the iconic Sorceror's Hat... that entire atmosphere is what I miss the most.

The Great Movie Ride is at the top of my list.

I didn't have my first Disney experience until 2004, and sometimes I feel like I sorta missed out on a golden era of Disney attractions. But I'm glad I was able to witness the former glory of Hollywood Studios (back when it was still MGM Studios).
The Studio Backlot Tour; Lights, Motors, Action; the iconic Sorceror's Hat... that entire atmosphere is what I miss the most.
I agree Great Movie Ride for a more recent WDW follower.

World of Motion, because Gary Owens (Space Ghost.) Replacing him with Mentok the Mind-Taker was a nice touch.

When I was young, i really enjoyed Mission to Mars and for completely illogical reasons, If You Had Wings. Probably liked that one because I have horrible taste in music
I enjoy the current attraction in IYHW's place because I have horrible taste in voices...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter