Personal Campfires?

just like tents and such, your personal fire pit/whatever you call it, (which as stated must be fully enclosed with mesh and have top and bottom) are only approved on the sand also (which is where the cooking firegrill provided by FTW is too of course) and they do enforce that . which is probably where you wanted it anyway based on setup but just letting you know. Depending on your rig and site and setup , you can run out of room fast. And the full force bans are frequent during about 8-9 months of the year. the propane fueled firepit counts the same too we found out last year when site next to us had to nix it

I figure I'd better be nice every so often. Trying not to get another thread locked down before next month. One thread locked per month should be my quota to shoot for.
Anyone wanna pull my finger?

Can you set up and burn tikki torches at the campsites? Just curious cuz they help keep the bugs away.

I was going to ask the same question regarding the tiki torches. On our last night/day at FW a couple of weeks ago, the people in the site across from us were burning at least 4 tiki torches even though there was a fire ban in effect (per the notice posted on the board at the CS). I was wondering if that was 'legal' - but didn't think to ask since we were on our way out. I'd love to bring some on our next visit (October) if they are allowed.

Here's a picture I took last weekend while I was lurking around Ftwildernessguy's shed.

Old%20Shed%20%201.jpg

Nice stalking Rhonda, but that is his house. The shed is east of there, near the outhouse.

You guys are too funny!:lmao:
Does the Fort have somewhere to buy wood for a fire pit?

No they do not sell wood. Unless something has changed, the only fire allowed is in the grill. In another thread I believe TCD posted the rules that are handed out at check-in. It said no fires.

You guys are too funny!:lmao:
Does the Fort have somewhere to buy wood for a fire pit?

No they do not sell wood. Unless something has changed, the only fire allowed is in the grill. In another thread I believe TCD posted the rules that are handed out at check-in. It said no fires.

Well, like a lot of things at the Fort, the rules about campfires are not entirely clear.

These are the rules as stated in the check in materials (the rules about fires are under the Public Notices column heading):

FWScan.jpg

But, although the Public Notices don't state so, fires in enclosed fire pits have been allowed at the Fort for years.

Here's a copy of a rather obtuse letter I received in my check in materials back in October, 2008:

0001.jpg

As with many communications from Fort management, this letter obviously was not proof-read, and we must guess at what we are supposed to do about artificial fire logs. But, personal campfires in enclosed fire pits are allowed.

Now, about buying firewood. . .

I think maybe you can buy firewood from Disney.

Check out this 2008 rate sheet:

ratesheet2.jpg

See the bottom part about renting things at the primitive camping area? They sell firewood to folks camping in the group camping area.

And, they do rent the tents and cots to campers in regular campsites who are willing to pay. So, maybe they will sell regular campers firewood too?

I'd say it's worth a phone call.

TCD

For $25 a half bin I think I will just walk over to the Chip & Dale campfire and leave my fire pit at home.;)
Thanks for the info TCD.

We burned pine cones and small sticks in our grill and roasted marshmellows one night when we were too tired to go to the campfire. And the guy next to us had a roaring fire in his grill at least two nights (just saying, not justifying -- my Dad's favorite saying was "two wrongs don't make a right" and I try to live by that). I thought I read through all the rules and I don't remember that one. I know we didn't get a letter like the one posted here. I'll remember next time.

We burned pine cones and small sticks in our grill and roasted marshmellows one night when we were too tired to go to the campfire. And the guy next to us had a roaring fire in his grill at least two nights (just saying, not justifying -- my Dad's favorite saying was "two wrongs don't make a right" and I try to live by that). I thought I read through all the rules and I don't remember that one. I know we didn't get a letter like the one posted here. I'll remember next time.

Don't sweat it.

I would estimate that I have over twenty Fort visits in the past three years, and I received that letter just the one time.

I always see folks burning wood in the grills.

TCD

A little while since anyone posted here but thought is share.

Last week we camped there and had our firepit with us. Small bowl with mesh too. We were quickly advised it wasn't approved and to let it burn out. Unfortunately we continued to add wood prolonging the fire burn out. Another ranger came by and they already knew we had been talked to. He advised us that you are flagged each time you get a warning. He also let us know that if the fire dept came by they could issue a fine of $200 to us. Furthermore should a fire lose containment and start a fire on the grounds that kills an animal then you are subject to felony charges since they are protected wildlife at the Fort. Needless to say we quickly dispose of our fire and ordered the appropriate fire pit when we got home.

Hopefully not off topic too much but do they grills vary per section, are they the same in Preferred as in Premium? Or do the Premium sites have better grills. Thanks.

I believe the grills vary. I know the grills in the partial loops are the kind that you would find at state parks, with the adjustable rack, I have seen, not sure what loops the same type of grill but it has a cover so you can close the top some. I seen a pic on here before, just not sure where. :confused3

Would someone be able to post another picture of an "approved" fire pit? Would love to take one with us but I want to make sure I get the right one. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter