People Mover opening 4/3/2021

I don't know, Disney did design the military's electromagnetic launch system on aircraft carriers. but yes, I'm sure they have someone build them.

The Navy began working with Disney and Vekoma in 1999, right after RnRC opened. 11 years later, the Navy’s running tests on their own electromagnetic launch technology.

General Atomics received the design contract for the latest system using a battery/capacitor based EMALS on the U.S.S. Gerald Ford. I worked with GA on this and, more specifically via ONR (Office of Naval Research), the EM railgun (employs the same basic principles of LIM).

https://www.ga.com/general-atomics-...d-recovery-milestone-aboard-uss-gerald-r-ford

Last edited:
Just heard on the local news station that People Mover is opening 4/3/2020.

Monorail will be opening soon. Adding dividers in them and that park will soon be at 50% capacity - within the next few weeks/for Spring Break. I think it's there now.

Still testing fireworks. We have seen some in the evening from OKW.

Some notes:

1. Monorail is already open - not sure why the news would imply it isn't
2. Disney has not announced an increase to 50% capacity - not sure why the news would report that there will be an increase

Capacity is still at 35% and is unlikely to change until the CDC changes their guidance.
The local Orlando news and the Tampa news both reported yesterday that capacity is being raised to 50% during spring break.
And the CDC has nothing to do with Disney capacity. It's up to Disney to impose capacity limits.

The local Orlando news and the Tampa news both reported yesterday that capacity is being raised to 50% during spring break.
And the CDC has nothing to do with Disney capacity. It's up to Disney to impose capacity limits.
Do you have a source on that? Disney said during the investor call about two weeks ago that capacity was still at 35%

About People Mover, in all the trips everyone has made to the park, has anyone ever seen workers out walking the track or working on the track? I never have. I doubt they would do all the work at night and the track has never been covered or blocked. So them saying they are replacing parts of track or motors in the track is hogwash IMO.
I've seen multiple YouTube videos where vloggers have filmed workers walking the tracks. Most recently, they've filmed cast members RIDING it, so I think the March 3rd date could very well be accurate.

To those who are going back and forth about the 35 vs. 50 percent capacity, the governor of Florida gave Disney the go ahead quite a while ago to have up to 100% capacity. It's Disney that had been choosing 35 percent. If they increase to 50, they better also be planning to open more restaurants and attractions to absorb the added crowds....

I've seen multiple YouTube videos where vloggers have filmed workers walking the tracks. Most recently, they've filmed cast members RIDING it, so I think the March 3rd date could very well be accurate.

To those who are going back and forth about the 35 vs. 50 percent capacity, the governor of Florida gave Disney the go ahead quite a while ago to have up to 100% capacity. It's Disney that had been choosing 35 percent. If they increase to 50, they better also be planning to open more restaurants and attractions to absorb the added crowds....
Disney announced April 3. Typo?

What I was told is they are replacing the magnetic linear induction motors and repairing bad parts of the track. So once complete, it will be all new and a smoother ride.

Yeah, they used to replace the track pieces as needed, one by one but they decided while it was down to replace them all at once.

disney hasn’t announced anything. April 3 is just the current date on the calendar which has changed multiple times

Yeah, and it isn't even on the calendar as "X will open" it's just that "as of now" the maintenance is scheduled to go to that date. Definitely doesn't mean the ride would then open, there could be other work needed or just keep it down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter