Pete Rocks On Disneyland!

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
I'm sooo happy to hear your comments on Disneyland. Thank you for stating that the two Disney parks are different experiences and DLR is most definitely worth the visit. You are not the only person alive that loves DCA! I love everything about the DLR.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Disneyland is not the red-headed stepchild of Walt Disney World!!

I agree! I love California Adventure and I don't see why anyone would not love it, it is just new and I think people need some time to warm up to it. I can't wait I am going to be there in exactly 22 days!!! :banana:

But I agree that it is a totally different experience, and I am glad because that way I can go to both WDW and the DLR and get a different experience. I hope that they continue to make unique and special rides that are different so that I can experience something different in each park.

We haven't gone to DL for about 4 yrs now and I'm really looking forward to it because our last trip was with some friends that had polar-opposite vacation habits than us and although we did have a good time, we still felt like there were a lot of things we would have done differently if we had gone alone. So this will be our "make-up" trip! :thumbsup2

it is just new and I think people need some time to warm up to it.

Well, not exactly new, is it?!? :)

I am one of the anomalies here...DLR Vet and rather new to WDW. i have always loved DLR and am always disappointed to read the 'I hope it is worth our trip' comments. How could it not be...it was the first...the park that Walt built...etc.

We loved our trip to WDW too, it was just really different for us to have to cover so much space to get through the day, plan so many ADRs, budget in travel time, etc. We will certainly be headed to DLR before we can afford the cross country trip to WDW again.

Can't say enough good things about our park here on the left coast!
Daneen

We had our first trip to DLR in November of last year (a quick weekend). It was really busy and maybe that had something to do with our experience. But believe it or not, I felt more comfortable in DCA than Disneyland. Again, crowds may have been the big issue. I was so pumped for HM and the Nightmare overlay but I HATED it. Was never a fan of the movie. We're going back in June for a full week to give it a fair shake. Can't wait to see the "real" HM. Just wanted to give my .02 about our love for DCA.......I think it gets a raw deal.

I :lovestruc DLR!! I've been there 13 times and hope to go many more!! It will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the 1st Disney park I went to back in 1974. :goodvibes

OK....since this seems to be the place for DLR (and with the people that I like the most...my fellow PodSquad!!!)...I have a few questions.

My mom and I are going to DLR after the May repo cruise (Kingdom to Kingdom!). Last time we were there was '89 when I was 2. So I know practiaclly NOTHING about DLR.

Do y'all have any suggestions about planning a trip to DLR? We get off the Magic on the 25th and fly back home out of LAX the afternoon of the 28th.

And Pete, I'm still waiting for your DLR planning segment we were promised a while back! Any hint on when it will air?

I thought Pete Rocks about everything?! :lovestruc

I think the title might be misinterpreted, but that's my fault. You have to read it Pete "Rocks On" Disneyland. Sort of meaning he gushed about, or highly recommended Disneyland. I think Pete rocks on everything too! I didn't want anyone to think I only liked his Disneyland view!

Well, not exactly new, is it?!? :)

Haha, no it is not new, but I guess I meant it is still new to people as in it isn't the park that they 'grew up' with so they aren't attached to it the way they are to Disneyland. I think this next generation will love it just as much as they love Disneyland, especially since it has a lot of the Pixar characters that they are growing up loving right now, where Disneyland has more of the characters that I grew up loving. But I still love DCA... I think it is fantastic. I think the Aladdin show is the best theater show in any Disney park!

I was so happy to hear Kudos to the Land. My first disney park experience the DL and it will always hold a special place in my mind. Though I do love the World. Though they are sooooo different. Pirates is so much better in DL, sorry for those who like the World's. But it is the original, so you know. I think DL gets the short end alot though.

I agree, it is great to hear a WDW vet like Pete to profess his love for DLR.

I grew up going to DL (it was just DL then!) thanks to my cousin who works there (nothing like a free vacation!). My first trip to WDW was in 2001 and although it is quite an amazing place, it holds a close second to DLR. DCA is beautiful and classy, and although the target audience may have been missed in it's creation, it is a lovely addition to DL....and they serve alcohol :)!

Pete has it right. If you have only done WDW, don't fool yourself into thinking that you have also "seen" DLR. You are missing out on something amazing.

I lived in So. CA. from the time I was born till just under 2 yrs. ago when DS and I moved to TX. I was practically raised at DL and so was my DS. One of my greatest and most treasured memories was when I was in high school in 1980 and in the Los Angeles All City Marching Band-tall flag-and we got to march through the DL parade route and my mom who had cancer got to see me perform with all city because it was at DL. To be able to to this at my favorite place in the world was just :yay: :yay: :yay: .

As far as DCA goes, well, we just love it. Not because of the CA themes-except for me Soarin because of the queue theming being aviation and all and because I grew up a McDonnell Douglas Aircraft bratt. I don't know how to explain it except to say that we just enjoy walking through the gates, going into a vintage train car to get icecream, walking into a military airplane hanger to get a burger or being able to walk into the back of a beautiful, woodsy hotel to grab a great lunch from WhiteWater Snacks, seeing the monorail go by just above as your walking and one of my all time favorites that I will always adore-"Disney's Electrical Parade".:worship:

It's a gem to us!

Shannon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter