Paying with DVC points

SLK1

DIS Veteran
Here is the deal: I already booked for June 2009 for Viva Italia. I paid the $600 deposit (two people). What if I decide I want to use my DVC points to pay for the trip? I booked through Costco, so does that affect anything? I just figure that since our stocks are nothing now, and I have lots of points I could bank and borrow, can I change the way I was planning on paying? Anyone know how this works?

To pay with DVC points you must book thru member services. They actually do the booking for you, with Adventures by Disney. (DVC and ABD are 2 seperate companies under the Disney umbrella) I do not believe you will be able to get back the $600 you already paid to Cosco. You might as well keep the reservation you have, unless you don't mind loosing the $600.

We booked our May 08 Ireland ABD tour with ABD in Sep 07. In January 08, we purchased additional points and received double developer points. Member services was able to convert our ressie to points and we did get our $$ back. MS told us you could convert from $$ to points as long as you are 90 days or more out from your departure day.

Not sure how it will work with COSTCO, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask....

We just booked Viva Italia last week for the May 28-June 5 trip, using dvc points. very easy! you do have to pay the $95 exchange fee, and your situation will be a little different since you do already have a space in a specific trip. (dvc shouldn't have to check to see if there's still space on your trip, for instance, since you're already booked?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter