Paying out of pocket for CRT when on DP

dancemomnj

DIS Veteran
We will be on the DP in November. We will be paying OP for the CRT lunch. What have others of you done when you make ADRS? Do you just give them the CC# and say you are on the DP or do you give them the credit card and tell them you will be paying OP? I know I have to give my cc# for the CRT ADR.
Thank you!

I’m also curious about this one, anyone know?

TIA

They will ask you if you are on the dining plan and then tell them what you plan to do. I believe they will only hold your CC for a no show but if you say you are paying OOP they probably will charge your CC.

This is a loophole for not having to pay in full. If you say you are on the dining plan, they won't charge your CC. If you say you are paying OOP, they probably will charge your CC.

beattyfamily said:
They will ask you if you are on the dining plan and then tell them what you plan to do. I believe they will only hold your CC for a no show but if you say you are paying OOP they probably will charge your CC.

This is a loophole for not having to pay in full. If you say you are on the dining plan, they won't charge your CC. If you say you are paying OOP, they probably will charge your CC.
So say I'm on the dining plan and then pay OOP wehn we go? How do they do that? At the end do they give you a check and you either say take my DDP points or I'l pay OOP?
Thank you!

dancemomnj said:
So say I'm on the dining plan and then pay OOP wehn we go? How do they do that? At the end do they give you a check and you either say take my DDP points or I'l pay OOP?
Thank you!

I think they will ask you at the beginning of the meal. At least they did for us when we were on the dining plan in Sept/Oct. But I think there's time to change your mind before the final bill comes...because I remember once eating at Tony's. I told the waitress I'd pay OOP for just one DD. Well, a nice man across from us paid for my DD with his extra credit!! That happened toward the end of our meal.

So when you sit down to eat, they will ask you. You can say what you are going to do then.

beattyfamily said:
.....because I remember once eating at Tony's. I told the waitress I'd pay OOP for just one DD. Well, a nice man across from us paid for my DD with his extra credit!! That happened toward the end of our meal.

Wow, that was nice! :sunny:

That reminds me of the time when me DH and the kids were eating breakfast at Waffle House. DH was in uniform (Army) he was on his way to work and when we went to pay the waitress said it was already paid for by a previous customer that just left he said "tell him thanks for serving our country". I thought that was so nice and will never forget that. There are truly some nice people in this world. :sunny:

beattyfamily said:
I think they will ask you at the beginning of the meal. At least they did for us when we were on the dining plan in Sept/Oct. But I think there's time to change your mind before the final bill comes...because I remember once eating at Tony's. I told the waitress I'd pay OOP for just one DD. Well, a nice man across from us paid for my DD with his extra credit!! That happened toward the end of our meal.

So when you sit down to eat, they will ask you. You can say what you are going to do then.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter