• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Peace and Good Thoughts During Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be peacefully in my bunker hiding from the crazies with ammo vests and automatic weapons.

I'm worried but hope its for nothing. I don't have much faith in people though.

Let's face facts. No matter who wins, it's going to be a epic spectacle that is likely going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths. The message of this thread is to help those maintain some sense of unity, despite how far split we are on political and social ideologies. There's not many places online where one can get away to. Places to take their minds off of the heavy weight of the current world. Let's do our best to support and understand one another and make this forum a place where people will need to run away to. A common interest that brings people together.

Amen. That this needs to be said makes me feel so sad for our nation. :guilty: Also frustrated that we likely won’t know results tomorrow night.

Such a crazy time in history; 2020 will certainly be a most memorable year.

I hope for a reasonably quick definitive outcome, but it's really a fiction that there's ever been "election night results" that were official. I've heard of lines so long that some people were waiting until after midnight to vote. Ballots have been (and in some places still are) transported to a central location where they wait to be counted. That's often taken up until the next morning because it takes time to transport and check in (there have to be security checks) the ballot boxes, then wait for counting machines to count them. There have always been ways to vote by mail that delayed the completion of ballot counting. Be patient. It's really the way we've always had elections in the United States for decades.

But yeah - I hope that people will realize that there's a process and that counting ballots is legal. I don't get why anyone would be thinking of violence based on the results or lack of results.

Just gonna throw this great quote here and hope it remains true after tomorrow:

"To a few of us here today this is a solemn and most momentous occasion, and yet in the history of our nation it is a commonplace occurrence. The orderly transfer of authority as called for in the Constitution routinely takes place, as it has for almost two centuries, and few of us stop to think how unique we really are. In the eyes of many in the world, this every-four-year ceremony we accept as normal is nothing less than a miracle."

Sad that this even has to be a thread.
Amen. That this needs to be said makes me feel so sad for our nation. :guilty: Also frustrated that we likely won’t know results tomorrow night.

Such a crazy time in history; 2020 will certainly be a most memorable year.
I'm just so so sad today. I can't believe this is where we are. I'm praying for peace and a return to decency, tolerance and kindness.
This is my 14th presidential election. Voted a few weeks ago. It's so sad that we find it necessary to get ready for whomever loses won't accept a legal defeat. I've never heard of such a thing, but recently I guess, this it what we have dissolved to.

I was just reading an article that many stores in Washington State, NYC, & DC are putting plywood on their windows incase there are any riots

It is so sad that this is the world we live in right now. I really hope whoever wins that the loosing sides supporters can will act civilized.

I was just reading an article that many stores in Washington State, NYC, & DC are putting plywood on their windows incase there are any riots

It is so sad that this is the world we live in right now. I really hope whoever wins that the loosing sides supporters can will act civilized.
and Beverly Hills of all places...but not in Portland oregon....downtown a ghetto for a long time now.

Just gonna throw this great quote here and hope it remains true after tomorrow:

"To a few of us here today this is a solemn and most momentous occasion, and yet in the history of our nation it is a commonplace occurrence. The orderly transfer of authority as called for in the Constitution routinely takes place, as it has for almost two centuries, and few of us stop to think how unique we really are. In the eyes of many in the world, this every-four-year ceremony we accept as normal is nothing less than a miracle."
....did not see that author surfacing to those words......

I'm working from home tomorrow. I want to stay off the roads. It's going to be like the 4th of July tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter