Pete is talented

Status
Not open for further replies.

dis-bobaround

Earning My Ears
I remain very disappointed that Pete Werner has stepped down from hosting The Dis Unplugged Podcast. Nothing against the current panel hosting the show, but, they are 'the panel' for a reason. They are a strong supporting crew to a very gifted radio host. Whether it is The Dis Unplugged , a podcast on gardening tips or perhaps even a national radio show based on the latest Hollywood rumor mill, Pete Werner could carry the broadcast.
Not only is Pete knowledgeable about all things Disney , he is very adept at speaking to the audience off- the- cuff in an engaging and entertaining way. Pete successfully connects with the audience via video and radio, which is difficult to do. His mellow voice and honest demeanor, provides the audience with a very easy and compelling exercise in listening. His charismatic candor regarding his personal life and sexual orientation and how those things relate to Disney is intriguing and rivals that of a Howard Stern, and that's meant as a compliment. Pete has the ability to carry a solo show for hours and remain interesting the entire time doing it. I mean it. Pete , you are a talented talk show host. You will be missed and I will hold out for your return as host.

I remain very disappointed that Pete Werner has stepped down from hosting The Dis Unplugged Podcast. Nothing against the current panel hosting the show, but, they are 'the panel' for a reason. They are a strong supporting crew to a very gifted radio host. Whether it is The Dis Unplugged , a podcast on gardening tips or perhaps even a national radio show based on the latest Hollywood rumor mill, Pete Werner could carry the broadcast.
Not only is Pete knowledgeable about all things Disney , he is very adept at speaking to the audience off- the- cuff in an engaging and entertaining way. Pete successfully connects with the audience via video and radio, which is difficult to do. His mellow voice and honest demeanor, provides the audience with a very easy and compelling exercise in listening. His charismatic candor regarding his personal life and sexual orientation and how those things relate to Disney is intriguing and rivals that of a Howard Stern, and that's meant as a compliment. Pete has the ability to carry a solo show for hours and remain interesting the entire time doing it. I mean it. Pete , you are a talented talk show host. You will be missed and I will hold out for your return as host.
I agree 100%. I hate to see him go but i wish him the best. Pete had a way of making me want to go on vacations that I would never even consider in the past. I’m scared of getting seasick but cruising sounds wonderful when you listen to Pete. I would hate the 12 hour flight but Aulani sounds fabulous as it is described by Pete. DVC isn’t something we would have fathomed but now we are looking at contracts. Pete has a way of discussing difficult topics without alienating part of his audience. I understand that he no longer feels passionately about the parks but I hope he does more DVC, DCL, and dining review shows in the future. We are that family in PA that listens to the show in the middle of winter and holds on until our trips in the spring and fall.

I'll be the voice of dissent here. Don't get me wrong, I love Pete and all the others... but this is the right decision.

When Pete was on, usually it was along with others who don't go the parks often and hadn't experienced many of the current offerings. It ended up feeling like a lot of wishing for bygone days. And that's fine... but it's not helpful to the people who are listening because they want to learn about visiting the parks and who are looking for details about various park offerings/issues.

Again, I love Pete and all of the crew but sometimes it's time for a change. Pete understood that. And it's not like he's gone... he's still around on some of the other shows so you can get your Pete fix on the things he's still tuned into (DVC, DCL, solo show, etc).

Pete had a way of making me want to go on vacations that I would never even consider in the past. I’m scared of getting seasick but cruising sounds wonderful when you listen to Pete. I would hate the 12 hour flight but Aulani sounds fabulous as it is described by Pete.
Don't worry about getting seasick on a DCL cruise. The ships are very big and the amount of motion you'll experience is minimal.

Also, the flight to Aulani is indeed a very long flight. Plan on spending 10 days out there to really take in the state. We've been 6 times now (from FL) and are headed back next month.

Oh - wow...
This thread hasn't aged well AT ALL!!!
As someone who has never watched the podcast, is totally unfamiliar with the cast of characters, and whose only interaction with DIS is the discussion boards, I had that feeling you get when everyone is talking about something and you’re the only person who doesn’t know what’s going on. It took me some Googling to eventually get the whole depressing story.

What exactly happened? Or where can I find what happened?
You can read through the thread titled "Disappointed". There is another forum online with lots more specific info but if I type the name of that forum it will be censored. You can also view the comments or live chat from the most recent Dis Unplugged video on Youtube.

You can read through the thread titled "Disappointed". There is another forum online with lots more specific info but if I type the name of that forum it will be censored. You can also view the comments or live chat from the most recent Dis Unplugged video on Youtube.
Everyone’s comments are so cryptic. Something about an AMEX debt and insinuations about some inappropriate behavior?

Everyone’s comments are so cryptic. Something about an AMEX debt and insinuations about some inappropriate behavior?
The website where this stuff was revealed is now blocked on here, but you can easily find it by googling his name and dis unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter