Pearl Guests Check Your PAT/BG!!!

They should bring it back for Pearl status. Compared to the loyalty programs on other cruise lines DCL is severely lacking. It's the least they could do.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years with DCL's competition raising the bar. I think a lot of people are tired of Disney prices and the decrease in quality across all their service and entertainment venues.

When check in opened for platinum for our cruise next week, everyone got group 7+. Just checked and nothing has changed.

When check in opened for platinum for our cruise next week, everyone got group 7+. Just checked and nothing has changed.

I haven't heard any changed for Platinum, just Pearl, but you never know. Good luck!

Here’s my question - those who are getting BG 6 or higher - are you finding you are standing / sitting around the Terminal, waiting for your number to be called? Is there a noticeable difference in your time in ship or is it more of a removed recognition / reward?

Curious, not condemning. I acknowledge that they have removed something they initiated and we have gotten used to. (I have appreciated it since 2011). What I really like is a dedicated Platinum check-in counter - I have often been processed at the Concierge desk, giving the Cast Member something to do.

I cannot remember sitting in any terminal after check-in since the restart.

I had BG 10 or 11 in Miami when we were still doing testing at the port. We tested, Waited for results (in chairs) checked in (very minimal line), walked over to the Boarding Line to hear our # called as we got there. Then it was walking to the ship.

I don’t remember even seeing a sitting/waiting area in San Juan this May. Now the line outside - that was an error in organization (while the cool, extremely large area set up with stanchions/queue space and lots of available and waiting Check-in stations was empty).
As platinum, we were given BG 6 on our recent Mediterranean cruise. It was the best boarding we have ever experienced. We arrived at our PAT time, walked right into the terminal, through security, waited for one family at the desk, and while we were there our boarding group was called. We left the desk and walked right on the ship. This was not our experience in February with our first platinum cruise out of San Diego. Lots of waiting every step of the way. We were even cruising concierge.

I haven't heard any changed for Platinum, just Pearl, but you never know. Good luck!
-i was referring to this post
So could this be as simple as this... Currently, DCL assigns BG groups 2,3 (and sometimes 4 and 5 for the Dream/Triton class ships) to passengers using DCL transporation... This them bumps Pearls and Platinums at check-in to a boarding group no lower than 4 for the Classic Ships and no lower than 6 for the Dream/Triton class ships. DCL might either be currently reviewing this practice and/or adjusting boarding groups based on how many guests are using DCL transport?

Scott's posted on Instagram about this yesterday. It seems now many Pearl are getting a notice at online check in that they do not have to pick a BG.
IMG_9985.png

Last edited:

I can't speak for all Pearl cruisers, but I just want to be able to show up at any time and board the ship when I get there. I've been on a few cruises since the restart with delayed boarding. I don't need to be first on the ship just let me board when I arrive. If there's a Coast Guard inspection that delays boarding your most loyal guests should not have to wait in the terminal for two hours.

If they're not going to offer any monetary perks it's the least they could do.

Scott's posted on Instagram about this yesterday. It seems now many Pearl are getting a notice at online check in that they do not have to pick a BG.
View attachment 778875

Let's hope! I wish DCL would make an official announcement as to what is going on, or change the wording on the CC Benefits page...something concrete. They must like to keep us guessing. ;)

Just checked my reservation for September. Previously it showed the date in August when my online check-in opened up, now it doesn't. I wonder if this is part of some transition for Pearly members.

I have to say that I'm not too thrilled with how they are handling this. I don't have status, but I am staying at a WDW Resort and taking DCL Transportation for my upcoming cruise. When I checked in I was given a PAT of 11 and BG 3. At the same time that these status changes happened for Pearl, my PAT got shifted 30 mins later and I am now somehow BG 5. To just shove aside people who are already checked in and assigned is not okay. They should have just made it effective for sailings that have not yet been assigned PATs/BGs. I already have a second cruise already booked for next year with a stay at the Poly and DCL transport, if they're now going to make bus passengers wait around I may have to rethink staying on-property and using DCL transportation.

I sooooooo wish platinum would also regain the Before covid privileges as one said nothing that cost them ( dcl ) but make us happy
please dcl reconsider this please

I have to say that I'm not too thrilled with how they are handling this. I don't have status, but I am staying at a WDW Resort and taking DCL Transportation for my upcoming cruise. When I checked in I was given a PAT of 11 and BG 3. At the same time that these status changes happened for Pearl, my PAT got shifted 30 mins later and I am now somehow BG 5. To just shove aside people who are already checked in and assigned is not okay. They should have just made it effective for sailings that have not yet been assigned PATs/BGs. I already have a second cruise already booked for next year with a stay at the Poly and DCL transport, if they're now going to make bus passengers wait around I may have to rethink staying on-property and using DCL transportation.

Wow....i agree with you. This is the first I have heard of someone getting pushed back to a later time/BG. I wonder if it depends on how many Pearls are on a particular cruise? Either way they should let you keep what you originally had.

MJ

Wow that is pretty crappy. I would call DCL and complain. I get DCL is trying to give Pearl cruisers a benefit (at least that appears to be what's happening), but others who already had PATs shouldn't get shifted to accommodate.

I agree with the posts above...That doesn't seem right either! Ugh! Like mmouse said though, this is the first I'm hearing this too. Hopefully it's not becoming a trend, but that doesn't help you. :( DCL really needs to get their act together and go with1 policy.

Maybe it was due to a bus schedule change and the resort you are at? You said both the arrival time changed and the BG, so maybe there won’t be as much of a wait once you get there.

If you're taking DCL transportation from WDW, then you shouldn't have a PAT or a BG. You'll arrive when the bus gets there and that's that.

Maybe it was due to a bus schedule change and the resort you are at? You said both the arrival time changed and the BG, so maybe there won’t be as much of a wait once you get there.
This is my assumption, as well. They're not going to have bus passengers waiting around at the port for their PAT. That said, it's possible the change in bus schedule is related to the Pearl early boarding groups. Prior to covid, resort buses arrived at the port much later. Maybe the days of resort bus passengers being some of the first on the ship are over?

As just a silver member, I gotta agree with all of u guys. At plat/Pearl u guys definitely should be able to just walk onto the ship whenever you want. Doesn’t make me feel good that when I hit platinum in the future I won’t have this perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter