• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at EPCOT for Food & Wine and had an extra tckt (husband got sick) for a cheese tasting - already paid and no refund! ($75) Soooooo I found the dream team and explained that I wanted to give the ticket away and because I had only one after many attempts I was unsuccessful. They said they would help and soon we had a single woman who gladly accepted! She got the cheese tasting for free and I met a new friend! Talk about win - win! Even the dream teamers were excited!

My family will be at WDW Oct. 27 - Nov. 4 and I would be glad to send out some postcards. If you're interested in getting one, pm me w/ your name address, fav. character, etc. My little cousins just got a postcard in the mail a couple of days ago from "the princesses" and they were thrilled. I'd love to be a part of the magic! princess:

Sorry everyone, I've got my limit of kids. Thanks for letting me be a part of this! I can't wait to send out the postcards. :cutie:

We were at EPCOT for Food & Wine and had an extra tckt (husband got sick) for a cheese tasting - already paid and no refund! ($75) Soooooo I found the dream team and explained that I wanted to give the ticket away and because I had only one after many attempts I was unsuccessful. They said they would help and soon we had a single woman who gladly accepted! She got the cheese tasting for free and I met a new friend! Talk about win - win! Even the dream teamers were excited!

That is so awesome! Its so nice to know there are such nice people out there still! I like to know there are other people who think like me! :cheer2: Go ppiew!!

I'll do it for you. I leave tomorrow. Maybe if I PM you, you will be able to respond to it. Let me know.

I tried to respond, but it did not work. :confused3 Thank you for trying! I hope you and yours have a great trip! :cheer2: I will keep trying in this forum.

If anyone is going in the next few days I just found this thread my son would love a postcard but we are leaving on Nov 8th. Either way if anyone else is looking for one send me your information and I will send a few out.

My son just got his postcard from a wonderful person here (my son was sooo happy and it felt like real Disney magic here) and I'd like to do the same. We're going to be there from Dec. 16th - 27th and I can send out about five or so. If I send it at the beginning of the trip you'll probably get it for Christmas so anyone want a Christmas card from Mickey?

Just PM me!

Very nice! I live here and our kids are grown and gone, but we enjoy the parks even more now that we are on our own again. :cool1: If anyone wants a postcard we'd be glad to help out.

Okay this isn't a postcard, but I hope it will give someone joy none the less. I have recently won a Disney Enchanted phone call. I am 24 and have no children and no friends who have children. As much as I love Disney and I do, I think someone out there might appreciate it more than I. If you would like the code to get one free Disney Enchanted phone call. Please PM me.

Just sent you a PM.

Hi All,

I just found this thread and have only read a little bit but would love to participate. Can someone post a link or explain a little better? I'm leaving Thursday and would love to send a couple.

Thanks,
Shannon

That is so awesome that you did that for someone!!! Sounds like something we would do.

OK I will send out 5 postcards to the first 5 that pm me. I will be leaving Nov 28 coming home Dec 6. Please list name, address, favorite character and I will send them out mid week of our vacation. I love doing this for other people.

I am looking for someone to send one out to my daughter and her best friend if anyone is going within the next week or so. Just pm me and I will give you the info needed. Thank you to anyone that is willing to do this for us!!!

Hi All,

I just found this thread and have only read a little bit but would love to participate. Can someone post a link or explain a little better? I'm leaving Thursday and would love to send a couple.

Thanks,
Shannon

You get people's information (name, address, favorite character)then while in disney you write out a postcard and send it to the person. We have done this for 2 years now, and will be doing it again this year. It always makes us feel so wonderful doing this for someone else.

Hi all,

We did this during our last trip in 2005 - what fun !

If someone is going down within the next couple of weeks and would like to send one to a co-workers six year old son for me - please PM me and I'll send along the details !

Thanks so much ! This is the best thread on the DIS !!!:thumbsup2

Is anyone leaving in the next few days that needs one more thing to pack?! I've been thinking about this, but now we are leaving Nov 8th and I think I may be too late to have a postcard sent to my neice. She is soo excited. She will be 5 at the end of the month- anyone?

We'll be there from Dec 11 to 15...would love to send 5. Also, if anyone is going soon and would be willing to send to my daughter, please let me know. I don't have enough posts to PM those who have offered!

I can't pm yet, but we'll be going from Nov.16-23. My almost 5 year old would love a card from Mickey or Pooh, she's a big fan. Could someone please pm me and I'll email the rest?

And, I would LOVE to pay it forward, can do 5-6 if anyone needs one!

Thanks!!!

i am going december 26th i would love to have someone send a card to my 5 year old son from micky mouse or lighting mcqueen if the make one. i sent cards last year to 5 children and i got great joy in doing so. i will do it again this year for 5 again you can pm me and also if someone could pm me to send one to my son

:drive:dh driving us to dw :hippie: me :cool2: ds20 :wizard: ds5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter