• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying for Starbucks coffee @ WDW?

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
Does WDW have actual Starbucks stores in which you can pay with your Starbucks app/gc or do they just serve Starbucks coffee like they do at Barnes & Noble cafes? Just wondering if I should also bring some extra Starbucks gift cards for our trip or just add coffee to our Disney gift card budget?

I know for sure that both Starbucks locations at Disney Springs accept Starbucks gift cards. I'm frequently given gift cards from parents of my students and I've made a habit of bringing them with me to WDW where I've never had a problem using them. I'd assume other Starbucks locations like Creature Comforts in DAK are the same, but I've not actually tried to use a GC there so maybe somebody with first-hand knowledge can confirm that.

Does WDW have actual Starbucks stores in which you can pay with your Starbucks app/gc or do they just serve Starbucks coffee like they do at Barnes & Noble cafes? Just wondering if I should also bring some extra Starbucks gift cards for our trip or just add coffee to our Disney gift card budget?
I use my Starbucks app all the time.

We just got back and used Starbucks gift cards in all the parks, with no problems. Not sure about the app, but I would imagine it would be fine!

You can use the App or gift cards at all of the Starbucks locations in the parks and DS, and you earn stars on your purchases, you however cannot redeem star rewards at the locations within the parks.

Yes, you can use the app/gc and I believe even earn rewards, but not use them as mentioned above.

You can use the App or gift cards at all of the Starbucks locations in the parks and DS, and you earn stars on your purchases, you however cannot redeem star rewards at the locations within the parks.
Exactly this. I used my SB App to pay at every SB on property and earned a TON of stars due to bonuses. You cannot redeem rewards at the in park locations, just at DS/

An above comment prompted me to ask about earning bonuses that Starbucks sometimes offers, like buying 3 particular food/drink items or visiting a certain number of days in a row- can you accrue those at WDW locations?

An above comment prompted me to ask about earning bonuses that Starbucks sometimes offers, like buying 3 particular food/drink items or visiting a certain number of days in a row- can you accrue those at WDW locations?
Yes, you can. Over the course of 6 park days and my 2 days in airports, I bought probably 10 drinks. All paid for with my SB card/app. I would have only earned 40-50 stars for my purchases but because of different bonuses I earned 2 rewards while there.

One more question! If I go to the Main Street Bakery would I then pay for my coffee with a Starbucks gift card and the rest of my order with a Disney gift card?

One more question! If I go to the Main Street Bakery would I then pay for my coffee with a Starbucks gift card and the rest of my order with a Disney gift card?

You can pay for your whole order with a Starbucks or Disney gift card, but you will only earn stars if you pay with a registered Starbucks card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter