Personalized/Embroidered Ears?

laughinplace2

Mouseketeer
Hello-
Is there a place to get personalized Mickey ears in Disneyland? I know there are a few places that do it in Walt Disney World.....I am wanting to get our wedding date embroidered on the back of them.
Thanks!

Yes, most of the hat only places will embroider them, (Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, and one on Main St.) And a few of the larger stores will as well.

There is also a store in DCA on Buena Vista St as you enter the park on the left hand side.

Yes, most of the hat only places will embroider them, (Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, and one on Main St.) And a few of the larger stores will as well.

Also, if you get one of the "fancier" set of ears or hats, such as the Sorcerer Mickey hats with the ears, the store on Main St. will embroider those as well.

Thanks everyone. And will they do a date, or just names?

With the standard embroidery it's just names, but I've seen graduation hats with a month on them, so you may be able to do it with the premium embroidery. I'm not sure if those came from the park, they could be from disneystore.com, or someplace like Mouseplanet, who I know owns their own custom machine for doing ears.

The little hat store in Critter Country also does embroidery (near the Splash FP machines)

Yes you will have to get the premium embroidery. I think its $7 vs $3 but you get to pick your font and color which is nice. They will write more than the standard first name... including dates if you choose premium

Thanks everyone. And will they do a date, or just names?

For the most part, yes. There are certain things involving dates that cannot be done, but a generic 'this is when I'm visiting' date or the year wouldn't be a problem. Numbers are only available with the premium embroidery which will be $7.

Does anyone know the current price of basic ears?

Should be the same price as Disneystore.com. Basic single-color ear hats are $13.95. Only the black basic hats are available online.

http://www.disneystore.com/accessor...ts/disney-parks-authentic/mn/1000292+1000809/

As far as the embroidery goes, the $3 is only for a basic script name. I suppose that means no dashes or numbers, since the embroidery equipment isn't programmed to handle trying to connect numbers or symbols.

Still - I remember when embroidery was included with the price, and it was done by someone trained to guide the machine by hand. I bought a bucket hat back in 2003, and it looked really nice. These days it looks just a little too perfect for my tastes.

We got ours done at the Disney Store in Downtown Disney. Didn't get the year on it though, which was a shame in hindsight. We will have to do that next year :)

The place on Buena Vista Street in DCA that does this is Five and Dime. I got some really cute black lace-covered ears with polka dots, feathers, roses, lace veils, etc., for my daughter and her roommates. The ladies there were SUPER nice, and they embroidered each girl's name on the ears in red. They shipped them directly to my daughter, and even packed special "I'm Celebrating" ears that they wrote each girl's name on as an extra surprise!

I can't remember exact prices, but total with embroidery, tax and shipping was around $100 (the ears were quite fancy, though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter