Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

Wouldn’t it be exactly the same then as any other time they offer discounts? I mean if they offer discounts to fill empty rooms then it will be exactly the same this year ppl wise. Wouldn’t make it any busier than normal 🤷‍♀️
I am no expert but in my opinion no it is not the same.
Locals who normally would’t go on a random weekday will take Thursday & Friday off from work to make a long weekend staycation at an off property hotel to explore GE.

Locals who normally would’t go on a random weekday will take Thursday & Friday off from work to make a long weekend staycation at an off property hotel to explore GE.
There are going to be AP previews taking place before the opening. I would bet most locals will aim to attend those in hopes of avoiding the crowds after official opening. I don’t think SWGE is going to be as massively impactful as everyone is thinking. A lot of offsite hotels are running specials and offering discounts for Sept which would indicate their bookings are down as well.

Not necessarily. Kids are just getting back into the school thing. Locals (and I am 2.5 hrs away) aren't pulling their kids then for Disney in September. Summer vacations are over. You might see some head there for a Halloween party, but not to take time off work after summer, labor and labor day weekends. Weekdays are not big for locals unless they are planning a longer stay and thats not usually happening in Sept. And if they do go, discounts do not matter, they just stay off site.

There are going to be AP previews taking place before the opening. I would bet most locals will aim to attend those in hopes of avoiding the crowds after official opening. I don’t think SWGE is going to be as massively impactful as everyone is thinking. A lot of offsite hotels are running specials and offering discounts for Sept which would indicate their bookings are down as well.
The AP previews are only for platinum and above. I would think most FL residents are gold due to the massive price difference and minimal blackout dates so they are not eligible to attend.
I hope you are right and it won’t be as bad as everyone thinks.

Not necessarily. Kids are just getting back into the school thing. Locals (and I am 2.5 hrs away) aren't pulling their kids then for Disney in September. Summer vacations are over. You might see some head there for a Halloween party, but not to take time off work after summer, labor and labor day weekends. Weekdays are not big for locals unless they are planning a longer stay and thats not usually happening in Sept. And if they do go, discounts do not matter, they just stay off site.
I do t k
Not everyone who goes to Disney has school aged children. I would as far to say that most of us who had trips planned before the announcement of GE booked this time of year to because families with school aged children will not be there.
I agree, locals who are going for a few days will stay off site.

The only new discount I have noticed on the WDW website is the "My first Disney Getaway Package" but maybe it's been there for a while and I just haven't noticed it :o

There is absolutely NOTHING available except $2,000+ Copper Creek Villas for December 1 - 7. I am booked for Thanksgiving Day through Dec. 3 at Pop and I am trying to either add a day on the end or scoot the whole trip to Dec 1 through 6. Maybe tomorrow will be the magic day?

There is now availability for your dates, though not at Pop.

SW

There is now availability for your dates, though not at Pop.

SW
Thanks, I managed to pick up that extra day at Pop a few days ago when I noticed some availability again. Still hoping for a discount to possibly move up to one of the Port Orleans resorts, but I love Pop so I am good either way.

I bet the discounts will drop soon. I was checking out the first week of December and it says no availability almost anywhere. Made me think that they don't want folks to book at "today's rate" so they can base the discount on a higher rate.

Do people try to estimate what their overall price might be? We booked two small trips for Sept/Oct and then one in December. In an attempt to budget for the Sept/Oct trip, I applied a hypothetical discount of 25% to each night's price. We're staying at a Moderate but I wanted to low-ball the estimate just in case. Has anyone else done this before? Is this even useful?

The estimates I calculated were pretty significant, so I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Do people try to estimate what their overall price might be? We booked two small trips for Sept/Oct and then one in December. In an attempt to budget for the Sept/Oct trip, I applied a hypothetical discount of 25% to each night's price. We're staying at a Moderate but I wanted to low-ball the estimate just in case. Has anyone else done this before? Is this even useful?

The estimates I calculated were pretty significant, so I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I've done the same. Recently realized that I hadn't factored in that discounts might not be available on weekend nights. That doesn't help the budget!

It varies by resort even within category, so 25% may indeed be higher than what you'll actually see. They also raised the rack rates in late March, so if you booked your Sept/Oct before then, and they come out with a 20%-25% discount, it'd be 20%-25% off the new rate, not the old rate.

I'm booked at AoA at a $429.50/night average. Current rate is $482/night. 20% off of that would bring it down to $385.60/night, so only 10% less than my existing booking, though still appreciated.

Got my first ever PIN code offer last week! But of course it's only good through August 28th. It's roughly +5% discount relative to the general public offers right now. Even then, Values are only 20% discount, and in Moderates, CBR/CSR are 25%, but POFQ/POR are just 15%.

I've done the same. Recently realized that I hadn't factored in that discounts might not be available on weekend nights. That doesn't help the budget!

Did not consider that! Thanks for the tip.

It varies by resort even within category, so 25% may indeed be higher than what you'll actually see. They also raised the rack rates in late March, so if you booked your Sept/Oct before then, and they come out with a 20%-25% discount, it'd be 20%-25% off the new rate, not the old rate.

I'm booked at AoA at a $429.50/night average. Current rate is $482/night. 20% off of that would bring it down to $385.60/night, so only 10% less than my existing booking, though still appreciated.

Got my first ever PIN code offer last week! But of course it's only good through August 28th. It's roughly +5% discount relative to the general public offers right now. Even then, Values are only 20% discount, and in Moderates, CBR/CSR are 25%, but POFQ/POR are just 15%.

Thanks for the info. We booked just recently so hopefully the rack rates won't jump. Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing these janky budgets!

Wondering what the new rack rates will be for those resorts offering the skyline transport?

Wondering what the new rack rates will be for those resorts offering the skyline transport?

2019 rack rates increased in March. 2020 rack rates came out a couple weeks ago. Looks like a 5.7% increase for 2020 at AoA for the same dates (-2 days for leap year) next year.

If I’m being totally honest, I’m also antsy because I don’t entirely trust Disney anymore. I’ve seen them implement changes that I don’t agree with (paying for parking at the resorts and increasing AP prices by $$$ overnight are two that come to mind). I am very hopeful that they’ll offer discounts for Fall 2019 and beyond. I don’t see the business sense in ceasing discounts outright as there will always be slower times of year when they’ll need to encourage attendance. Plus discounts can cause guests to move up a category. We stay at AKL far more often than we used to because we got a taste for it as a discount.

We’ll be going in Sept 2019 and March 2020 regardless of whether discounts are available. But after that we might look at visiting WDW less often.

We utilize the resort and pool a TON in the summer so we feel we can justify staying deluxe. However, i will NOT pay rack rate and I don't know if we will go back to moderates for our summer visits. With the continual price increases and less and less perks, I agree that we may begin to vacation elsewhere or a much shorter trip to disney and split that vacation with another Florida destination. Disney will not care, there are plenty of other families that will pay these prices.

If they are gonna put put discounts for the Fall, they better do it soon. Most people have to plan way ahead to get off work, especially now with the date based tickets. Is Disney banking on some sort of last minute surge on bookings?! I can't see how, prices are up and anyone who want to be the first in SWGE has booked long ago... I nailed down the cheapest rate I could find for Thanksgiving months ago at the All Stars for an adults only trip... Maybe Disney is afraid of cannibalizing their rack rate sales?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter