Paying for travel through travel agent?

If you're using a trusted platform like "A pair of ears," it should be a legitimate arrangement. Just make sure you've done some background checks on the travel agent and the platform to ensure their credibility.

Paying a travel agent directly for special packages like your booking is pretty standard. Ensure the agent is reliable and works with a well-known travel company. This way, you know your money is going to the right place and your trip is in good hands.

For my trip to Bohey Dulang Island, I first thought about getting help from a travel agent. But then, I found an excellent website with loads of info on the island and what to do there. Bohey Dulang was impressive with its beautiful views and fun stuff like snorkelling and kayaking. Planning the trip myself let me pick exactly what I wanted to do, like having an agent, but I got to do it all my way.

Last edited:
I've used travel agents before, and it's not uncommon to pay them directly. However, it's essential to ensure their legitimacy. Ask for their credentials and check reviews if available. Make sure you have a clear agreement in writing before making any payments to protect yourself.
With Disney it is so uncommon you should not use a TA where the charge itself says the Agency instead of some variation of Disney. Yes you give the agent your payment info. They then give that info to Disney who charges you.

If you are abroad I don’t know the procedures so it might be different.

THIS! Yes, I'm perfectly capable of booking my own reservations, but I have a great relationship with my TA and I like that I'm supporting a small business. My TA is amazing at checking for deals and often even before I know a new one is out, she's emailed me letting me know that she changed me to the new deal, I already have a better deal, or I could change to a different resort or room type for less (or in a case where she knew I'd been considering a Deluxe that the one I was considering was not that much more with a new deal). She's awesome!
Would you mind sharing who your TA was? We are looking for one.

When you book through a travel agent, all payments, modifications, etc. must be done through the agent. I have a secure online bookkeeping system that I use to store all credit card, personal information, etc. Over the years, I've become friends with my clients and we keep in touch with one another even when they aren't traveling.

I’ve used a TA for several trips even though I am comfortable and confident booking our trips. I really appreciated using one when we were there during a very busy time of year when we did a split stay (we were doing the WDW marathon). I love that if I am not interested in trying to fight for ADRs, the TA is able to book all of that for me.

I’ve used a TA for several trips even though I am comfortable and confident booking our trips. I really appreciated using one when we were there during a very busy time of year when we did a split stay (we were doing the WDW marathon). I love that if I am not interested in trying to fight for ADRs, the TA is able to book all of that for me.
Do you have a travel agent you’d recommend?

Great reasons to use an agent! I used to never realize how much goes into being an agent.

Would you mind sharing who your TA was? We are looking for one.
I actually just saw this but I found ours via TikTok and she's been great. we aren't going til December but she's more than willing to answer any questions I have

@mostmagicalmommyonearth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter