Pay Per Ride FP incoming?

What I think Disneyland might be trying to do is create a new type of Fastpass that allows people to pay extra for rides and not only just for rides but faster access to shows and character meet and greets. Seeing how Pay Per Ride Fastpass worked for Disneyland Paris Disney wants to try it in America with Disneyland and see how it will work. But when you look at it the rides the meet and greets and shows are supposed to be free with park admission. But in my opinion this Fastpass will fail greatly

I’ll throw this out into the ether: pay-per-ride is too brash to roll out, instead, I think they’ll experiment with tiered MaxPass, example…

1) MaxPass, $30. Maximum 90 minutes between pass selection.

2) MaxPass Select, $45. Maximum 60 minutes between pass selection. One “ride anytime” pass valid at any ride.

3) Deluxe MaxPass, $60. Maximum 45 minutes between pass selection. Two “ride anytime” passes valid at any ride.

4) Premiere MaxPass, $90. Maximum 30 minutes Between pass selection. Three “ride anytime” passes valid at any ride.

It’s going to be add-on city the next 6 months!

I'm just curious where all of this supposed insider info is coming from? Like, where is everyone hearing that paid FP is coming to the USA?

Last time I was at WDW I paid $175 Cdn to attend nighttime extra magic hours. These are hours taken from regular guests who paid big bucks to be there. At that time, for me, it was worth being able to get on all the Pandora rides and have most of Animal Kingdom to myself, or so it seemed. I really paid for an evening of rides without waits. Walk on and stay on! What I really didn't like was all the rest of my evenings I was shut out of the parks because I couldn't afford to pay that much extra every night. So park day over at 7pm. I remember fondly in the past, staying in the MK until 2am. If those days are over, I'll be looking for a new vacation destination. After next April that is, we'll be visiting DL for the first time. So sad. Walt would be crushed.

What I think Disneyland might be trying to do is create a new type of Fastpass that allows people to pay extra for rides and not only just for rides but faster access to shows and character meet and greets. Seeing how Pay Per Ride Fastpass worked for Disneyland Paris Disney wants to try it in America with Disneyland and see how it will work. But when you look at it the rides the meet and greets and shows are supposed to be free with park admission. But in my opinion this Fastpass will fail greatly
I meet, walt disney world already had fastpasses for shows and meet and greets.

I'm just curious where all of this supposed insider info is coming from? Like, where is everyone hearing that paid FP is coming to the USA?

no one/nothing, it’s all for fun and sport down here. These forums would actually be extremely boring if Disney told us everything, in advance, all the time.

I’ll throw this out into the ether: pay-per-ride is too brash to roll out, instead, I think they’ll experiment with tiered MaxPass, example…

1) MaxPass, $30. Maximum 90 minutes between pass selection.

2) MaxPass Select, $45. Maximum 60 minutes between pass selection. One “ride anytime” pass valid at any ride.

3) Deluxe MaxPass, $60. Maximum 45 minutes between pass selection. Two “ride anytime” passes valid at any ride.

4) Premiere MaxPass, $90. Maximum 30 minutes Between pass selection. Three “ride anytime” passes valid at any ride.

It’s going to be add-on city the next 6 months!
This is basically the way Six Flags and Legoland operate their line passes. I hadn't considered this for DL, but I guess it is a possibility. Especially since the VIP Tour already exists and is essentially the Super Ultra Premiere version of this.

The only tricky part is that the higher prices don't necessarily mean "more access" since it would still be possible for MaxPass lines to fill up -- and they often do fill up and run out by the end of the day. I imagine lots of angry people saying "I bought the most expensive MaxPass but when I went to reserve RSR it said it was full for the day!!!" or "I bought the most expensive pass! I didn't know I had to use it early in the day because the MaxPass lines fill up!!!!" I assume that's partly why you included the anytime passes, but I still think that a lot of people are conditioned to think "I paid the most, so it shouldn't be sold out for me."

If you like getting shot at, I suppose.

Hey, you can get into a fist fight in Toon Town, so, pick your poison, I guess. Knotts Berry Farms is a decent park that has been around a long time. I remember going to Knotts when it was free to get inside. Quite a few former employees of Disney now work at Knotts. Whether it is in management, entertainment, etc, so Knotts is upping their park.

When we went to DLP a few years ago, we got a VIP fastpass by booking a suite, so they already had some form of paid fastpass. I wonder if they still have that?

When we went to DLP a few years ago, we got a VIP fastpass by booking a suite, so they already had some form of paid fastpass. I wonder if they still have that?
At the moment DLP has no FP at all, also the hotel FP are cancelled at the moment. There is no news if this will come back.

I'd agree Universal isn't "magic" in the Disney way. Many I agree will simply do other things. Still Universal loves the idea of Disney costing out a certain section of guest.

Hmm, I don't know about that. I think Universal has a lot to offer (particularly in Florida). I've actually considered a Universal Florida trip over WDW since I can't stand their Fastpass+ and all the disadvantages of not staying on site there (all the good fastpasses are already taken by the time 30 day window opens up - an no, I'm not going to sit on my phone refreshing all day hoping for a cancellation). The only way I really enjoy the WDW parks much is After Hours parties. Less crowds, and I would do that and never bother going during the day if it is up to me. Wish they had more of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter