Pearl Members - Castaway Cay Cabana ?

Just curious. I'm a platinum member and reached my 120 day today for my cruise on the Dream on 12/28 which includes a double dip at Castaway Cay. As I normally do I attempted at 12:00 midnight to check cabana availability. I've been successful a couple of times but not tonight. Curious about any Pearl members experience. Is it obtainable or are the concierge guests always booking the cabanas to full capacity before it opens further. I know on the Wish that non concierge guests have no shot but figure there would be openings on the legacy ships.

Just curious. I'm a platinum member and reached my 120 day today for my cruise on the Dream on 12/28 which includes a double dip at Castaway Cay. As I normally do I attempted at 12:00 midnight to check cabana availability. I've been successful a couple of times but not tonight. Curious about any Pearl members experience. Is it obtainable or are the concierge guests always booking the cabanas to full capacity before it opens further. I know on the Wish that non concierge guests have no shot but figure there would be openings on the legacy ships.

I'm on Magic next week and I'm pearl, when my booking window opened there weren't any Cabanas available.

I’m on the Magic next week and concierge, and I did snag a cabana, but I know another concierge room on our sailing that did not get one. I don’t think they’re making it to Pearl/platinum very often lately.

On our recent sailings the policy seems to be that they hold all cabanas for concierge booking until about a week or two before sailing when they really any unclaimed inventory. We were on a sailing this past year which had most concierge rooms showing unsold on the website right up until the sail date (we were actually able to upgrade at port), so a lot of cabanas were unclaimed. Nobody had been able to book a cabana at Pearl, Platinum, Gold booking date etc. About a week before sailing about a half dozen cabanas all suddenly showed available all at the same time. Someone on our facebook group shared a screenshot and they were quickly booked up by our group. A similar thing happened on our cruise last year but it was only a couple of cabanas that showed up a week before. I think this is the new practice now.

On our recent sailings the policy seems to be that they hold all cabanas for concierge booking until about a week or two before sailing when they really any unclaimed inventory. We were on a sailing this past year which had most concierge rooms showing unsold on the website right up until the sail date (we were actually able to upgrade at port), so a lot of cabanas were unclaimed. Nobody had been able to book a cabana at Pearl, Platinum, Gold booking date etc. About a week before sailing about a half dozen cabanas all suddenly showed available all at the same time. Someone on our facebook group shared a screenshot and they were quickly booked up by our group. A similar thing happened on our cruise last year but it was only a couple of cabanas that showed up a week before. I think this is the new practice now.
Same on my August Fantasy sailing. I think it was 10 days before we sailed and all of the sudden 5 cabanas on Serenity Bay showed up as available.

Nope, none available when I did our 123 day booking last week for the Wish, right at midnight.
Was able to get everything else I wanted though.

Same on my August Fantasy sailing. I think it was 10 days before we sailed and all of the sudden 5 cabanas on Serenity Bay showed up as available.
This happened on our Magic sailing last month too. 3 regular family cabanas popped up and 1 grand family one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter