Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people use strollers as assault vehicles.

People who talk through the entire ride or show. Why? :confused: Just stay outside and have your conversation there instead of disturbing everyone else please.

Parents who equate being at WDW with not having to parent. Your children running down the hotel corridors at 6:30am are not charming :sad2: Your children bumping into my back over and over throughout the course of the queue are not adorable; once or twice? Excusable. 50 times? You need to parent please!

I have never been an advocate of violence but I think that would have triggered a dark side of me, big time.

LOL yeah, I mean I am not an advocate of violence either but I did say "Really?" to them, because that was just ridiculous. It was like being swept away by a river. I even said "Oh, excuse me" politely and they still kept ramming me down. I was really angry about it, to say the least.

Lol, I don't know if this one has been mentioned or not by someone else because I didn't go through the whole thread, but here's mine:

Last trip, we were exiting EPCOT after EMH in the evening and my husband and encountered a family of three with their arms linked. Since it was crowded, my husband and I attempted to dodge this family who definitely saw us, since they looked right at us, but MOWED us over and remained linked together. I managed to get out of the way after being pushed several feet by them, but my husband ended up getting carried away 20 feet or so by them because they refused to let him go by. They just kept pushing right ahead and would not unlink!

So really, I guess my pet peeve is that. Exactly that. People who arm link and refuse to unlink their arms to let others go by in tight spaces. It's rude.

Oh no, that wouldn't be happening with me. All those 2 a days in football camp back in the day would be paying off again in that situation. ;)
I can see why you'd me mad about that one.

Just a slight modification on that theme. No I don't think that a handicapped stall should be left vacant when there is no one there to use it. BUT...if such a person should arrive they should be given first in line, after whomever is using it is finished. They have no alternatives...able bodied people do. It is only common courtesy and considerate behavior. When no one is there that absolutely has to use that facility, then it should be, and is open for anyone's use. It is there because it is the only place with access.

:thumbsup2 Precisely why I wrote "fair game to those standing there until the people for whom they were designed show up"

Not sure it's been said....but Disney Buses!!!!

I make my 6 year old and 8 year old sit on mine and my 15 year old's lap. Occupying only 2 seats if we are lucky enough to sit on the bus. That being said, if a parent with an infant or young toddler came on the bus, we would gladly give up our seat(s).

I remember the days seeing 3 and 4 year old's in their own seats....while I stood with my 2 year old in my arms, the 4 year old in reach and my 11 year old standing trying to manage the stroller, bless his heart!!! Really parents? Pick up your kids at let some others sit!!!!

I'm over the buses. I prefer to drive where I'm going.

After reading much of this thread, rather than posting my pet peeves, I am compelled to apologize for being the cause of other people's pet peeves (either intentional or unintentional). Nobody is perfect, but it will feel good to get this off my chest! While I am peeved with most of the pet peeves, I can recall several times where I have caused these situations:

-Stopping in the middle of the walkway to take in all of the magical surroundings (and subsequently being run into by the person behind me...typically my husband)

-Cutting off people with strollers/ wheelchairs (I do get my ankles hit every so often)

-Not moving to the end of the row - yes, this is egregious, but I have moved to the end of the row so many times that every so often I want to be in the middle to have a good view (I have now learned to stay as far back in the "holding tank" as possible and will let other people go in before me)

-Crowding others in wider lines trying to squeeze my way a little closer - although most times I must admit that I do this because the people in front of me are not filling in all the available space e.g. the far left side of the Haunted Mansion line

-Swearing in front of children, and even worse - debating with my husband in line to see Cinderella how the cast member controlling the line was also Cinderella. I feel really terrible about this one. I even asked the CM if she was also Cinderella loud enough for the children behind us to hear. When she calmly answered "I am a friend of a Cinderella." and glanced to the children behind us, I felt a lump drop in my stomach about what I had just said. I hope to this day that I didn't ruin the magic for those children.

My husband often scolds me for being absentminded and inconsiderate at times. I am not proud of my actions and I apologize for them. I also want to thank my hubby for keeping me grounded and keeping me in line. :worship:

I do wish to note, that I DO NOT do the following:
-use flash photography on dark rides
-texting while walking
-intentionally cutting lines

Hubby and I are currently expecting our first child, who I can't wait to take to Disney! My hopes are to raise him/her to be more considerate than his/her mother. Now that hubby and I will no longer be traveling as a couple, I am sure I will gain a greater appreciation for all you patient moms and dads out there!

My two biggest pet peeves are:

1. The lack of any real TV stations in the rooms. The 3 broadcast networks, the weather channel, a bunch of ESPNs and Disney channels and that appliance guy commercial channel. A movie channel, TNT, TBS or on demand option would be awesome.

2. The lack of resort to resort transportation. If DTD is going to be the hub something should be done about the horrendous bus service to and from DTD.

I'm glad you said it, because I was thinking it. Plus what's wrong with someone thinking you're gay? It's not like wearing a sign that says you're a pedophile or something.

Yeah, about as subtle as a T-Rex.

Hmm, according to the unwritten law of discussion forums your comment will likely be followed either by some version of:

"But I'm friends with one of them!"

or

"Stop being intolerant of my intolerance!"

:surfweb:

I'm afraid if I wear a pink shirt, someone might think I have or had breast cancer.;):rotfl:

I just thought of one...People who scream on HM, especially teenagers and especially repeated screaming.

I video taped a teenage group once disturbing the heck of some young kids by doing this. So rude. I need to youtube it.

If the ride scares you so much you feel the need to scream the whole time, please don't ride it...

When people use strollers as assault vehicles.

People who talk through the entire ride or show. Why? :confused: Just stay outside and have your conversation there instead of disturbing everyone else please.

Parents who equate being at WDW with not having to parent. Your children running down the hotel corridors at 6:30am are not charming :sad2: Your children bumping into my back over and over throughout the course of the queue are not adorable; once or twice? Excusable. 50 times? You need to parent please!

I remember being in a queue once, I kept getting bumped by kids. I went to reach for my spray fan because I was getting hot (and angry, frankly) and as my elbow moved back, some kid got it in the face as he was standing RIGHT behind me. Not hard, no bruise or blood or anything. The look on that kids face was priceless... I was kind of afraid of what everyone else would think, being an accident, but they just smiled at me and I heard one or two mutter "Thats a pretty good reason to keep a gap."

Flash photography.
Not moving all the way to the end of the row filling in all the available spaces- if you want the middle seating area then let others move in first and find a suitable filled row.

Unless someone is being extremely rude or obnoxious I tend to be in my own little bubble ignoring the bad habits of other guests:rolleyes1

I don't like people who just stop in front of you instead of going to the side. I don't run into many of the "I will walk straight ahead and see if you move out of my way people" or line cutters as I'm 6'2" and 290lb power lifter. Most of the time they part way for me or don't attempt to cut the line when they get to me.

-Swearing in front of children, and even worse - debating with my husband in line to see Cinderella how the cast member controlling the line was also Cinderella. I feel really terrible about this one. I even asked the CM if she was also Cinderella loud enough for the children behind us to hear. When she calmly answered "I am a friend of a Cinderella." and glanced to the children behind us, I felt a lump drop in my stomach about what I had just said. I hope to this day that I didn't ruin the magic for those children.
You know.. I've read/heard this... But I have yet to notice it with some of the face characters I've seen!

My two biggest pet peeves are:

1. The lack of any real TV stations in the rooms. The 3 broadcast networks, the weather channel, a bunch of ESPNs and Disney channels and that appliance guy commercial channel. A movie channel, TNT, TBS or on demand option would be awesome.

2. The lack of resort to resort transportation. If DTD is going to be the hub something should be done about the horrendous bus service to and from DTD.

Mhm! Movie channel, yes. And the DTD thing, I agree with too. Though, I'll say that I wouldn't want to be the one planning/controlling the Disney buses... as its probably a pain. So... for what it is, it's not bad! (and, don't buses connect 3 of the parks? DTD, Epcot.. and AK? I don't remember.. it's in a thread here somewhere..)

And something I've really tried to leave alone... why all the attack on the guy who posted about the red shirt? All he said was he showed up on a day where it seemed to be a Pride-esque gathering, and was wearing the color that was being associated with it. Doesn't matter if you are anti-or-pro ANY cause, if you don't expect to be wearing the colors of a meet, and everyone assumes you are, it's awkward. Doesn't mean he's homophobic, or anything. I imagine if someone with a pretty green mickey head stumbled into a group of us DiSers... it'd be awkward for a second, as well.

You know.. I've read/heard this... But I have yet to notice it with some of the face characters I've seen!

Mhm! Movie channel, yes. And the DTD thing, I agree with too. Though, I'll say that I wouldn't want to be the one planning/controlling the Disney buses... as its probably a pain. So... for what it is, it's not bad! (and, don't buses connect 3 of the parks? DTD, Epcot.. and AK? I don't remember.. it's in a thread here somewhere..)

And something I've really tried to leave alone... why all the attack on the guy who posted about the red shirt? All he said was he showed up on a day where it seemed to be a Pride-esque gathering, and was wearing the color that was being associated with it. Doesn't matter if you are anti-or-pro ANY cause, if you don't expect to be wearing the colors of a meet, and everyone assumes you are, it's awkward. Doesn't mean he's homophobic, or anything. I imagine if someone with a pretty green mickey head stumbled into a group of us DiSers... it'd be awkward for a second, as well.

Great point. :thumbsup2 That being said, I would be putting on your Nomex fire suit right about now, because the flames are coming...

I imagine if someone with a pretty green mickey head stumbled into a group of us DiSers... it'd be awkward for a second, as well.

and then we'd convert them. :rotfl2:

I had forgotten about the lack of channels in the rooms - good point! I would be happy with a Disney movie channel. Maybe the licensing fees are just too high. :confused3

Great point. :thumbsup2 That being said, I would be putting on your Nomex fire suit right about now, because the flames are coming...

Hmm. Well, I'm still technically a newbie, and have managed to not get flamed yet. Maybe it's well overdue? :rotfl:

Or, is it best edited out and left alone, you think?

and then we'd convert them. :rotfl2:

I had forgotten about the lack of channels in the rooms - good point! I would be happy with a Disney movie channel. Maybe the licensing fees are just too high. :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl: Yup. Probably. Guess that doesn't help my comparison, huh?

Yeah. We were a little confused that Disney didn't have a pay per view type option.

Granted, we didn't spend much time in the rooms, but DH likes to watch TV before bed to wind down, or listen to it or the radio while we're falling asleep.

My pet peeve is people who have pet peeves and get all peeved when the pet peeve is committed....most of it can be let go....its really just small stuff and really doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things...all you can control is your own actions....in my world the other offenders dont matter....so 4 people cut in front of me....does that really affect my wait time???? nope....so someone stopped in front of me to take a picture or read the map..."May I take a picture of your family for you" or "do you need help finding something" or just an excuse me" will work...Disney doesnt make single file walk ways....and if you run into someone then its like rear ending a car on the road...your probably following too close....Its Disney...enjoy your vacation...dont let others actions influence yours....if its not putting you are your family in danger...leave it alone....just my opinion anyway

My pet peeve is people who have pet peeves and get all peeved when the pet peeve is committed....most of it can be let go....its really just small stuff and really doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things...all you can control is your own actions....in my world the other offenders dont matter....so 4 people cut in front of me....does that really affect my wait time???? nope....so someone stopped in front of me to take a picture or read the map..."May I take a picture of your family for you" or "do you need help finding something" or just an excuse me" will work...Disney doesnt make single file walk ways....and if you run into someone then its like rear ending a car on the road...your probably following too close....Its Disney...enjoy your vacation...dont let others actions influence yours....if its not putting you are your family in danger...leave it alone....just my opinion anyway

:thumbsup2 Absolutely correct...good post.

Probably get flamed for this:
Packer fans.

Bears were playing the packers this certain day. we were at AK my whole family wearing their Bears gear. My DD was ahead of us in a bears cheerleading uniform and a older lady looks at my DD and says "I hope you get creamed tonight" DD looks at me like what did i do?!? she was 6. Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter