Paying balance in advance

YangYang

Mouseketeer
I just made reservations for a preferred campsite for April 6-13 using a discount code for Georgia residents. When i got the confirmation in the mail, it said that the balance was due on 3/16/02. This is not my first trip to WDW nor is the first time I've stayed at FW, however I've never had to pay the balance prior to arrival. Does anyone know why I'm having to this time?

There are two places to make reservations--CRO and Walt Disney World Travel Co. They have different deposit, payment, AND cancellation policies. I would guess that your reservation was made with WDWTC--they have the early payment and cancellation penalty policies. Just read your paperwork carefully. If you made your reservations through the Disney Club it is WDWTC, too. As long as you are careful it is okay.

Barbara
117 days to go (any my reservations are through WDWTC, too)

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm not sure if I made them through DC or not - I honestly can't remember but I thought I called the regular number (407-W-DISNEY). I do remember that it said to make the check payable to Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and I don't remember that being the case before.

when you call the 407 w-disney you can be connected to the Walt Disney travel Company, they will try and push the package deals and they have a stiff cancellation policy. You may want to try and make a reservation through CRO and then cancel the WDTC ressie if that is what you have, then you should only have to pay the deposit in advance.

Okay, I went and checked my confirmation. It does not mention the WDTC anywhere on it. The cancellation policy on the back says that I must notify them of a cancellation 5 days in advance.

I believe that 2 years ago, DIsney started requiring full payment prior to arrrival. This is about the time I bought in to DVC. But I do remember booking my last trip in a cabin and having to prepay in 1999. I know i booked it through Disney too.

We just made ressies for May and was told that we had to pay in full by April sometime. When I questioned the CM she said it is a new policy for Club Members. Maybe this also applies to those reservations made with discount codes (who know) :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter