Pebble Beach Golf Course

CanadianPaco

I miss my tags!
DH would love to stop by Pebble Beach golf course. Pictures,, souvenir hat.... Is this permitted? Obviously not to walk onto the course but drive in and see it?
Just hoping...

If you go through the hotel you can walk out onto the 18th hole. It is a great place for getting some pictures. There is a market across the street which has a little deli in there. People will direct you. There are live webcams for Pebble Beach online. Those are fun to watch.

We drove the 17 mile drive from Monterey and stopped at the golf course. There are shops you can go into and a small deli/wine/market. We got some lunch and ate at a picnic table near the clubhouse. If you have time, take the drive as well, it is breathtakingly gorgeous. You will also see a few more holes along the way.

You will have a perfect view of the iconic 18th green.

I had purchased my DH a round of golf at PB a long time ago. This year he finally used it. He said the course is not that tough, but he sure enjoyed his time out there playing. They even saw some Orcas out there.

There's a restaurant, Roys, in Pebble Beach. If you can't stay for dinner, stay and have a drink and around the time that the bag piper plays. Many people go just for that.

There's a restaurant, Roys, in Pebble Beach. If you can't stay for dinner, stay and have a drink and around the time that the bag piper plays. Many people go just for that.

Roy's is actually in The Inn at Spanish Bay. We prefer it to the main areas of Pebble because it's not as crowded, but if you're making the trip because you love golf, I'd say the Lodge at Pebble is a better must see. There is a restaurant that overlooks the 18th green.

There is also a Roy's at the Anaheim GardenWalk, and another in Downtown LA if you're so inclined to try it.

We ate a late breakfast at the cafe that overlooks the putting green and the 1st hole at Peeble Beach. It was not in the Lodge but was part of the area with shops. Checkout the website for Peeble Beach.

I had purchased my DH a round of golf at PB a long time ago. This year he finally used it. He said the course is not that tough, but he sure enjoyed his time out there playing. They even saw some Orcas out there.

How tough it is depends on the weather. During the Crosby Pro-Am, one pro was having so much difficulty with the wind on the 7th hole that he putted it down using the golf cart path. It's about 100 yards, but depending on the wind, players use anything from a 5 iron to a sand wedge. Many balls have been lost into the Pacific Ocean at that hole from misjudging the wind.

On a calm day I would say Pebble Beach isn't a particularly tough course. However, neither was Augusta National before they "Tiger Proofed" it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter