Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! To number 4

As for number 3, family pow wow or not, people who just come to a sudden halt with no warning are hazzard!

I haven't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned, but standing in a crowded CS to place an order and the people who have been whining about how long they have been waiting get to the cashier and then turn to the rest of their party to ask "What are you having ...?" :mad:

>_< that's another one. i can't stand people who complain about waiting in line, but take 20 minutes to make a decision about something. everytime i see somebody complaining about a wait time, i always am tempted to tell them to visit Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey.. i haven't been there in a while, but the last time i was there, i waited 5 and a half hours for a ride, no joke, AND two riots broke out.

Amen! They need to not get so offended when they stop suddenly in front of me and I just push on through them.

I will usually make a scene about this one. Like getting up as they start to walk away and I take all of their garbage to the trash while saying loud enough for them and others to hear "It's okay. It's okay. I'll get your trash." Or as they are walking away I might ask them "Are you really going to leave that stuff there?" I love seeing them act like they do not speak English and try to get away as fast as they can before their embarrassed any further when I just heard them speaking decent/perfect English 5 minutes prior.

All you do is dirty looks? :confused: Try calling them out on it so others can hear. Trust me, you're not the only one thinking it. The others in line are the same as you. They wouldn't dream of cutting line and get irritated by those that do. How do I know? Because they are in line with you. :) Societies complacency at this type of behavior is how we got into this mess at the parks. "Why do you let it bother you?" is the most common comment I hear. But that usually comes from someone that would get just as ticked off at the stuff as me.

Well no, dirty looks is not all that happens. I'm the person who will also try to take up as much space as possible so that no one can pass through. I never make a comment to someone directly, but I'll always say something to whoever I'm with at the time JUST loud enough so the person being annoying can hear. I do that with EVERYTHING.
OMG and ANOTHER thing I can't stand. I'm a photographer, so when I travel, I not only take the normal vacation portraits, but I take TONS of artistic shots, and people seem to find my rather large camera/ equipment invisible and will walk right in front of me.

Thanks everyone for the tips!!:thumbsup2 I have never tried the baking soda thing, I should give it a whirl. I have a job at the local Taco Bell and I change my shirt at least 3 times during a shift. The problem I have in Disney is that I get all wrapped up with the ambiance of the theme parks that I forget about my body odor problem. Its only when I am by myself that I forget about the issue, when I travel with mother she will tell me instantly and then I will fix the problem. In hind sight I should be more considerate of others.

Thanks again :banana:

Tito

"Someday my Princess will come" Tito Johnston

titodis.jpg

But what about your horrible photoshopping skills? Based upon what you've shown us here, that's a much bigger issue and where you should concentrate your efforts. My four year old could do a better job photoshopping a t-shirt and mickey ears. Tsk, tsk.

I have to agree with the playing video games in the line or at the dinner table. I understand there are *special* circumstances, but the majority of the kids doing don't have special needs. It's the same as having to watch your in-car DVD player while driving around town.

Kids need to experience being bored. They need to learn how to sit at a table and wait. Or stand in a line and wait. Or ride in a car. Children are not born knowing how to do this, and they need to be taught.

As a teacher, I have dealt with many kids who can't sit still or pay attention long enough to get through a lesson. Many of these kids were also the ones "hooked" on video games. It really can cause significant problems later in life. And if you're kid can't stand to be "bored" for 30 minutes at Disney, how will they ever learn to sit through a "boring" meeting at work or a "boring" lesson at schoool?!?

Does this include adults? :) I only ask becasue I will be taking my tablet to tether to the 4G on my cell for attending a couple of my online college classes. That is unless I can get my Academic Advisor to schedule my classes around my vacation next year. It might be possible but if he can't then I am going to have to participate in my classes while my family is finishing eating and during other times that I have to sit and wait for a while. Trust me, I'd rather not do that but if I have to then I have to. We did tell our daughter to unplug during the last trip. Her friends did not need to see her checking in everywhere in WDW. ;)

>_< that's another one. i can't stand people who complain about waiting in line, but take 20 minutes to make a decision about something.

This is going to sound really bad to some people but I print out all of the menu's before the trip and when we decide what we want I have everyone look at the menus and decide before we get there so we aren't wasting our time or other people's time by being all wimbley at the checkout. I hate the indecision of others too but it gets really annoying listening to them complain right before they all start making their own decisions. I plan on putting all of the menu's on my tablet for our next trip. ;)

Well no, dirty looks is not all that happens. I'm the person who will also try to take up as much space as possible so that no one can pass through.

I'll flat out tell them no. They aren't getting past me. I figure if the little kids are old enough for the parents to send them for FPs then the kids are old enough to ride seperate or wait at the exit for their parents. I've heard people clapping for me before because I refuse to allow these cutters through. Of course I've also had people cuss me out for it too. :mad:

Does this include adults? :) I only ask becasue I will be taking my tablet to tether to the 4G on my cell for attending a couple of my online college classes. That is unless I can get my Academic Advisor to schedule my classes around my vacation next year. It might be possible but if he can't then I am going to have to participate in my classes while my family is finishing eating and during other times that I have to sit and wait for a while. Trust me, I'd rather not do that but if I have to then I have to. We did tell our daughter to unplug during the last trip. Her friends did not need to see her checking in everywhere in WDW. ;)

I think we both know those kids aren't doing school work ;)

This is going to sound really bad to some people but I print out all of the menu's before the trip and when we decide what we want I have everyone look at the menus and decide before we get there so we aren't wasting our time or other people's time by being all wimbley at the checkout. I hate the indecision of others too but it gets really annoying listening to them complain right before they all start making their own decisions. I plan on putting all of the menu's on my tablet for our next trip. ;)

I'll flat out tell them no. They aren't getting past me. I figure if the little kids are old enough for the parents to send them for FPs then the kids are old enough to ride seperate or wait at the exit for their parents. I've heard people clapping for me before because I refuse to allow these cutters through. Of course I've also had people cuss me out for it too. :mad:

I hate waiting for food too, but I use lines at QS locations to my advantage. I'll usually look at the menus before the trip so I have a general idea of what I'm most likely going to eat. If i change my mind while I'm there, instead of complaining, I will look at the menu and quickly decide what I want. Same goes for whoever is traveling with me. See, yeah I don't say anything to them directly. I'll usually just be obnoxious about it lol. I'll have a conversation with a friend I'm vacationing with and make obvious comments about line cutting or about how we have waited mass amounts of hours for rides and that if people can't handle a 20 minute line for a ride, they need to leave.

My pet peeves at WDW are rowdy drunk adults that you sometimes encounter at Epcot/World Showcase.

Also, parents who do not watch or discipline their kids who are running around bothering others in lines or restaurants, or one nightmare experience I had while watching Wishes. The kids were atrocious, but the parents were worse-just sat there looking at me saying "Well, what would you like me to do?" as one was blowing bubbles in my face and the other was whacking my DF with his pirate's sword :scared:

I was saying that you doing your schoolwork on the computer doesn't really compare to kids playing video games.

That's not what I was getting at myself. I was speaking more to the issue of having an electronic device out and being "plugged in" while on vacation regardless of what it is being used for. And it was more of a tongue in cheek comment anyway.

Here's one...
And here are a few Disboards pet peeves...
It's buses, not busses. (I'm a teacher and I'm amazed at the number of my co-workers who can't spell buses.)
Kerri
Well busses is a word but it means something totally different from buses. Be nice if people would use the right word.

Is there any reason that you cannot go around them? Why do they have to get out of your way? Are you a member of Royalty? You can see them from way back...why would that be a problem? Do you suppose that they are standing there just to "erk" you?

I'm sorry, too many questions. I have stopped in a pathway many times. Usually it was because I just discovered that I was going the wrong way, or wasn't sure where I was or, save me for this one, I stopped to look at something that Disney had placed there to look at. My theory is that there is NOT one single person that has ever visited a theme park that didn't do that stop and look thing. The problem is that we are not aware that we are doing anything wrong...just that others shouldn't get in our way.
I'm not the OP but because if I try to go around them I will drive off the curb or into a wall of a building or even worse run over your feet with a 250 pound wheelchair.

Well busses is a word but it means something totally different from buses. Be nice if people would use the right word.

Actually it is the exact same word. ;)

bus

1    /bʌs/ Show Spelled [buhs] Show IPA noun, plural bus·es,bus·ses, verb, bused or bussed, bus·ing or bus·sing.
noun 1. a large motor vehicle, having a long body, equipped with seats or benches for passengers, usually operating as part of a scheduled service; omnibus.

2. a similar horse-drawn vehicle.

3. a passenger automobile or airplane used in a manner resembling that of a bus.

4. any vehicle operated to transport children to school.

5. a low, movable filing cabinet.

How about a pet peeve of the Disboard? People who criticize the posts for spelling and punctuation errors. It only makes the person doing the citicizing look petty. Not all of us are teachers, or perfect spellers. And as shown, many words have more than one acceptable spelling.

Whenever I see posts correcting spelling I always think that poster has run out of ways to make their point, so they have lowered themselves to the level of a spell checker. It doesn't make anyone look smart or helpful. JMO.

I do the same exact thing!! Mostly to get pricing/budget info though, but I know I am the indecisive one and if I don't pick out what I want ahead of time I will be in line all day, just to pick out a burger and fries.... :laughing:

The only things that bother me are:

- the adults who sing along at some of the shows (no, you don't sound like Ariel!!!! lol)
- someone who tapes the whole attraction while using their viewfinder. It's such a distraction to have the bright light being exposed in a dark room while you are trying to enjoy the ride/attraction.

I would guess the only thing that drives me nuts is the parents who
put leashes on their kids.90% of the time the kid is on one side of
the street while the parent is on the other nearly decapitating
everyone walking down the middle.:scared1:

I would guess the only thing that drives me nuts is the parents who
put leashes on their kids.90% of the time the kid is on one side of
the street while the parent is on the other nearly decapitating
everyone walking down the middle.:scared1:

Wow! That's a long leash. Is Pluto running around loose somewhere?

excuse me but i have seen them at mk ,maybe im exaggerating a bit on the
length but the ones iv seen have been very long and have seen people trip
over these things.

Oh, I don't doubt you have seen them. It just sounds like the parents are using a modified length like those retractable ones that people use to walk their dogs. I hate those things. Keep your dang dog (or kid at WDW ;)) next to you. The 3 feet of leash they come with should be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter