Pat Robertson dead at 93.

While I can say that I was no fan of the man and the things he said, I also don't think it's right to revel in the death of anyone. It is not a cause for celebration, but rather should be a reflective moment. I understand the impulse, but I think we should strive to do better than that.

While I can say that I was no fan of the man and the things he said, I also don't think it's right to revel in the death of anyone. It is not a cause for celebration, but rather should be a reflective moment. I understand the impulse, but I think we should strive to do better than that.
Nah. I'm reveling. He terrorized the LGBTQ+ community for decades. Good riddance.

Actually, if you believe some of the woo-woo he pedaled, it is a time to celebrate, since he's now been granted eternal life. But that's none of my business anyway, and whatever you believe, we all should be happy.

Nah. I'm reveling. He terrorized the LGBTQ+ community for decades. Good riddance.
Yup. It's just a shame we had to put up with him for this long.

Last edited:

Quotes attributed to him were hard to tell if real or parody.

Nah. Some people don't deserve that.

I remember times in university, coming home super late flipping the channels & somehow landing on him.

This is over thirty years ago and I still remember a young wife & mother phoning in because she was being physically abused by her husband. Obviously was looking for help and compassion during a horrific time. She was trying to balance the sanctity of marriage with it all, in her head (sadly as it was obviously unsafe).

Mr. Robertson without skipping a beat told her to stay in her marriage & simply pray for her husband. A la that will do it. Left her with passages. Counselled her just to work it out with him.

I remember my mouth aghast like it was yesterday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter