Penny Machines

The pressed coin books are so cute, but I gave up on them a few years ago. I'd get new pennies and want to rearrange the order of them in the books, but the fit was either too tight it was difficult to get the pennies out of the pockets, or they were too loose and would fall out.

I now keep my pressed pennies in clear jars.

We had the same problem with the older books, but the one we purchased on our trip two weeks ago didn't have an issue.

My family had a great time pressing pennies. We got one for each ride, one for each country in Epcot and a few others that we came across. The kids would get so excited every time they saw a machine.

My family is addicted too! My son took it on as a hobby in 2010! We have 463 of the current 468 coins in all four parks. We will get those five this summer! We have a number from the resorts too! It's a fun hobby and both of my kids enjoy hunting for the machines!

My two daughters love collecting the coins too! We had the best day exploring Epcot looking for all the different machines in all the country areas. We saw so much more than we normally do by slowing down and trying to find the machines. We actually need a couple more books. Thanks for letting me know they are available on line! Can't wait to use the app too with locations!

Some general information on collecting pressed pennies:

Pennies
: I buy tubes of pennies to press from a local coin shop. I can get 50 shiny pre-1981 pennies for about 75 cents. Google coin shops in your area. It is so much easier than hunting down the older pennies and then cleaning them.

Storing: One option is to store your penny collection in binders, with each penny stapled into a cardboard "flip" that has a clear window on each side to see the penny, and then put in a clear 3-hole punch page that has 20 pockets for flips. You can write on each flip when and where and how you got the penny. (to see the flips - https://www.amazon.com/Cardboard-Holders-ELONGATED-CENTS-CCNE/dp/B00FL1Q8T0)
(a page of pennies in flips look like this - https://www.parkpennies.com/-gen-elongated-coins/danpage2.jpg)

Finding penny presses:
For disney pennies I check the MyDisneyExperience app, presscoins.com, parkpennies.com, and www.ctmgroupinc.com/disney
For everywhere else I check pennycollector.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter