People in your family with the same name.

Until I married my husband there were only 3 male first names used in my family. Between my grandfather, uncles, cousins, brother, and dad there are 4 or 5 of each of the three names.

No duplicates for the ladies. We all have our own individual names.

I do have an aunt from Brazil and all the women in her family are named Maria, but go by their middle name.

DH's mother's family is simlar -- there are only a few women's names used going back for generations. No nicknames. Sons appear to be rare in the family tree, so they have a little more individuality with their names (but not much). The limited selection of female names even extends to pets -- the same few names get used for children and for animals, which created confusion when aunts and grandmothers yelled for someone.

Living there are 7 James' in the family. If you count deceased it would be 9. My dad James III, brother James IV and nephew James V. My husband James Sr., son James Jr. (Jamie), grandson James III (Jay) and great-grandson James IV (LJ). We use different nicknames. I also have a cousin James names after my grandfather but different last name.

I have been working on the family genealogy and there are a LOT of William's on my dad's side all with the same last name. For the girls it was Hannah, Rose and Anna. It gets very confusing.

I have two brother's with the same middle name - Edward. My Daddy's middle name was Edward so brother #3 got that. Then brother #4 was a six month baby and not supposed to live so they needed a name for the death certificate, he got Junior. He lived. My 2nd brother is named after my paternal grandfather but so is my uncle so brother is a third. My 3 month old grand daughter is sort of named after me and her other grandmother. They gave her the formal version of my name, which is is not my name, I have the shortened version. One of my nephews' has the same first name as his father, brother #1. Another nephew (who is not brother #1's son, he is brother #5's) has the same middle name as brother #1. It's not a family name as far as I know.

When I was doing family history research years ago...this was before Ancestry.com and you had to go and look at actual microfilm...I had a heck of a time with my Mom's side of the family because they seemed to all be named either Conrad or Charles. Currently, there are no juniors or people with the same name in my family. At least not that I can think of right now. I went to school with a girl who was one of six, all named Mary. We called them by their middle names.

We don't have too many duplicates in our family. I have an uncle and cousin both named James, but the uncle goes by Jim and the cousin goes by his middle name.

My DH is named Jacob and I have a cousin who named his son Jacob.

I think that is it.

I have a son, husband, FIL, and grandFIL with the same name. My dad and his father had the same name.

We are best friends with a family who's father and son have the same name. When planning our WDW trips have to call member services to fix every reservation as four members of the party have repeating names. Two CS and two TB.

Walter is the common name in extended family. My grandfather, dad, cousin and one grand son have/had that name.

I was just wondering how many families have repeated names (ok taking into account Junior, III, etc.) I have a few doubles (only one being a Junior)
2 -Chris (one Christine and Christopher)
2 - David (first cousins)
2 - William (one is a Junior)
2 - Tom (uncle and nephew)
2 - Andy (one Andrew and one Andrea - spelled Andi - first cousins once removed)
2 - Lloyd (uncle and nephew)'

I'm sure there are some families that can top this list easily!

Let's see..Just from my parents, siblings and their kids (not their grandkids; IDK what half of their names are), and my family unit:

Marie (5 middle)
Christine/Christina (2 first name, 1 middle)
Inez (2 middle)
Ann (2 middle)
Jimmie/James (3 first, 1 middle)
Ray (2 middle)
Allen (2 middle)
Paul (2 middle)
Margaret (1 middle, 1 first)
David (2 first)
Michael (2 first)
Anthony/Tony (2 first)

If middle names count...
William (8 - 2 first name, 6 middle name)
Lynn (3 middle names)
Robert (2 first name, 1 middle name)

And the rest are all in 2 - Margaret, Allison, Kent, Conrad, Matthew, Edward, Thomas, and Christine.

John-Uncle and Grandfather (mother's side)
Jean-Grandmother (father's side) and my sister's middle name

My husband was almost a "the III" but his mom vetoed that.

I am named after both my grandmothers, but use a nickname that is unique to me. My husband is a junior. I fought really hard NOT to have a IIIrd. Finally won that battle by insisting that if he could pass a family name to a son, we had to pass my family names to a daughter. Dh didn't want that at all so had to admit I had a point! I did agree for his first name to be our son's middle name as a compromise. If we'd had a girl I wanted to name her after both our sisters. Dh objected to that too. Apparently only boy's name pass down?

We reuse names.
My oldest ds is named for fil.
My second ds has the same name as dh. Both of dh’s grandfathers had the name as well. Also one of dh’s uncles and a cousin.
My third ds is named for my father, with my grandfather’s first name as middle.
My fourth ds also has a family name, but it’s a last name. He also has my grandfather’s middle name.
If I had had a daughter I would have named her after my grandmother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter