Personal item carry on question

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
i was wondering something, if I’m lucky to snag one of the coveted SW bulkhead seats on my outbound flight which originates in dtw (so no passengers already aboard), would the flight crew make me remove my mini backpack (if i’m wearing it on my back) and put it in overhead, or can i get away with wearing it (it will have my iPad and stuff to keep me occupied on the flight)

This is the one i am referring to https://www.shopbentley.com/en/cata...ckpack-tracker-1019711/category/54/?color=347

Thanks!

yes, it is standard practice on ALL airlines that bulkhead seats, same as emergency exits are clear of personal items. The flight attendants usually reserve an overhead bin for bulkhead and emergency rows passengers.

You can’t even have a small purse on your lap. I know that is pretty basic knowledge to folks who fly regularly, but on our SWA flight last week the flight attendants had to repeatedly remind some passengers.

Once in flight, you can retrieve your backpack from the overhead bin, when the announcement is made. But, when the announcement is made that your flight has been cleared for landing, you will have to again stow all belongings. At that point, or before, you will need to place the backpack, as well as electronics larger than a tablet, in the overhead bin, again.

When I sit in the bulkhead, I carry a small crossbody that fits in the magazine/safety card pouches. That way I have important stuff nearby and not in the overhead bin.

They usually put the pre-board passengers in the front row. If there is a spot available, you can claim it. All bags will need to be put in the overhead for take off and landing. You can hold your bag during the flight. You can take out your Ipad before you take off and hold on to it.

Yes on SWA the front row is usually reserved for pre-board passengers and kids flying alone.

i was wondering something, if I’m lucky to snag one of the coveted SW bulkhead seats on my outbound flight which originates in dtw (so no passengers already aboard), would the flight crew make me remove my mini backpack (if i’m wearing it on my back) and put it in overhead, or can i get away with wearing it (it will have my iPad and stuff to keep me occupied on the flight)

This is the one i am referring to https://www.shopbentley.com/en/cata...ckpack-tracker-1019711/category/54/?color=347

Thanks!

This is why bulkheads are NOT that coveted. They aren't that desirable if you want easy access to bags during flights. They are NOT at all desirable if you are sitting on the aisle as every passenger comes in bumping you on the way back to their seat.

They ARE desirable if you continually get squished in the knees from people putting seats back in front of you. They ARE desirable if you cannot keep from kicking & pushing on the seat in front of you during a flight.

Pick your seat accordingly, do you want a bulkhead or do you want quick easy access to your stuff?

I was on the phone & my kids in front of me walked in and delighted to see row 1 open for the 3 of us. They snagged it, but I told them now their backpacks of fun stuff had to go up above, they weren't happy but chose not to move. It's all a matter of priority. I wouldn't choose it.

I had a bulkhead window seat my last trip to MCO. There were 2 older preboard folks in the aisle and center. I kept my iPad and headphones, water bottle, and a pen to do the puzzles in the magazine. When I ordered my drink, I told the FA I had a free drink coupon in my wallet in my bag (which was true) but she said don't worry about it!

Yes on SWA the front row is usually reserved for pre-board passengers and kids flying alone.
The front row is not reserved by any means for pre-boards. Pre-boards often take that first row, though (the only row they are prohibited from taking are the exit rows). I pre-board and usually leave the front row for passengers with less mobility. I haven't seen a UCM on SWA, but pre-boarding them and putting them in row 1 is a good plan.

The one time I had a bulkhead seat, I was able to stow my purse under my own seat, because the seat behind me was empty. But one can't count on that kind of luck everytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter