People Say Were CrAzY!!!!!!!

majermom

majermom
So as we've had the opprotunity to share our Thanksgiving weekend plans (Disneyland), so many people think were CrAzY for flying from Michigan to California for JUST 3 days.
I guess it takes a huge Disney fan like us to to thinks it's totally worth it:thumbsup2
Do you have any CrAzY things you've done that has to do with anything Disney??? Please share your story, I'd love to know I'm not the only "crazy" one. I'll look forward to reading them when we get back:)

Toy Story Mania.... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I don't think that is crazy at all, but then again I am the type of person that would drop anything to go to Disney :goodvibes. The most craziest thing that DH and I did was we went to WDW on a whim this past June. My kids were spending a couple of weeks with their grandparents who live down state from us. As we were driving back home, DH said he wanted to go somewhere for the weekend. I was thinking locally so I was suggesting different places (maybe an hour or 2 from our home). DH didn't like any of those suggestions, so he then said lets go to WDW for a couple of nights. At first I thought he was kidding but then he said give them a call and start booking it. By the time we got home I had the room booked, got a great deal on flights, and had bought our tickets. All I needed to do was to book a couple of TS restaurants for us. We had the best time....BTW, our kids still to this day have no clue what we did :rotfl:.

A lot of people thought we were crazy to go to WDW with our 3 month old daughter. It is not something we would have ever intentionally planned, but I was going out there for a work conference and decided to make the most of it. In reality it was one of the best times to tour the parks, as our daughter slept so much and we were able to be out pretty late at night.

We live a 6 hr drive away, a few years ago we were at an A's game (having a great time) and we were playing the "what do you like better?" game, it turned into "what do you like better, a churro at the A's game or a churro at DL?" unanimous answer was DL so on the way home from the A's game (hour drive) I called and booked a hotel, we ran into the house and threw some PJ's and clothes in an overnight bag and off we went......got to Anaheim at about 3 am, hit the parks on Sunday and came home that night. Man, we were tired on Monday. LOL :)

My Disney loving family think I'm crazy for flying 500 miles to go to DLR alone. I love being there with all of them, but I loved being there all by myself as well.

We fly from Orlando to go to DL... And pay 3x as much because we aren't residents. Disney people get that but others think we're crazy. And I would fly from Orlando for 3 days at DL!!! ;)

Most everyone I know in real life thinks we go way too often: This year we did two Disney Cruises, Disneyworld, and Disneyland. Most people on this boards would say I don't go very often at all! LOL :)

Keurigirl said:
Most everyone I know in real life thinks we go way too often: This year we did two Disney Cruises, Disneyworld, and Disneyland. Most people on this boards would say I don't go very often at all! LOL :)

I'm in the same boat this year, Dec will be my fifth time at Disney since Oct 2011 (4 DL, one WDW) and there are a couple of friends I'm just not gonna tell about it. I don't want to hear the "you're going there AGAIN?!" speech. Oh and my favourite: "Isn't it for kids? Don't you get bored?" Ugh, don't you get bored of gambling in Vegas or laying on a beach in Mexico? At least my fellow DISers understand! :D

No good stories but i live in Howell if you could pick me up and take me with you!:rotfl2:

PoohsFan1 said:
We had the best time....BTW, our kids still to this day have no clue what we did :rotfl:.
I hear ya!
DH and I went to WDW on Spring Break while the kids were at Grandma's. We didn't tell anyone where we were going and had a great time planning in secret and doing the World at our pace rather than the kids. I think we had as much fun on that trip as we had on our kids-free Vegas trip... Maybe more!!

So as we've had the opprotunity to share our Thanksgiving weekend plans (Disneyland), so many people think were CrAzY for flying from Michigan to California for JUST 3 days.
I guess it takes a huge Disney fan like us to to thinks it's totally worth it:thumbsup2
Do you have any CrAzY things you've done that has to do with anything Disney??? Please share your story, I'd love to know I'm not the only "crazy" one. I'll look forward to reading them when we get back:)

Toy Story Mania.... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

We've been going to DL every other weekend for the past 2 years ... some people think we're a little nuts :confused3

oh .. and TSMM rocks!! :) (our scores from last weekend below)

EFF4230A-0AFF-439E-99CA-FA82B7546B55-13301-00000CD3DF382170.jpg

Don't think you are crazy at all....we were just at Disneyland in October and just booked a trip for Dec 23-29....although WDW is closer (and cheaper) for us because we live in Ontario Canada, we are in love with CarsLand and can't wait to see it decorated for Christmas!!!!!!!

Since you will see this when you get back...hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!!

So as we've had the opprotunity to share our Thanksgiving weekend plans (Disneyland), so many people think were CrAzY :thumbsup2 Toy Story Mania.... here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

You are but so are most of us on this board!:rotfl2: Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Most everyone I know in real life thinks we go way too often: This year we did two Disney Cruises, Disneyworld, and Disneyland. LOL :)

I am SOOOO jealous!!!!

My Disney loving family think I'm crazy for flying 500 miles to go to DLR alone. I love being there with all of them, but I loved being there all by myself as well.

:cool1: So much fun by yourself! I can't wait until my youngest is in college so I can go to WDW by myself! I am hoping for a trip to DL with or without her soon! We were :sad: going at the end of December but we are married to the basketball team until Feb. She has never been so it could be really fun - or a really drag if she complains too much.

We picked up cheap airfares and flying from Australia to Disneyland for 4 nights!! Now that is crazy!! 7 sleeps before we leave!!

A couple of weeks ago DH was offered a new job on a Monday, to start the following Monday. To celebrate he wanted to take a trip before he started. I was Looking local, and on Wednesday he said "let's go to WDW." At about 6 PM that night we had a 2PM flight booked for the next day and a room at the Dolphin, as it was the only hotel we could get for our family of 5. The kids were shocked and more than willing to finish up the rest of the week's homework on Wednesday. I didn't sleep very well that night, since what is typically at least 180 days of planning was all running through my head:)

The trip was great. It was the first time we saw any of the Christmas lights and now I want to return during this time of year again.

We picked up cheap airfares and flying from Australia to Disneyland for 4 nights!! Now that is crazy!! 7 sleeps before we leave!!

Yes, that is crazy....but I love it!!!!!! It's amazing the things we will do to get a Disney fix!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter