Paying for mobile order with gift card

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Is there a way to load a gift card into MDE? When I go to payment method it only gives me the option to add a credit card. I was hoping I could load a gift card ahead of time to avoid having to type the numbers in when I’m at the park placing my order. Does anyone know if that is possible? Thanks!

You can pay with a gift card for mobile order, but unfortunately you can't save the card to your account. I think most people just save the gift card number somewhere on their phone to copy and paste when they need it. I find that I memorized the number after the first few times, so it wasn't really an issue.

I'm glad you can pay with a gift card now but if they won't let you load and keep a GC store on there they should at least add the tech to let you scan a card, would be nice!

I have a related question. If you have a credit card on file to charge back to your resort room, can you use that option for the mobile orders?

I have a related question. If you have a credit card on file to charge back to your resort room, can you use that option for the mobile orders?

Technically, it’s two different systems. Yes, you can use the same credit card for your resort and for mobile ordering, but you have to link the card both places, if that makes sense. The one for mobile ordering is the one you link to MDE. You can default to that one when you book a resort, which makes them the same, of course.

As for the original question on the thread, I do what others have suggested. I save the gift card number as a note on my phone, and use copy/paste for each order. Only takes a second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter