Pearl Castaway level?

Great, we have our first Gold sailing in January, so we still have a long way to go. But we currently have two cruises booked and planning another once May 2024 opens.

Just noticed a new tier starting next year... Anyone hear any details yet? Will be interesting to see what they unveil with it.
Wow, the gap from Platinum to Pearl is wide, from 10 cruises to 25. You have to take more than twice as many cruises to get there.

I would have been happier if they had instituted a system that was a combination of # of cruises and/or # of nights cruised, like Princess has.

I'd love to know what percentage of "Platinum" guests are already Pearl.
We sailed on the 8 night on the fantasy a few weeks ago. We attended the gold and platinum reception during the cruise. They started out asking who was gold and who was platinum in the audience. Most people seemed to be platinum. They then asked people how many cruises they had sailed on - to clap when their number was called.

Lots of people clapped at 30, 40, 50+ cruises. They even called out 3 people who had more than 100 cruises!

I wish we could have enjoyed day 1 booking at least a few times before they changed the system... we hit it in 2019 and have only cruised twice since, and the Wish didn't count since that was tiered also. Oh well.
I also doubt we'll make it to Pearl, but if we keep on sailing every year or two we'll meet y'all there in 2035 or 2040, just in time for them to switch it up again. :rotfl2:

My son is usually the only platinum in the teen club. There's rarely any kids that are even Gold. I think most of the Pearl levels will be empty nesters. We will be Pearl, but my youngest is now an adult so I'm not sure how often will cruise Disney anymore.
My observation while having conversations with platinum members while sailing is that many are like you said empty-nesters, who are also DVC members with points to burn. From my understanding not a cost effective way of using points but for a couple pays half the cost of longer, more expensive sailings. I think also the fact that right now many people are put off with the theme parks at the moment and they were many families I personally know who bought DVC many many years ago assuming they would do yearly trips with grandkids. Either grandkids are adults themselves now and have no interest or those trips just didn’t work out. And a cruise sounds more appealing than a couple’s trip.

So time to guess what perks Pearl will get? I assume bookings open up before Platinum...maybe they get same priority as Concierge? 2 free Palo, or 1 Enchente/Remy's visit per sailing.... Shimmering pearl covered lanyard...15% discount on wifi? Free drink vouchers?

We sailed on the 8 night on the fantasy a few weeks ago. We attended the gold and platinum reception during the cruise. They started out asking who was gold and who was platinum in the audience. Most people seemed to be platinum. They then asked people how many cruises they had sailed on - to clap when their number was called.

Lots of people clapped at 30, 40, 50+ cruises. They even called out 3 people who had more than 100 cruises!
If that was the October 29 sailing we were cruising along with you. I attended that reception and wish they would have also stated how many silver guests were onboard of the 2600. Two of those 100+ cruise parties were between our stateroom (8596) and our DD's (8574 I think) proudly displaying their repeat status on their respective stateroom doors.

I expect a lot of Florida residents to be close. You guys are lucky. We're close to California. The weekend cruises would be easy, but every time I've cruised out of San Diego it's been a cold cruise. They need a ship in SoCal in the Summer.
I was just thinking the same re CA cruises! We have a few trips planned in the next year to CA and would love to add on a long weekend Disney cruise but they do not seem common? We live in FL and while we go to WDW very often (1.5 hrs away, DVC, AP), we only just did our 4th cruise. (3 on Dream, 1 on Wish). While we want to do more Disney cruises, we really would love to see other ports and the ones out of here typically just go to Nassau and Castaway Cay (for the 3 and 4 nighters -not interested in 7 nights. They do have the one offs to other locations but usually not during a school break). Hoping the delay in the 2024 release has to do with the Treasure being announced and maybe new itineraries!

So time to guess what perks Pearl will get? I assume bookings open up before Platinum...maybe they get same priority as Concierge? 2 free Palo, or 1 Enchente/Remy's visit per sailing.... Shimmering pearl covered lanyard...15% discount on wifi? Free drink vouchers?

Most likely nonsense or they’ll offer the current platinum benefits to pearl. I’d be surprised if they gave Remy to pearl and geese a private character meet and greet?

i went to that reception too. We just completed our 30th cruise. We are not florida residents. Our granddaughters are platinum and haven’t cruised with the platinum perk yet.

How about a parking discount. Heck, I’d be happy to get boarding group #1 back. Probably a pearl reception.

They should rename this one, "Florida Resident Tier".

This is probably why they haven't added the no PAT requirement back to Platinum. They're going to give it to Pearl.

pretty much, but we’re not florida residents and have taken 30 cruises. there are a few of us here on disboards. We also take mostly 7 night cruises too. A lot of florida residents do the shorter cruises. Though if I was a florida resident, I’d jump on a lot of short cruises at the fl resident rate. I live near DC so have the transportation cost and lodging cost too. Being DVC helps.

They should rename this one, "Florida Resident Tier".

This is probably why they haven't added the no PAT requirement back to Platinum. They're going to give it to Pearl.
Not FL residents, but we are retired.

I hope you are correct about the PAT, I would like that.

pretty much, but we’re not florida residents and have taken 30 cruises. there are a few of us here on disboards. We also take mostly 7 night cruises too. A lot of florida residents do the shorter cruises. Though if I was a florida resident, I’d jump on a lot of short cruises at the fl resident rate. I live near DC so have the transportation cost and lodging cost too. Being DVC helps.
I'm probably an outlier among Florida residents, but the short cruises don't interest me at all. There are oftentimes good discounts on the Fantasy, but we usually plan those trips out in advance since we sail with family.

Not Florida residents either not even close to Florida. We've been on 5 cruises that were over 10 days. The rest were mostly 7 nights with a few 4 nighters mixed in.

I am OK with this AS LONG AS they don't devalue Platinum. If they take perks away from Platinum to give to Pearl, that will just feel like a punch in the gut.

They need to bring back Platinum Boarding Group1. If they give Pearl Boarding before that, I'm ok with that...Board Concierge, then Pearl, then Platinum. But if Pearl gets the perk we used to and we still have to get a specific PAT, that will not be cool.

They can totally reward Pearl members with new over the top perks...special Castaway Club merchandise, discounts to things like Dining, Wifi, Drinks, etc. Reserve new itineraries 5 days before General Public (Platinum gets 3) and book cruise activities 140 days (Platinum get 120 days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter