Past Parents of DCP Fall

I booked three trips now because I'm worried I won't be able to get rooms for Christmas time or Food & Wine. I'm hoping there is a chance to change rates with dd discount?

Honestly I can't imagine you having any trouble getting rooms at a discount during food and wine and some of those weeks will be downright cheap. Christmas is fine too as long as you look in advance for the discounts. You will not be changing your rooms to CM discounts, your CM will be making the reservation and then you can cancel what you have. Very easy.

Liz

Another question if DH and I were to buy tickets for the Halloween or Christmas party would we be able to buy DD a ticket as long as she was not working at the time?

Sure however there are some nights that CMs can get get discounted tickets for the parties so I would have her do the buying if it's a discount night. She can also buy your tickets. This does need to be done in advance.

Liz

Sure however there are some nights that CMs can get get discounted tickets for the parties so I would have her do the buying if it's a discount night. She can also buy your tickets. This does need to be done in advance.

Liz

Thank you

We have decided to go earlier in December before the blackout dates go into effect for tickets and dining discounts. Does anyone know if they 50%, 40%, and the 30% have restaurant blackouts...I know that there are dates that they will not work, but wonder if certain restaurants are as well. I know that someone used the 50% for Hoop Dee Doo. I was hoping to use the 50% for Cinderella Breakfast and the 40% for Be Our Guest.

It was me who got 50%off Hoop Dee Doo. It was not one of her special coupons - this was just an offer on the Hub for certain shows (later ones). We were supposed to be upstairs but ended up getting placed downstairs-so much fun! As far as the big discounts from coupon book go, there were many restrictions and restaurants that did not count. I'm pretty sure neither of those would work :(. I hope I am wrong, though! You will be so happy you are going earlier in December- still kinda crowded but discounts and MK admittance with main gate passes was awesome!

Wow Hooper Fan, My DD is in the DCP right now and hasn't figured out where to find these blackout calendars yet. She ended up calling a phone number to hear the blackout dates for our April trip. Could you possible tell me where to tell her to look to see those blackout calendars? Thank you

They have a website where you can view the blackout dates. You don't even have to be a CM to view it. They only publish the dates about 3 months out.
https://blockoutdates.disney.com/parks-florida/#Magic-Kingdom

For the restaurant discounts" 50%, 40%, and 30%....meals or locations are excluded? We are going December 12-17.

It was me who got 50%off Hoop Dee Doo. It was not one of her special coupons - this was just an offer on the Hub for certain shows (later ones). We were supposed to be upstairs but ended up getting placed downstairs-so much fun! As far as the big discounts from coupon book go, there were many restrictions and restaurants that did not count. I'm pretty sure neither of those would work :(. I hope I am wrong, though! You will be so happy you are going earlier in December- still kinda crowded but discounts and MK admittance with main gate passes was awesome!

I doubt we will get that pixie dust I also posted about the discount because DD got it for our trip. HDDR is sold out for the night we are going. It is during FD in Nov. I think we may have been about the last to book it.

For the restaurant discounts" 50%, 40%, and 30%....meals or locations are excluded? We are going December 12-17.

Your dates seem to be good. There are exclusions on which restaurants (big selection) and which meals. Since you get coupons (last year was one each) you want to really pick which ones will give you the most value. DD also had a few restaurants that were on the HUB with 40% off discounts (we ate at Grand Floridian Cafe for a late lunch before MVMCP with that).

Go to page 11 of the 2014 Holiday Booklet and it will tell you about Food & Beverage.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45773098/2014 Holiday Discount Booklet.pdf

Your dates seem to be good. There are exclusions on which restaurants (big selection) and which meals. Since you get coupons (last year was one each) you want to really pick which ones will give you the most value. DD also had a few restaurants that were on the HUB with 40% off discounts (we ate at Grand Floridian Cafe for a late lunch before MVMCP with that).

Go to page 11 of the 2014 Holiday Booklet and it will tell you about Food & Beverage.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45773098/2014 Holiday Discount Booklet.pdf

Thank you. When reading about the 1day hopper...do you only get 1---I read and it said print out for all your guests. Do you know how many guests are included?

Thanks for posting the holiday booklet! Very helpful. We are coming down in December and after taking a look at blackout dates we'll be moving our trip up to the beginning of December to visit our DD. The only drawback will be the Pop Warner crowd and hopefully we'll get a decent discount at a mod/deluxe so we won't have to contend with the group at the values!

Hello all,
Thank you for posting the Holiday Family Celebration booklet form last year. So helpful! My daughter is in the DCP right now and we are trying to book a trip for early December. As of right now they have not posted blockout dates and on their website it does say that the Holiday Family Celebration blockout dates will be posted soon. But my daughter went on to the Hub today and put in the dates we were trying to get down there and there is only one resort open for those dates. Does anyone know if they release more rooms once the Holiday Celebration is announced?

Does anyone know if they do just a dining plan discount for DCP? We are DVC and just trying to figure it out. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter