• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were getting sympathy until you said you wished an affliction on certain other people because they may not treat you with the respect you want, or deserve. It really makes me wonder about people who think in such a way.

I understand where you are coming from, but I was in no way wishing a tumor on anyone ( I re-read my comment and see how it could be misconstrued).I only wish (vindictively admittedly) they get fat. For ANY reason. I want them to see what it's like to be prejudged based solely on their looks ans the fact they need a device to help them (ie wheelchair/ecv). I know it's mean, but I can't help it.

How i wish there was a like button...

I am another for don't like when people just stop in front of you.

I also don't like that people act as if they are the only one there and feel as if they can get infront of you.

I dislike, no I hate being in line for the tram. and people run from the parking lot and jump in front of you because they didn't want to wait.

I dislike the melt down kids that hold up lines because the parents don't want to leave the park.

I dislike that when people are done with their food they just get up and leave trash. Like a people have nothing better to do then clean up after you?!?

I will say I do enjoy watching people being asked to leave on nights they have party's. I don't know why i take pleasure in that. But last year I watch 4 officers take out a whole family that wouldn't leave when asked.

I dislike....

1) People that stop in front of you.
2) People that leave their strollers in random spots, instead of the marked locations.
3) People that skip in line.

I also dislike when people stop in front of you
And I dislike when people walk in huge groups or even 4 or 5 people wide and walk slow and do not let you get around them.
My new pet peeve is the large tour groups who have been at the parks lately from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc. They, for the most part, have been very rude and obnoxious. And I'm not just talking about the kids in the groups. The chaperones have been just as rude. I saw a little boy get pushed out of the way by one of these teenagers as he was about to get on a bus and then the adult who was supposed to be supervising LAUGHED! Also, I don't want to hear 100 Brazilian kids clapping and chanting while I'm waiting on a long line for a ride with them. So annoying!!
I also hate when people get off of a line and then decide to get back on after a couple minutes and think they can just go back to the part of the line they were originally waiting for.
I also dislike people who push and shove to get on a bus or the monorail or people who WALK through the handicapped entrance to the bus line and right on to the bus at the parks when the bus corrals are full and most of us have seen at least two buses come and go and we're still not on.

I'm sure I have more but that's all I can think of right now. LOL

i dont like large tour groups also when people cut me off while im walking, i walk at a pretty swift pace and can usually avoid hitting them but in doing that i nearly fall over and when people use bad language (as a 17 year old boy i know that's really weird but i hate when people use it in public places around a bunch of small children)

I have 4 pet peeves:

1. I have a mother who has a legitimate reason for being in a wheelchair and I hate it when we go into the restroom and have to wait for the handicap stall because I child is in it, a teenager or even an adult. When they come out they look at us and make a comment. Some comments made, "is that a real wheelchair (no it's a figment of your imagination), or my daughter (if it is a child) doesn't like going in the regular stalls. Why, you teach her that. OR if we are trying to use the family bathroom and it is occupied and out walks 1 child. Really?! Remember one day you may be in a wheelchair and lets see how you can manage. I had to be one for 2 days and let me tell you you get a whole new prespective on how those in a wheelchair are treated.

If you are talking the stalls in the regular restroom, you need to keep in mind they are not reserved for people in wheelchairs. Some use them because they have the bars which help them get up and down. But no one has to have a real need to use them, they are not supposed to go empty if there is a line, just because no one in the line has a wheelchair. Now, if someone sees you with the chair and lets you cut to use it, that is fine. But it is not like a handicapped parking space that is reserved for disabled guests only. It is fair game.

My pet peeve is that every time we plan a trip and I come on this board to check out what's new at the parks someone has started ANOTHER thread about pet peeves. You're on VACATION...it just seems like rather than complaining about others we could just ignore their rudeness and just HAVE FUN! Yes, some people will stop in front of you etc. Some will rent ecv's and wheelchairs because they think it will get them front of the line access (it won't), and some are snippy and rude and some cut in line...but this kind of stuff doesn't just happen at Disney, it's everywhere. People are not as polite as they used to be. Try to ignore it and have a good time. :thumbsup2

And, yes. I look able bodied but I use the handicap stall. If you have to wait, I'm sorry. I often wait for it to be empty too, but a regular stall is too low and I need the bars, especially if I am having a bad knee day...so please don't judge.

My pet peeve is that every time we plan a trip and I come on this board to check out what's new at the parks someone has started ANOTHER thread about pet peeves. You're on VACATION...it just seems like rather than complaining about others we could just ignore their rudeness and just HAVE FUN! Yes, some people will stop in front of you etc. Some will rent ecv's and wheelchairs because they think it will get them front of the line access (it won't), and some are snippy and rude and some cut in line...but this kind of stuff doesn't just happen at Disney, it's everywhere. People are not as polite as they used to be. Try to ignore it and have a good time. :thumbsup2

And, yes. I look able bodied but I use the handicap stall. If you have to wait, I'm sorry. I often wait for it to be empty too, but a regular stall is too low and I need the bars, especially if I am having a bad knee day...so please don't judge.

I understand it completely. Life is stressful and annoying. Sometimes people just feel like venting. It doesn't mean they spend their vacation time complaining or not enjoying themselves or not having fun.

If this kind of thread bothers you or you just don't feel in the mood for it or want to vent yourself then don't read it that day (or any day if it's just not your thing).

I have 4 pet peeves:

1. I have a mother who has a legitimate reason for being in a wheelchair and I hate it when we go into the restroom and have to wait for the handicap stall because I child is in it, a teenager or even an adult. When they come out they look at us and make a comment. Some comments made, "is that a real wheelchair (no it's a figment of your imagination), or my daughter (if it is a child) doesn't like going in the regular stalls. Why, you teach her that. OR if we are trying to use the family bathroom and it is occupied and out walks 1 child. Really?! Remember one day you may be in a wheelchair and lets see how you can manage. I had to be one for 2 days and let me tell you you get a whole new prespective on how those in a wheelchair are treated.

If you are talking the stalls in the regular restroom, you need to keep in mind they are not reserved for people in wheelchairs. Some use them because they have the bars which help them get up and down. But no one has to have a real need to use them, they are not supposed to go empty if there is a line, just because no one in the line has a wheelchair. Now, if someone sees you with the chair and lets you cut to use it, that is fine. But it is not like a handicapped parking space that is reserved for disabled guests only. It is fair game.

Agreed- you don't have to be in a wheelchair to use a handicapped stall. (As for the people who "don't like regular stalls," there actually are conditions that make it physically difficult for people to pee if they feel crowded or otherwise like people are bothering them. I know because I, like 7% of the population, have such an issue- it's called paruresis, and the extra space in the handicapped stall can mean the difference between being able to use the restroom and being stuck with a full bladder all day until returning to the hotel.) Like so many people say all over these boards, lots of people have conditions that you don't know about just by looking at a person, so don't get mad at people for using a facility that is freely available to everyone.

Agreed- you don't have to be in a wheelchair to use a handicapped stall. (As for the people who "don't like regular stalls," there actually are conditions that make it physically difficult for people to pee if they feel crowded or otherwise like people are bothering them. I know because I, like 7% of the population, have such an issue- it's called paruresis, and the extra space in the handicapped stall can mean the difference between being able to use the restroom and being stuck with a full bladder all day until returning to the hotel.) Like so many people say all over these boards, lots of people have conditions that you don't know about just by looking at a person, so don't get mad at people for using a facility that is freely available to everyone.

:worship:

Thank You!

2. Badly behaved children. I have a child and guess what he behaves. He does NOT have tantrums. He does NOT scream and act like a fool. Why you ask? Because we raised him to know that this behavior is UNACCEPTABLE at home or in public.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had one of those too. Then his twins sisters were born. :rotfl: Alas, my perfect kid record was broken.

Don't get me wrong, I do totally understand what your point is. Also, no matter how good or consistent a parent you are- some kids just are what they are. Some have emotional or mental behavioral challenges. Some perfect angels :littleangel: just have a break down with all the excitement and stresses of being in the parks. Even fantastic parents can have kids who do have tantrums, scream or act nuts.

Fault the parent when they do not RESPOND to that behavior appropriately. It's really hard to judge based on limited interaction (now if you are traveling with family and know the deets of how they raise kids, that's another thing)

Fault the parent when they do not RESPOND to that behavior appropriately.

Amen!! :littleangel: Sometimes I feel like smacking the parent who just sits there with a dumb smile on their face(s) while their kid(s) run around like wild heathens. Not just running around and having a good time, but running into crowds, getting into your stuff and trying to run off with it (yes, this has happened to us on more than one occasion), etc...

I am going to respond to those that have contacted me regarding what I wrote about the handicap stalls in the bathrooms.

I realize that the stalls in the restrooms that can accommodate wheelchairs also help those not in a wheelchair. What my pet peeve is for those people who use those stalls to change their clothes if they have come off Kali River or Splash Mountain or if they are changing from jeans to shorts, those are the people I have an issue with. As for the family bathrooms, since 1 person is considered a family? Or when 2 teenage girls laughing because they don't want to stand in line. The family bathroom is not only for those in a wheelchair, it is for those parents who have small children who can't send in their child to bathroom alone. Or it is for a single father making sure his young child is safe while going to the bathroom.

All I am saying is think, be considerate and realize actions have consequences and think of others around you.

I am going to respond to those that have contacted me regarding what I wrote about the handicap stalls in the bathrooms.

I realize that the stalls in the restrooms that can accommodate wheelchairs also help those not in a wheelchair. What my pet peeve is for those people who use those stalls to change their clothes if they have come off Kali River or Splash Mountain or if they are changing from jeans to shorts, those are the people I have an issue with. As for the family bathrooms, since 1 person is considered a family? Or when 2 teenage girls laughing because they don't want to stand in line. The family bathroom is not only for those in a wheelchair, it is for those parents who have small children who can't send in their child to bathroom alone. Or it is for a single father making sure his young child is safe while going to the bathroom.

All I am saying is think, be considerate and realize actions have consequences and think of others around you.

I agree with what your saying, except for the changing part. I've never changed for a ride, but for a party, into a party outfit. I've spent many times in my lifetime changing in public restrooms for random reasons and if the regular stalls were bigger, I wouldn't have to use the handicap stall. Some places the stalls are big enough to change in, but NOT at WDW. I can change shoes and freshen up in a regular stall, but if I'm changing into new clothes, I need more space. It's not being rude or inconsiderate, it's just a what some people have to do. :goodvibes

Once again the entitlement issue is raised. Why should a family bathroom or a handicap enabled stall remain unused when there is a line of apparently healthy, unencumbered or giggling teenaged girls waiting to use the bathroom or change their clothes. I would suggest that those facilities are fair game to those standing there until the people for whom they were designed show up, and then that person(s) can WAIT :scared1: until it is vacated and proceed to their business. You should not expect the stall to be left vacant for you.

You may be horrified to learn that my 2 very healthy daughters and I were assigned a handicap designated room at POP last Dec. Why? There were no available rooms (insert stalls) and no handicapped person was there before us. BTW we quite enjoyed the extra space.

Once again the entitlement issue is raised. Why should a family bathroom or a handicap enabled stall remain unused when there is a line of apparently healthy, unencumbered or giggling teenaged girls waiting to use the bathroom or change their clothes. I would suggest that those facilities are fair game to those standing there until the people for whom they were designed show up, and then that person(s) can WAIT :scared1: until it is vacated and proceed to their business. You should not expect the stall to be left vacant for you.

You may be horrified to learn that my 2 very healthy daughters and I were assigned a handicap designated room at POP last Dec. Why? There were no available rooms (insert stalls) and no handicapped person was there before us. BTW we quite enjoyed the extra space.

I like your idea of "first come, first served" but I don't think it will ever catch on. ;)

People who will run over you with strollers (I have no issue w/ strollers just those who try to run me down ;))

Line Cutters--especially the teenage kind where more and more friends just keep coming!

Rude, rude people who display no manners with characters and just act oblivious to lines --such as foreigners who "pretend" they don't understand.

Yup!!! I always say, "It's a stroller...NOT a weapon!!!"

I would suggest that those facilities are fair game to those standing there until the people for whom they were designed show up, and then that person(s) can WAIT :scared1: until it is vacated and proceed to their business. You should not expect the stall to be left vacant for you.

Just a slight modification on that theme. No I don't think that a handicapped stall should be left vacant when there is no one there to use it. BUT...if such a person should arrive they should be given first in line, after whomever is using it is finished. They have no alternatives...able bodied people do. It is only common courtesy and considerate behavior. When no one is there that absolutely has to use that facility, then it should be, and is open for anyone's use. It is there because it is the only place with access.

Lol, I don't know if this one has been mentioned or not by someone else because I didn't go through the whole thread, but here's mine:

Last trip, we were exiting EPCOT after EMH in the evening and my husband and encountered a family of three with their arms linked. Since it was crowded, my husband and I attempted to dodge this family who definitely saw us, since they looked right at us, but MOWED us over and remained linked together. I managed to get out of the way after being pushed several feet by them, but my husband ended up getting carried away 20 feet or so by them because they refused to let him go by. They just kept pushing right ahead and would not unlink!

So really, I guess my pet peeve is that. Exactly that. People who arm link and refuse to unlink their arms to let others go by in tight spaces. It's rude.

Lol, I don't know if this one has been mentioned or not by someone else because I didn't go through the whole thread, but here's mine:

Last trip, we were exiting EPCOT after EMH in the evening and my husband and encountered a family of three with their arms linked. Since it was crowded, my husband and I attempted to dodge this family who definitely saw us, since they looked right at us, but MOWED us over and remained linked together. I managed to get out of the way after being pushed several feet by them, but my husband ended up getting carried away 20 feet or so by them because they refused to let him go by. They just kept pushing right ahead and would not unlink!

So really, I guess my pet peeve is that. Exactly that. People who arm link and refuse to unlink their arms to let others go by in tight spaces. It's rude.

I have never been an advocate of violence but I think that would have triggered a dark side of me, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter