• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pete check out this thread

I read the link and tipping is allowed even though housekeeping is not considered a tipped position. Personally I'll continue tipping, but that's just my own choice.

We tipped everyday, and the last day we handed our tip personally to our housekeeper,and she had no problem accepting it, so I'm not sure if they can't or cannot:confused3

If tipping were NOT allowed, I would expect that Disney would post signs stating this, like some places do where tipping is prohibited.

We stayed at POR and left $5 for our mousekeeper each day, except for the night my son was sick :sick:, we left $10 that day because of the additional cleaning needed. There were only four of us and we straightened up our stuff so it would not be in the way of her cleaning. We had the same mousekeeper everyday, and she was very nice. She even left us a gift bag (small trash bag) full of shampoo and soap to take home. :thumbsup2

I also travel alot for my work. I always tip when staying in any hotel. I just simply think it is the right thing to do.

I poked around and from Disney Direct, Tipping is allowed and they even give suggestions:

Q: Is tipping expected at hotels?

A: Bellhops or porters should get US$1 per bag. You do not have to tip hotel maids, although US$1/day/person is appreciated for good service

http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/FAQ.asp

Every hotel I've ever stayed in I've left a tip on the night table each day before I leave the room. Never had a tip not collected or refused. That goes for cruises too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter